Hankellin's Revenge Game Play.

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Hankellin's Revenge Game Play.

Post by Hankellin » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:53 am

The city is quite busy this morning. Even from where you are you can hear the merchants hawking their wares.

Gaurdsmen patrol the streets and the beggars hurriedly shamble out of their way.

A very busy wharehouse district is by the docks with its attending shops and taverns as well as a couple brothels are evident by the "ladies" lining the balconies. This area is also where the majority of the dlacksmiths and stables are built.

Towards the center of town is a great park. Large trees can be seen over the tops of the buildings.

The Official Builsings are lining the west side of the park. Includes a Jail and Court and an Assembly.

The current time is late evening with the sun starting to set. The fading rays of light turn the light cloud cover to orange, red and gold...
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Thu May 06, 2004 10:08 pm

*reaches the city gates (or enterance) looking worn from a long journey*

*starts making his way into the city looking for a place to spend the night*
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Mr. Insomniac
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Mr. Insomniac » Fri May 07, 2004 11:28 pm

*Stands outside the doorway of a tavern down by the docks for a moment, then steps inside and looks around.*

User avatar
ImOnWagner
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:39 am
Title: Sharthead
Location: Absentee Ballot

Post by ImOnWagner » Sat May 08, 2004 2:38 am

Kurgetal strolls in the tavern, a wry grin on his face. he takes a seat at the tenders leftside and asks for a glass of water
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Sun May 09, 2004 4:34 am

Ewen Brown wrote:*reaches the city gates (or enterance) looking worn from a long journey*

*starts making his way into the city looking for a place to spend the night*
The gate gaurd looks over your shoddy appearance and jerks a thumb over his left shoulder.

"Theys plenty o' Inns to pick from but the cheapest are on the waterfront. That way."
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Sun May 09, 2004 4:37 am

Mr. Insomniac wrote:*Stands outside the doorway of a tavern down by the docks for a moment, then steps inside and looks around.*
The sign out front reminds you of a unicorn, if it weren't for the prominent display of its maleness.

The Bar keep looks up. "Wel'ome to the Vulgar Unicorn(TM). Anything you need jus' ask."

(OOC: I cannot remember the series of books, but the Vulgar Unicorn had some pretty amazing things occur inside its walls.)
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Sun May 09, 2004 4:44 am

War Fire wrote:Kurgetal strolls in the tavern, a wry grin on his face. he takes a seat at the tenders leftside and asks for a glass of water
The Tavern you are in is the cleanest in two blocks, though that may not be saying too much. The board floor is darkly stained in more than one place and a couple of the tables have deffinately seen better days. Still the glass the Barkeep hands you is clean and the water clear.

There is a man and a woman playing a drinking game with dice at a table across from you. It appears that the woman is winning if you were to judge from the empty glasses on the man's side of the table.

A young woman is crying alone in a corner booth and a man is leaving from the table with an angery set to his shoulders.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

Mr. Insomniac
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Mr. Insomniac » Sun May 09, 2004 6:04 am

Hankellin wrote:
Mr. Insomniac wrote:*Stands outside the doorway of a tavern down by the docks for a moment, then steps inside and looks around.*
The sign out front reminds you of a unicorn, if it weren't for the prominent display of its maleness.

The Bar keep looks up. "Wel'ome to the Vulgar Unicorn(TM). Anything you need jus' ask."

(OOC: I cannot remember the series of books, but the Vulgar Unicorn had some pretty amazing things occur inside its walls.)
*Sits down at the corner of the bar* "Interestin' sign, barkeep, and an interestin' name. Ale... and any interestin' news ye might have."

(OOC: The name is familiar, though I've never read the books. Is Kurgetal in this tavern as well, or a different one?)

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Sun May 09, 2004 6:16 am

Mr. Insomniac wrote:
Hankellin wrote: The sign out front reminds you of a unicorn, if it weren't for the prominent display of its maleness.

The Bar keep looks up. "Wel'ome to the Vulgar Unicorn(TM). Anything you need jus' ask."

(OOC: I cannot remember the series of books, but the Vulgar Unicorn had some pretty amazing things occur inside its walls.)
*Sits down at the corner of the bar* "Interestin' sign, barkeep, and an interestin' name. Ale... and any interestin' news ye might have."

(OOC: The name is familiar, though I've never read the books. Is Kurgetal in this tavern as well, or a different one?)
The Barkeep slides a mug towards your hand. The glass is smudged on the outside but the ale seems to be of a bettre quality than you expected.

"There are many 'interesting' tales about th' tavern. For a few o' the better ones, go listen to Hakiem. He may just bend your ear for a day or two..." The man points towards a disresputable looking chap sitting in a corner sipping a tall glass and watching the crowd with alert eyes.

(Kurgetal is in a more respectable tavern than this one... The Vulgar Unicorn google is such a good thing... :P and while this tavern shares the name the town and world is NOT the same.)
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Sun May 09, 2004 10:42 am

*makes an appreciative gesture towards the guard and makes his way in the indicated direction*

*stops for a moment takes a sip of water from his emptying waterskin and puts the empty waterskin in the backpack*
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Sun May 09, 2004 3:29 pm

Ewen Brown wrote:*makes an appreciative gesture towards the guard and makes his way in the indicated direction*

*stops for a moment takes a sip of water from his emptying waterskin and puts the empty waterskin in the backpack*
You head down the street in the general direction the gaurd pointed. The building start to close in on the sides as the streets narrow. The city starts to show a darker side as you progress..

You start haveing the feeling you are being watched and followed but cannot catch sight of whoever or what ever is setting the hairs on the back of your neck on end.

The streets ahead are particularly dark the lamps that should be lighting the way are out for long stretches.

A shadowy figure steps out to block your way. He is wearing a feathered mask so you cannot see any portion of his face.

"Hold, Friend. I have business to discuss with you." One hand is easy to see the other is slightly behind his hip.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
ImOnWagner
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:39 am
Title: Sharthead
Location: Absentee Ballot

Post by ImOnWagner » Sun May 09, 2004 5:15 pm

Kurgetal asks twards the bartender "would you mind if i worked on my spellbook out here?"
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Sun May 09, 2004 7:13 pm

A shadowy figure steps out to block your way. He is wearing a feathered mask so you cannot see any portion of his face.

"Hold, Friend. I have business to discuss with you." One hand is easy to see the other is slightly behind his hip.
a friend behind a mask, interesting (thinking)

*stands still uttering no facial expression whatsoever*

"discuss.. friend" (the 'friend' is expressed with the slightest tint of awe, in the wonder sense of the word)
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Mon May 10, 2004 11:58 am

War Fire wrote:Kurgetal asks twards the bartender "would you mind if i worked on my spellbook out here?"
"Ye can try, boot I di'na think ye can do much with it. Th' minstrels be about ta star' playin'"

With that a group of five men move to the center of the room. The patrons curteously move their tables to make room for the various instruments that seem to come out of no where.

Soon soft music fills the air and all the other people in the tavern set their drinks down to listen.

The woman dries her tears and stands to leave. You are the first to notice that she has left a small ring laying in the center of the table.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Mon May 10, 2004 12:09 pm

Ewen Brown wrote:
a friend behind a mask, interesting (thinking)

*stands still uttering no facial expression whatsoever*

"discuss.. friend" (the 'friend' is expressed with the slightest tint of awe, in the wonder sense of the word)
The man's shoulders shake and you can hear the sound of surpressed laughter at your tone.

"I am wanting to recruit you to help with a bit of collection that some friends and I are having problems with. It is really a good offer. You should consider it."

You hear a soft rustle to your right at the entrance of the alley there.

(I am assuming that you would be wary of any encounter of this sort and will do the "normal" skill checks. (ie spot/listen)... )
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests