The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Re: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:25 am

Well, we know that a pole dancer at the mansion club is Zafilde. We know Zafilde is a vampire. Darzen knows a lot about vampires based off his knowledge religion check. We know Zafilde is the one that took Anatoly. We know Zafilde appears to be behind the whole thing based on the letters and stuff, though theres almost always a master vampire pulling the strings on the first vampire you see. We suspect bad things are going to happen in a day or less based on the information we have.

We had the three pole dancers all at one place at one time. Of the three, only one acted strangely, giving us suspicions about that being Zafilde, and that was after we confronted her with how much information we had of her operation. That put her on the defensive. Odds are, right now, she is either going to ground, or about to do something rash. Her worst enemies (she probably fears us more than she let on based on our track record with her minions, or perhaps is overconfident) are at her front door so to speak.

Based off that, one of three things has to happen. She will do her best to avoid us and hide her operations to make sure that her plans don't fall through. Or, she will send forces against us, probably in overwhelming numbers. Or, we go on the offensive now.

If we are going to wait for her to attack us, getting some rooms and putting someone on watch isn't going to be enough. We need strong defenses and fast. Holy Symbols and garlic are a good start, which I imagine we have access to. Erisael has a mirror, I think. Mabon and Maryana are good against undead if they had more spells and can still turn them. Darzen still has many of his spells, and if you remember the mummy and stuff, he can handle undead. Erisael can hide and backstab with a Silver butter knife or something to modest effect. Hadija is weaponless, but can swing some random stuff at minions that don't have damage reduction.

If we are going to attack her, we need weapons and free access to the rest of the mansion. A distraction might help (Darzen has a necklace of fireballs...) but persuading Juan, Riki, or the guy in charge to let us go vampire hunting would be better. We would need to give them something for them to trust us. Fear would be a strong motivator (fear of vampires) if we can get them to believe us, but that raises the question of who is on whose side.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Well, we're not attacking anyone. And again, we have NO spells. We never rested after our last combat and before entering this place. Resting, and hoping we make it through the night is the only option we have.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:37 pm

As for getting into other parts of the mansion, I could help there. Being a pit fightr, I certainly don't have "free" access, but I could probably convince any guards that some resident is expecting me.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 am

The way I see it, we can't rest safely. Even remotely safely. Maybe we could find a scroll of rope trick on short notice and hope for the safety that brings. Otherwise the best we could do is rely on our potions and the jaws and whatever we can improvise. You can't always fight the enemy on your terms. We are at least full health though (I think) so thats one thing we have going for us.

We also have time working against us. If we rest, everyone ends up dead within 8 hours.

What time of the day is it now, and when was the pandemonium supposed to start?

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

MERLANCE wrote:What time of the day is it now, and when was the pandemonium supposed to start?
Its getting dark, lets say somewhere around 2100-2200. The second you dont know of course, apart from that its supposed to happen during the harvest festival, which is the coming three days.

Oh and by the way, i know this is out of character (and good stuff), but it could just as well be in-~, if one of you crosses the distance ;)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm

=( Sorry

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Well, that's cute. Best post you've made in... a while. :)

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Sadly the truth. :) I guess!

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:06 pm

get your ninja rodents out of my thread!

Btw, it's probably a good idea to recapitulate where everyone is at right now. Either I or LS got it wrong, I thought he was in a different room than the rest.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 pm

I believe there's nothing said yet that could cause time anomalies, however:

Erisael, Phrez, Mabon and Hadija are at the commoners bar, on the east side of the mansion.
Bactar, Darzen (and Riki, Maryana and Juan) are at the night club, which is on the southeast of the mansion, with the disco in between them.
Erisael and Hadija as of yet have no tickets for the upper classy parts of the mansion, and Hadija has overt weapons with him (i suppose Erisael is the type that would hide them a bit), disallowing him to enter the disco/night club. Equipment of Bactar, Darzen, Mabon and Maryana is at the cloakroom in the center of the mansion, as is Phrez' in the fighting cellars below.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 pm

D. Sauzi wrote:Erisael and Hadija as of yet have no tickets for the upper classy parts of the mansion, and Hadija has overt weapons with him (i suppose Erisael is the type that would hide them a bit)
I demand a sleight of hand check to see where she's sticking that rapier of hers :eyebrow:

j/k :lordfish:

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 pm

I figured they could pay their own way in.

When you say her teeth arent pleasant... are they fanged?

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 pm

MERLANCE wrote:When you say her teeth arent pleasant... are they fanged?
Hehe, good point, ever the observant power player :D. No pointy teeth, none sawed off either, just brownish and yellowish from too much coffee and cigarettes, and no dentists visited in a lifetime, if you look well enough you could probably gather a trail ration from them.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Well, at least that confirms it. If Riki were a vampire, heshe wouldnt show hisher teeth like that I imagine.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Hmmm, Joseph, it appears the ball is in your court, Darzen is expecting you, and you yourself stated you'd go and get the others. How will you go about it?