Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:37 pm 

Hmm, i might be persuaded to take up DM ing our campaign (especially if Ewen agrees), but as MERLANCE mentions, we would be left with only two npcs, way too few, 3 or 4 is ok, but two?

why is it closed anyway?, there won't be posted anything if we dont pick it up, but read-only is a bit harsh, no? for instance the pnp adventure journals, which MERLANCE wrote for a time, would still be nice entries, and i might even start/be doing stuff like that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:47 pm 
Editor

Sorry. Forgot that Merlance had that in there. Thought it was in GG. Well, ya know... CB (or I) can unlock it at anytime. I think I locked it when it had been 2-3 months since the last post. And Phosphor hasn't posted for a couple weeks but he still lurks. You can always ask if he's up to it. That would make DM & 3 players. If I knew anything about 3E (And all I know about it is from IWDII) I might even play.

EDIT: Merlance's thread was in GG and damned if I can find the post I made about locking the forum in the first place. I thought I made an announcement but I think I may have just posted it in some thread in F&WF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:15 pm 

Title: Oh my giant of Lannister
I was gonna go all pre-emptive and shit and re-open "RPG this" again, only to find out that Josan had pre-empted my pre-emptiveness. Oh well, at least I got to move Merlance's thread. BTW Merl, any chance of more updates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:57 am 

Title: Sorceror Supreme
Well, its kind of funny that you bring it up today, of all days.

See, that campaign died. We did one adventure after it that took two sessions as I recall, but I no longer remember specifics. See, I always wrote about the adventure we had the prior week, and the week after that we didn't play again.

See, first we just couldn't make time in our schedules to do it. Well, two of the people couldn't. Then we got out of practice of playing. Then for some reason my one friend didn't talk to or see me for 7 months (which incidentally ended today). We did one session once in May or so, but that was really just us playing around a bit with odd character concepts.

But anyhow we DID play today for the first time in a long time. Since about two weeks after my last post. So, yes, I will write up a new campaign log, as we ideally will be playing every other week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:43 am 

By the way, why isnt the RPG forum not available for public viewing? That is to say, an unregistered friend of mine wanted to see it but couldn't as you have to register to view it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:54 am 
Editor

My bad. I must have done that when I locked it, figuring it was only of interest to registered members, most of whom log in automatically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:59 pm 

Too bad I am an irregular. I would have played. I do wonder though, how much knowledge of D&D one needs for online stories like this. I have AD&D knowledge, but hardly used it with Nargas or any other online story I participated in. I just visualise what my character would do and describe that. If you can do the same, and I know you can Josan, I reckon you could participate too. I say, if a DM or GM wants to roll dice, let him or her do it. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:06 pm 
Editor

Hmm... maybe I will.

That'd be what, CB, dousi, Merlance and me?

And sorry you're irregular, Ruath. May I suggest laxatives. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 pm 

Whahahaha! I doubt they'll help though... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 am 
Editor

Well, I know 2E like the back of my hand. 3E and 3.5, I only know what was in IWDII and various rules discussions I heard on the old IPLY/BIS boards.

And would you just be picking up Ewen's campaign or starting fresh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:52 pm 

i guess i'll pick up from where he's left off, would be nice to have some of his notes, but i think its preferable to keep the characters and such, i'll write them out when we hit places where they might reasonably head off (Bobby and Rebeka), and as soon as we hit the countryside it could be all mine ;)

in your case too, 2e rules combined with your knowledge of how feats go and such from iwd2 you know should suffice for about 2/3 of playing. i could also sent screenshots of the relevant pages, like the class page, mundane equipment page, stuff like that.

give me a bit of time however, i'd like to read the story so far,a nd such, but that can be combined with creating your char (and myabe one for Ruath)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:12 pm 

http://www.d20srd.org/ has everything you could possibly need to know about 3.5e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:09 am 

great site, bookmark...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 am 

One old rule all over the versions was this one:

DM/GM is the boss

So whatever the one who rules the game decides goes. I say, just write your character from a standpoint that fits into the rule and you'll be ok. I reckon everyone understand that a fledgling mage can't cast fireballs big enough to fire up a house, let alone a village. Let them start with the ability to light a candle and progress that as they progress in skill. In internetcampaigns I consider that more important than actual rolling of the dice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:33 pm 

indeed indeed

however casting candlefires and fireballs doesnt include rolling twenty sided die already :) Those die are rolled just to have some possibilities of outcomes, for instance they are rolled for whether your fledgling mage can recognize the other mage is litting a candle with a 'light' spell or a 'fireball' spell.
So that's attacking and all skills (from swimming trough heavy currents, to opening locks, to identifying spells cast, to apprasing how much money the just found art piece is worth, or giving your fledgling mage that fireball scroll and see whether he can cast anything from it, etc) but its quite easy do let the DM do all of that, just dpends on what you like as a player. I do like rolling my own dice.
And indeed d/gm is the all time boss, and of course he can overrule dice rolls.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next