The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread

Post by Joseph » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Probably book Mabon on the next flight, provided they have 1st Class accommodations.

ETA:

Ya know, I really like that Runey is rping without waiting for DM posts from dousi. Creates some character interaction, keeps a flow going, etc, etc.

Hint to the others... We should all try being more interactive in the slow action periods. ;)

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 am

Joseph wrote:Ya know, I really like that Runey is rping without waiting for DM posts from dousi. Creates some character interaction, keeps a flow going, etc, etc.
That was my intention. As long as we don't do stuff that is in the DM's responsibility (like determining NPC reactions) I think we can post as often as possible.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:16 pm

/\ Woohoo, Teehee!

I've been hoping for/trying to get that idea across for ages, prolly should have called on you way earlier ;), please do continue doing so. We did have some of those periods, like at the opening of the graveyard between LS and Josan, and more around the house, but it would be lovely if this became a regular habit. Gives me a lot of insight into your chars too, as well as an option to read how your chars interpreted my posts, subjects, npcs, etc. Thanks!
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Want to give my post some more then 2 lines out of lazyness, so anyone can post before me if you like. I do it if I remember tonight although.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Sounds great, hope to see your post after MMF got their next round secure ;)

Do try to though, cause from tomorrow 2000 CET my comp will be gone for our annual lan up till sunday evening. So if you want something out of me still i'll have to write that tomorrow midday. I would appreciate a little from you though, would be a pity if i had to skip your conversation with Juan to get you guys into a comfortable resting spot. (good job posting a reminder btw, i was already fearing i'd have to skip (y)our conversation!)

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh snap! I post ASAP

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Sorry people, shouldnt make promises i dont follow up..
Left for a game of cards straight after watching MFF - Rangers with LS, and next day had only three hrs left to install games and such for the yearly LAN. Was here with my coffee, postponing any 'work' and forgetting about it while preparing the comp for the LAN im at now, didnt have time left when our (dedicated) driver arrived.
Post will arrive sunday evening late or monday, have fun in the sun in the meanwhile!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Hmm... I'm a wee bit worried since Runey hasn't been on since July 29th. Hopefully he's been looking though not logged in.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:15 pm

MERLANCE wrote:Assuming the party eats uneventfully for I dunno, lets price it as a Common Meal from the d20srd, so seven of us, at 5sp per person, so 3.5gp divided by three (since the price covers food for a day), so lets call it 12 silver, then we go to the hotel where we find out the prices and stuff for that.

I dont think we need to roleplay us ordering a meal and finding a table. Thats really minor stuff unless we get attacked by vampires and we use our garlic mashed potatoes as a defense. I doubt anyone objects to just fast forwarding through that minor stuff for now.

(Ill deduct the gold if you find the prices okay, and if Juan doesnt refuse the tip.)
NP, i was thinking along those lines as well, but didnt want to force it immediately last weekend. I'll lead you to the hotel in a moment. I'll just wait a sec to see if Runey or LS still has something to say before we leave the Mansion for the day. (prices are fine for sandwiches)

Noted Runey wasnt on for a little while as well, lets hope we didnt bore him with the summer pace.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:48 pm

That's not our "summer pace". It's our regular pace. The rpg suffers from the same thing WW itself, forums and site/ezine suffer from: Too much talk, never enough integrity or action.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Gonna write a post any time soon.

Feels like I crashed my face through a brick wall and been drinking a casket of beer. :lordfish:

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:19 pm

MERLANCE wrote:Darzen replies "I figured that we would use standard watches, and stick Phrez in there somewhere."
Was thinking along those lines as well, though now you bring it up..

The watches during travelling here were: Erisael/Mabon, Darzen/Hadija and Bactar/Maryana. Sticking Phrez in depends a bit how much you trust him.
Gathering from earlier posts you wanted him as first watch, but i suppose someone should join him, and split the watches in 4 parts with one guy doing a solo watch. Erisael or Mabon would seem most likely for the solo watch, Erisael has a slew of spotting and listening skills. Mabon has survival, which would come in handy outside.
Giving Erisael a solo watch then again would have everyone rest with their gold under their pillows :)

Getting a bit fearful about Runey in any case btw, still no sign eh? (Which is all the more reason to not have him watch solo)

Edit oh yes, layout.
Both penthouses are on the top floor, one of them is hired by the prince and his household, the other is the one you guys are taking.
The right staircase leads to the one that is yours, third floor (counting ground floor as 0), a single door leads into it (from the south).
When you enter you come into a furnished living room, with on the right side two bedrooms and a kitchen/dinner room, on the left two more bedrooms and a bathroom. All have 1 door and 1 window.
Living room has two windows on the north. There is also a window on the south in the corridor that leads to the living room of the penthouse.

something like this:
/----|--x--x---|------\
|___|______|___|
x__:_______:____|
|___|_______|___|
|-----------------------|
|___|______|___|
|___|_______|___|
|-----------------------|
|___|______|___|
|___|_______|___|
\----|----:----|------/
___|___sss|
___\---x-----/

/|\- wall, x window, : door, s staircase
oh my that becomes ugly when i need underscores for spaces.

Which is a problem for the near future anyway, im still unable to upload pics from win7.
Does anyone have a solution that doesnt entail me quarrelling with my provider?, combat would become very disorienting if i have to do it like this room layout.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:02 pm

You can't upload with Win7??? Weird. I have it and have no problems.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Yes, the problem lies with the provider of the space (the university). It mainly has to do, afaik, with their servers running on macs.
Under XP it was no problem, but under 7 i need to do some weird things with the FTP connection that i cant really figure out on my own.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Well, if need be, email them to me and I'll toss them up on the WW server. May as well upload something since I've no f-ing clue when the ezine will be coming.