[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm 

Title:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:52 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm 

Title:
I'm on vacation for the next 7-10 days or so. I should still be able to log in though and it shouldn't affect my ability to post. But if I don't post, then something prevents me from doing so, and now you know why.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:50 pm 
Editor

Damn and double damn. Runey hasn't been on for three weeks. Just when the campaign is approaching some action. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:16 pm 

Title:
Can we some how catch him? MSN? Facebook? Mobilephone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:30 am 
Editor

No. I have no contact info for him and I'll wager there's nothing for him in his forum profile beyond PMs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 pm 

Title:
I'm home, not that it affected me logging in being gone.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm 
Editor

Not that Runey has been seen for almost a month. Shame. He comes and goes but I was hoping his joining the rpg meant there'd be less going.

Ah well, we can soldier on without him until he returns. His character can wander back to the pits I suppose.

Really, regardless, it'll be you and I that need to come up with some serious strategy, Merl. Ls will just follow our lead. Not sure what we should do here. Walking around asking probably isn't the way to go. And to be honest... I've forgotten the details aside from we're looking for a vampire at this festival. What was the evil plan we're trying to stop again? dousi, we may need a refresher post from you. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 am 

Title:
Stuff I remember from the past without searching for it: Zafilde=vampire, probably the leader. Lacedys is the guy that got away. during the festival they are going to do something to the water supply to make the people frenzy. I guess we need to either stop them before they taint the water. Either we kill them all, we find the substance they will use, or kill a spellcaster thats going to cast the spell to mess with the water. If its a poison, our detect poisons will help detect it if we find the materials they intend to use for it (probably not a big barrel labelled "poison" but maybe some suspicious containers). Failing that, we need to find where they intend to infect the water and wait for them there. If the city has a complex set of aquaducts and resevoirs, we could determine a likely spot they could do that from. If its just "pollute the river" we need to go a little upriver and stop anyone suspicious.

Best path is to find Zafilde first, I think, and get Riki's or Juan's help in going to that pole dancer's room during the day and snoop around. With a wooden stake. And Holy Water. And maybe some garlic. Whatever goodwill and tips will get us. if that doesnt work, Phrez can get us to where we need to be, so don't go sending him off, yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:07 am 
Editor

I'm not sending Phrez anywhere. That's dousi's call as to what to do with him if Runey doesn't return. As for Juan and Riki, we've got no way of knowing who is involved with this so I'm not too keen on us telling them. But... *shrugs*

What we need to do is find the source of the water (which is what I'd forgotten.... contaminating the water supply). Is there a well? A river? Etc, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:14 pm 

MERL has caught most of the jist. The plans you uncovered after beating Lacedys were about him being an alchemist and sending hosts of 'rage' potions to the Mansion Club (not the city). Your invitation, received before the graveyard, also stated that Anatoly, your original quest-giver would be 'attending', with the lead up from the communications book to that invitation its like he's been abducted. Also, with Lacedys knowing so much about the operation, and having escaped your hands, it might be likely he's around as well.
You have no knowledge as of yet how the rage substance will contaminate the drinking supples (not restricted to water), however, behind the mansion club is a river, and near the front door is a well. I've also touched on how the water and beer is supplied troughout the mansions different venues, namely via an intricate tube system that lines along the different ceilings towards the respective bars (though it hasnt been remarked upon). If wine is also included in the poisoning that has to be done via barrels.
Furthermore, indeed, Zalfide is a vampire, and should be undercover here as a pole dancer, with several people under her influence, and more believing her cover.

Considering Phrez, i guess he's most likely to return to the pits on second thought yes. All in a realistic way of course though, so he wont race off before you've finished your breakfast and entered the Mansion again.

Link to the original invitation: viewtopic.php?p=86936#p86936" target="blank
Link to post about Lacedys' correspondence: viewtopic.php?p=88618#p88618" target="blank
(there are some more posts on these letters scattered around when you for instance talk about it with Maryana, slowly revealing it centers around enraging/ causing frenzy via the drinking supplies. As far as you know everything points to magical tampering, though how and exactly what remains a mystery. It would be rather badly thought trough if everything would be okay with a single dispel magic or waiting trough the 1 rnd/lvl duration of the spell with the name. Actually, the original spell is even one that can only be applied on willing creatures)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 am 

Title:
Went to my local NWN RP joint (forum) And poked around the "Tavern" section for people interested in some forum RPing in here. Which would also hopefully bring in some more activity to the forums. The people already game in some manner so it would fitting right in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:52 am 
Editor

A few more people on the forums would be nice. Not too many for dousi's sake. ;) But a few more active folks would be could. And if we could breath consistent life into this rpg, even better. Off the top of my head we've lost Ruath, Runey it seems, and two other players.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 am 

Title:
If I can try to bring in random people, so can you! Good job.

As for my post, splitting up is *always* a bad idea unless you can manage two four person groups. 4-3 or 3-3 (if we lose Phrez) doesnt cut it. Just trust me on this.

But if you absolutely insist on it, Darzen Mabon Bactar and Hadija Maryana Erisael would be the way to go. That way the two of us that have henchmen would be involved in both halves. Plus we would have heals, tanking, and damage on each squad. But we really shouldn't do it.

I could supply some anecdotal evidence of past RPGs if you need convincing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:26 am 
Editor

Son, I bin playing these here rpgs since before youse was born. Splitting up never did no harm ta no-one. ;)

And yes, a good job on Ls indeed. Now if only he could remember to also post in the play thread, not just the discussion thread.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next