Hankellin's Revenge Game Play.

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
User avatar
ImOnWagner
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:39 am
Title: Sharthead
Location: Absentee Ballot

Post by ImOnWagner » Mon May 10, 2004 1:30 pm

"'xcuse me m'mam, ye left yer ring" he yells to the lady, going to pick it up with the intent of giving it to her.
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Mon May 10, 2004 5:29 pm

Hankellin wrote:The man's shoulders shake and you can hear the sound of surpressed laughter at your tone.

"I am wanting to recruit you to help with a bit of collection that some friends and I are having problems with. It is really a good offer. You should consider it."

You hear a soft rustle to your right at the entrance of the alley there.

(I am assuming that you would be wary of any encounter of this sort and will do the "normal" skill checks. (ie spot/listen)... )
*keeps his eyes on the masked man and listens carefully for any other noises or sounds*

"a collection you say, i've heard of those things. i'm afraid you have found the wrong person for this collection, you'd do as well collecting from that beggar i just passed by some time ago. but if you want to bleed with your friends for nothing more than the joy of it, i figure i shouldn't stop you" (place for a bluff check i think)


(spot/listen checks are kind of automatic in these conditions. out of the srd- Every time you have a chance to spot something in a reactive manner you can make a Spot check without using an action. Every time you have a chance to hear something in a reactive manner (such as when someone makes a noise or you move into a new area), you can make a Listen check without using an action. Trying to hear something you failed to hear previously is a move action.)
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Mr. Insomniac
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Mr. Insomniac » Tue May 11, 2004 3:46 am

Hankellin wrote:The Barkeep slides a mug towards your hand. The glass is smudged on the outside but the ale seems to be of a bettre quality than you expected.

"There are many 'interesting' tales about th' tavern. For a few o' the better ones, go listen to Hakiem. He may just bend your ear for a day or two..." The man points towards a disresputable looking chap sitting in a corner sipping a tall glass and watching the crowd with alert eyes.
"Aye, it's good ale, and washes the dust of a long day from the throat. Give me another mug for Hakiem over there, and I'll see what tales he has to tell."

*Goes over to sit across from Hakiem. Pushes the mug of ale across the table to the man*

"The barkeep says ye may have some news to tell. I'm interested in knowin' what news there is."

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Wed May 12, 2004 9:49 am

War Fire wrote:"'xcuse me m'mam, ye left yer ring" he yells to the lady, going to pick it up with the intent of giving it to her.
You collect the ring and catch up to the woman at the door.

You hold out the ring to her and she looks down at it for a couple of heart beats.

"Thank you sir, but that ring is more painful than a salted sore at this time. You keep it and I wish you a happier time with it than I have had."

She turns from you and leaves the tavern. Just before the door swings shut, you see her shoulders shake with raking sobs.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Wed May 12, 2004 9:54 am

Ewen Brown wrote:
*keeps his eyes on the masked man and listens carefully for any other noises or sounds*

"a collection you say, i've heard of those things. i'm afraid you have found the wrong person for this collection, you'd do as well collecting from that beggar i just passed by some time ago. but if you want to bleed with your friends for nothing more than the joy of it, i figure i shouldn't stop you" (place for a bluff check i think)
The man looks to the right and left then back to you.

"I think we have a misunderstanding here. We are not looking to collect from you. We can pick better... ummm... contributors than you. We would like to offer you the chance to help us make a collection. Think it over. We will be in touch. "

He turns and quickly disappears in the darkened alley. Try as you might you can hear no other person wandering around now.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Wed May 12, 2004 10:01 am

Mr. Insomniac wrote: "Aye, it's good ale, and washes the dust of a long day from the throat. Give me another mug for Hakiem over there, and I'll see what tales he has to tell."

*Goes over to sit across from Hakiem. Pushes the mug of ale across the table to the man*

"The barkeep says ye may have some news to tell. I'm interested in knowin' what news there is."
The story teller's eyes twinkle as he lifts the glass and drains in gusty fashion that almost would put a dwarf to shame.

"News you say? I am more in the habit of trading stories. I will give you one of mine for one of yours. Deal? What would you have me tell you?"

He leans in closer to you.

"Perhaps the one about the mage with a magic brush which paints the true self of a man or any other thing? Or would you like to hear about the thief that saved a God's son? I can bore you with more mundane happenings I suppose.. Any one of these for how you lost your hair.." Hakiem seems very interested in the telling of that story.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Wed May 12, 2004 12:54 pm

Hankellin wrote:The man looks to the right and left then back to you.

"I think we have a misunderstanding here. We are not looking to collect from you. We can pick better... ummm... contributors than you. We would like to offer you the chance to help us make a collection. Think it over. We will be in touch. "

He turns and quickly disappears in the darkened alley. Try as you might you can hear no other person wandering around now.
probably wont be seeing him again

*continues making his way in the direction of the waterfront inns*
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

User avatar
ImOnWagner
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:39 am
Title: Sharthead
Location: Absentee Ballot

Post by ImOnWagner » Wed May 12, 2004 1:03 pm

Hankellin wrote:
War Fire wrote:"'xcuse me m'mam, ye left yer ring" he yells to the lady, going to pick it up with the intent of giving it to her.
You collect the ring and catch up to the woman at the door.

You hold out the ring to her and she looks down at it for a couple of heart beats.

"Thank you sir, but that ring is more painful than a salted sore at this time. You keep it and I wish you a happier time with it than I have had."

She turns from you and leaves the tavern. Just before the door swings shut, you see her shoulders shake with raking sobs.
"oh, uhh, okay ma'am, have a nice day!" then he sits down on the nearest empty chair to inspect the ring
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Thu May 13, 2004 9:44 pm

Ewen Brown wrote:
Hankellin wrote:The man looks to the right and left then back to you.

"I think we have a misunderstanding here. We are not looking to collect from you. We can pick better... ummm... contributors than you. We would like to offer you the chance to help us make a collection. Think it over. We will be in touch. "

He turns and quickly disappears in the darkened alley. Try as you might you can hear no other person wandering around now.
probably wont be seeing him again

*continues making his way in the direction of the waterfront inns*
As you head down the street, one sign catches your eye. A unicorn with prominant "equipment" on display. The name under it: "The Vulgar Unicorn".
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Thu May 13, 2004 9:51 pm

War Fire wrote: "oh, uhh, okay ma'am, have a nice day!" then he sits down on the nearest empty chair to inspect the ring
The stone is cut and polished quite well. Its many facets catching the flickering light and almost seems to draw your mind into it. With a shake of your head you manage to break the hypnotic appeal of the lights.

The band iself is ornately carved on the outside displaying what looks to be a set of nymphs or dryads holding the stone.

There is a minute but discernable inscription: "Areial, I pledge undying love. Hankellin."
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Thu May 13, 2004 10:08 pm

"i suppose this will do as much as any other rat hole" says to himself quietly

*heads for the structure titled "The Vulgar Unicorn"*
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

User avatar
ImOnWagner
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:39 am
Title: Sharthead
Location: Absentee Ballot

Post by ImOnWagner » Thu May 13, 2004 10:38 pm

i would like to try making a knowledge check to see if i can recognize who Hankellin is
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Thu May 13, 2004 11:02 pm

Ewen Brown wrote:"i suppose this will do as much as any other rat hole" says to himself quietly

*heads for the structure titled "The Vulgar Unicorn"*
You enter the dingy tavern/inn and the first thing you notice is the stinging of your eyes from the flickering torches and candles about the common room.

A bald headed dwarf and another are sitting at a booth having a quiet conversation. the Barman is wipeing a couple glasses though it appears that he is not making any progress in cleaning them.

A few people stop thrier talk to look up as you enter but soon drop their heads back to their own business.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Hankellin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Hankellin » Thu May 13, 2004 11:05 pm

War Fire wrote:i would like to try making a knowledge check to see if i can recognize who Hankellin is
The name is unfamilier to you but that would not be suprising if it is a local lord or such.

"Lucky guy." comes from a table to your left. A small woman sits there.
[url=http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?p=27566#27566]Hankellin[/url]

User avatar
Ewen Brown
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
Contact:

Post by Ewen Brown » Thu May 13, 2004 11:13 pm

*walks to the barman*

"i'm in search of a room for the night, got anything"
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests