[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:33 pm 

Title:
I will give it a go asap :D

An Brazilian guy jumped on the tip! He asked for a link so he hopefully shows up. Maybe now we even get represented by South America in here :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:48 pm 
Editor

Good stuff. Now go post something. :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:04 pm 

Sounds nice LS, looking forward to meeting our Brazilian!

BTW, i'm very busy with my new scheduling job the last few weeks. I'm very happy you guys are entertaining me with discussions that dont need me per se, because i doubt id have much time to do comprehensive stuff :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:57 am 
Editor

Well, the lack of activity would scare off most people. This rpg is like a soap opera. You can tune in months later and nothing new has happened.

Marcus, 10 days ago you said you'd post "ASAP". Still waiting... :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:44 pm 
Editor

With it having been a month and a half since Runey signed in, we're down to six, the party plus Maryana. I don't recall her class. A cleric or a cleric/mage?

If she's got cleric spells we need to split up her and Mabon while we search for other clerics. Perhaps like this... Darzen, Hadija & Mabon in one group, Bactar, Erisael and Maryana in the other? I think the split I suggested in the play thread, then meeting at the commoner's pub at noon works. After that, we can either continue searching until dinner time, or maybe one group cntinues while the other checks the water supplies but I doubt they're be any obvious "tampering" or other signs until it's almost time for their plan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 pm 

Yup, Maryana's a full cleric.

I'm still not fully sure what you guys' plans are though. The goal is clear, search for holy men, but i havent seen yet where the search will start, and if indeed the splitting up will happen. (no confirmation from MERL on this).

I'm also looking for a way to say this, but i fear i really want to quit, or put the thing on hold. I just spend the whole weekend fixing my three bikes and sorting out documents because the school i schedule for switches from four to three periods. Checking in on the rpg was also on my to do list, and its been there for a while, in between doing the dishes and doing my bills. Somewhere i need to find a quarter of an hour twice a week to fit this in, which isnt much definitely, but its been a task for quite a while now, instead of something i do as leisure time.
I have trouble saying this, since i still do enjoy your reactions, and seeing MERL stepping up his writing to boot makes it even harder to cut things off (not to mention Joseph saying the rpg is one of the few reasons the board's still here), but really, doing the rpg shouldnt be a chore, and its been that for a long while now. I think you can also sense that in my writing, i postpone things a lot, let weeks slip, give vague answers, cut short on describing and atmosphere, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Editor

Well, you know what... I'm sick of WW period. The forums. The site. The whole shitbag. Ezine almost always late because I'm dependant on Lina doing the artwork and I go for weeks or months with her ignoring my attempts to contact her. This rpg... Merl posts if there's something to reply to. Ls never posts unless I remind him to and me... well, I'm just sick of investing my time and energy trying to salvage a sinking ship with little to no support from anyone so...

I don't fucking care anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:31 pm 

Hmm, thanks for your understanding, i guess?

I think that's that then.. I hope we had some good moments during these 4.5 years (of rpging), lets hope we remember those. That is, if indeed nobody is willing to take over the torch.

Knowing myself by the way, i might well go into hiding for a while after all this is done, just so you know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 pm 

Title:
Just take a few weeks off (4-6 maybe?). Don't worry about the RPG., take some dousi time and rest. Im sure youll be back up for it eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:41 pm 

Title:
Oh...

Well! I volunteer to do something!

I wanted to toss a system of my own together for testing in my own setting. I gladly do so or use a D20 system anyway for easier understanding from everyone. I want there to be some RP going.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:43 pm 
Editor

Well the only chore I can see in DMing this rpg is when there's a lot of rolling required. There hasn't been much of that lately. And since this is a campaign you've already played with a PnP group, it should be pretty easy. So that only leaves the mental energy of DMing the chore ie; the lack of activity from certain players. Merl posts when there's something to reply to. I do as well. If Marcus can't be bothered without a reminder, then that's his problem and Bactar can die for all I care and it can run with just Merl and I. At least that way, they're be consistent activity.

But... if you're giving up on this campaign regardless... why should I care about the forums. The two are interconnected. As for "going into hiding" you've been half there for a while already. You don't use MSN anymore and post about once a week.

It's your call dousi. I just don't see how it's a chore unless you mean it's a chore because it's so slow.

EDIT: Marcus, if you can't even remember to make a play post at least once a week, how are you going to handle DMing? Hmm? ;)

EDIT #2: Shit! Merl, Marcus and I are all on the forums at the same time. Quick dousi, make a DM post NOW!!! AAAAHHH!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 pm 

Heheh, odd coincidences indeed :)

I think i'll follow MERLs advice though, maybe he's right and it starts itching again after a while.

I'd be happy to see what you're thinking of LS, but Josan does raise a good question in how you are going to handle it ;)

As for the reason its a chore, its not really anything of what you've written. The tempo is something we've always had to cope with, i have no trouble with it. Its not the replies either, the writing quality oscillates a bit over time, and there have surely been downs, but (which is part of why i found saying this hard) i feel you guys are actually on a higher level than has been the mean. Rolling is only a small part of the chore of dm-ing for me, sure it takes (too much) time, but it might well be the time i enjoy most next to reading your replies.

Its just that i find coming up with a DM post a chore, there's maybe a little lack of creativity, but more so just a bit of boredom and (hmm that translates well) scamping in doing so. Indeed, the adventures we've been on are inspired by things i've already done, but of course thats not a one-to-one relation. For instance the mansion you're in is translated from an adventure originally held in a like museum/hotel/bar with programmable golems as personnel. Also, every question asked is different, it warrants a different reply, so every reply requires thought put into it.
I find myself not putting enough effort for my liking into that anymore, do things hasty and superfluous, don't have the same kind of fun in it anymore, etc. Maybe its just (temporary) overkill, maybe i like other things better these days, maybe i simply have less time by now to do everything i like. I think that should cover most of it, its hard to pinpoint though.

The interconnectedness you mention is the other part of why i find this hard to do, but i don't think its something i can argue with. Keeping up the forums is your call, and this is mine (you actually have a few more right in that, as stopping the forum would stop me automatically :)) and i dont think i want to reason with the social consequences of it.
The topic is interesting of course, the way i would compare it to real world example is that an artist does a show at some venue for so many years that they become intertwined with (dependent on) each other so much that the artist leaving would make the venue go down. In a sense the artist there maybe has gained some plights too over time, but i find that hard to measure (which is the interesting part). I dont think the artist showing there should base his reasoning off the future of the venue.

About being in hiding, yes i'm already doing that in a sense considering the lack of my posts, another good reason to get the weight of my shoulders maybe. Not on MSN though, thats just my personal (that translates worse) anchorite habits, i use Skype a bit now, but actually i mostly use the telephone first before i go online somewhere. The going into hiding was more a bit of a thing that could happen if this turns into a few pages of raging and quarreling, or maybe if i get reminded of 'what i've done' too much, its just a reminder to let you know i'll be back if it happens instead of disappearing forever without notice ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:05 pm 
Editor

Well, shame that it's a chore, or boring, or whatever ever we're calling it... ;)

You know Merl and I are good for a minimum of one post per week. Marcus... not so much...

And I doubt very much I'd take the forums offline before the hosting renewal. date Members who make paypal donations are entitled to their money's worth so you, Gorth and Jan have paid to play... can't cancel your subscriptions. :D

The worst that would happen is I would simply stop posting on my own boards. Which would be shit but I wouldn't be the first owner/admin to do it. JokerIO abandoned AC and Odin walked away from NMA, for example. But if you and I disappeared, who would be left to be cool?

It's your call with the rpg. I think we can handle a post a week, with or without Marcus. If you need a break, that's your call too. Poor dousi... So much PRESSURE!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm 

Title:
I dont post once a week? I do that.

And I just said I CAN toss something up. I got my mind on to many things but some focus on really having to DM might make me put down more time here to not make a complete idiot out of myself when I said I put down a bigger effort.

I cannot either help the two players I sent this way did not show up. Which is annoying. I could put a link to this forum on a NWN RP server forum if you like to maybe kick start the activity.

Sorry for being a disoriented idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 am 
Editor

No. You don't make a play post a week. It's that simple. I don't care about other players either. If you could post with any regularity, we wouldn't need them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next