[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Actual Play Thread

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Actual Play Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 pm 
Editor

Mabon looks at the Orc. "It would be good to know your name if we are to be comrades in arms. And the evil we seek in the place goes by the name of Zalifde. Does that name mean anything to you?"

After the orc's reply, he addresses Erisael and Hadija, he saying, "Our mage needs to work on his subtlety. He's already dropped the name to some dancers, one of which left quite angrily. Stealth in our endeavours may no longer be an option. However we are battle weary with almost no spells left amongst us. I will collect the others, two at least, assuming the dwarf isn't lost or hopelessly intoxicated by the time I return. We must rest before we can hope to successfully engage any foes."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 pm 

M'name 's Phrez. Scratching his head, the Orc stoops to think. Zafilde... never heard of him. He owe you money?

Attentively, he watches Mabon speak to his comrades, trying to get the gist of the man's refined speech. They sure aren't talking about the mansion guests' usual pastimes, and the whole group seems pretty strange to him. Just perfect to get an Orc out of this place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:12 pm 

Title:
Bactar rubs his head, eyeing Juan

Strange, Maybe she is in a period of anger? He laughs for himself And...whats with the music and light? Aye it is a bit frightening. How you doing that?

He throws a glance at the others in the party to see what they are up to and keep an eye opne on the surrounding as he chats with Juan

Any regular people in here?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:51 pm 

Juan doesnt really take kindly to Bactars joke. He more or less lets it slip, staying diplomatic. That music and lighting is of magical origin, Bactar. Quite some time ago we decided it wise to invest in some permanency spells, considering most of our shows return from week to week. There is already live music in other places of our establishment and we gathered it would serve greatly for some distinction and allow a bit of rehearsing. And it costs less money of course, as long as no crazies run around dispelling our work, for which of course, you would be fined.
Regarding your question on regulars he replies affirmative. With the mansions unique place in entertainment actually most the people here are regulars, especially in the parts that require tickets. For instance the quintet you exchanged boasts with outside visit us every special occasion we hold. I could point out a few more when our tour continues.
Maryana in the meanwhile has kept to herself, investigating the characteristics of the environment. She keeps an eye on Darzen to check if all goes well with the cross-dressing dancer.

Riki breaks the silence that falls after her explanation and question: Are you staring at me, Darzen Kor of the West-Mekkeshi Kors? she asks with a grin. Her teeth aren't pleasant.

At the everymans pub the carousing continues, The juggler hoping to hit on Erisael again becoming a bit more reserved, having just overwon his apprehension of hinting at vampirical seductions he now sees you mingling with Orc brethren, and decides your tastes are really not for him. The drunk broad dwarf is currently showering himself with one of his pitchers of beer, bellowing out in pleasure. The crowd still look at him in apprehension, but let him continue, shifting their attention to the jugglers in hopes he doesnt lock eyes with either one of them. So too does the personnel, he is being watched, but allowed to continue where others probably wouldnt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 pm 

Title:
Bactar looks about, wanting a ale he turns to Juan, with a grin I'd say you're lazy! Magic is not real music, pfft. I can sing in dwarven! Not good, but still more real then your pling plong magic Bactar chuckles heartly and then stops, continue speaking Oh nay but seriously, It is cozy. So many regulars hah? What can ye tell me? I am a bit shy to just run up to these goody nobley shoes and speak to them, least without a few ales or a twenty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:22 pm 

Title:
Darzen turns to Bactar "Control yourself Bactar. While I also find this use of magic a bit frivolous, you are being disrespectful to Juan, who has been nothing but polite to us."

Turning back to Riki "No, nothing like that, I'm just waiting for our friends to come in. I probably should have paid their tickets in advance at the start, but I didnt want them to end up confused and paying for themselves twice without knowing. They should be here shortly, along with Mabon. I'm sure Erisael would be delighted to meet you."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 am 
Editor

"Well then, Phrez, as you already know, I am Mabon. And Zafilde is a... female... and, as we understand, a vampire. We have encountered, and beaten, several of her human associates and the trail has lead us here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must retrieve the others. Assuming they haven't been taken away by now. Between the mage's lack of subtlety, the dwarf's... seeming insanity... and the path before us... I almost wish I had stayed home. I do not feel much like a hero." Mabon turns and goes back to find the others, his weariness evident in his posture and walk.

Erisael turns to Phrez. "Have you heard anything? Any rumours of undead. Or have you heard of any of the name's of Zafilde's fallen friends?" Erisael runs through the names of those they've encountered thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 am 

They left a trail? Well thas jus stupid. Pausing, licking his lips, he is silent for a moment. I've heard about undead sometimes. Nut lately though. I whack people, they usually stay dead. He chuckles... well, snorts. No vampers either. I can't be sure there though. We get all kinds of people round here.

Say, Errissel... you got quite a setup there. A mage he said, and a dwarf... the dwarf crazy he said? You want me to deal wit him?

Without pausing for confirmation, he continues. I don't know the people you talking about. I know the guy who runs this place though. Name's Carlos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:11 pm 

Juan raises his eyebrow (once again) at Bactars remark, and waits for a second to reply, where Darzen steps in:
"No offense taken, but if you care little for this particular venue maybe i should take you next doors. If i'm not mistaken 'The Blondies' are still playing in the Disco, that might be more to your liking.
What i can tell you about our regulars? You'll have to be a little more specific than that good sir, because they come in many kinds. We've sat next to prince Uran of Baysdeep at the balcony, one of your 'goody nobley shoes', though i would not dare calling him so, we've a trio of wizards here regularly, Aduro, Onis and Fulgoris, who are probably indulging themselves in our literature at the small library in the Lounge if you'd like something a bit more intellectual. If its rowdy and drinking twenty beers i could point out Juup to you, who is probably showering himself in beer in the everymans pub as we speak."

Meanwhile, it seems Lois is finishing up her show for the night, the music reaches a crescendo, where she takes of her top hat, swings it into the hands of a lucky man, and loosens her long black hair. From there on she slowly walks back off the catwalk, swaying her hips, and disappearing into a dressing cabin at the back of the room. Riki follows her finale with half an eye as Darzen talks to her, replying she's sure she'd be delighted to meet your companions as well.

Mabon proceeds back to the night club without interruption.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:17 pm 

Title:
To Juan, Darzen says "Nobles, wizards, and drunken dwarves? Certainly a diverse bunch you have here. Next thing you know you'll be telling us about the Paladin convention you're holding down the hall," secretly hoping that this will cause him to mention any nearby Paladins.

Darzen notices Mabon approach and says "What news do you have of Erisael and Hadija, Mabon? I was hoping they would be with you, so that we could regroup and decide where to go next to enjoy the festivities."

(Normally I wouldn't assume what another player would say, but I expect Mabon tells us to come with him back to Erisael and get some rest based on Josan's post...)

"Oh, she wants us to meet up with her and then rest? Alright, then, I guess that would be acceptable, I am tired."

Again, to Juan "It is getting a bit late, and our road was long, could you recommend somewhere for us to get a meal, then sleep for the night, preferably where we could go with our confiscated goods? Preferably a suite that would fit me and my entourage?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:32 pm 

Title:
Bactar grins and scratches his beard I must say it is interesting people aye, Blondies...disco? Nay I am not interested! Library? Wizards? Hmm...and Juup? Dwarf?

Bactar scratches his beard again and looks about, He then looks to Darzen Ey buddy! What we be doing now then? Juan! You're good person aye! For being human! Oh just joking! *chuckles madly*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:40 pm 

Juan replies: I understand Darzen, it is getting late already and i can see you traveled quite a bit to arrive here. We have various qualities of rooms available in our hotel on the other side of the road. You can make your inquiries there, finding a room to your liking should be no problem. As for food, there are several options, we can still have you in our dining hall, you could take a few snacks in the everymans pub or no the terrace or balcony. I could also have something to eat delivered to your rooms, for a little extra charge, just leave your order at the clerk.
We can continue the rest of the tour tomorrow, if you like. Ask after me when you get to the cloakroom again. As for paladins, i must disappoint you for now, as far as i know we have no reserved visits of people of that occupation. However, many more guests should trickle in tomorrow, and although carousing over a successful harvest is not really the habit of holy men, there might just as well be one or two between them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:53 pm 
Editor

Hearing all that Juan tells Darzen, Mabon thanks Juan (as well as Darzen no doubt) and urges the group back to the common bar to rejoin the others. ON the way, he tells them about Phrez, the orcish fighter he found talking with Hadija (when Hadija speaks) and Erisael, including that he didn't seem to know the name Zafilde.

While waiting for the others, Erisael continues talking to Phrez.

When the group is together, Erisael suggests eating there in the common bar, as opposed to having food sent to the rooms. Her reasoning, that food delivered from the bar would be delivered sooner, while ordering to their rooms would certainly provide more time for word to spread around and their food to be poisoned.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:46 am 

Title:
Before leaving, Darzen thanks Juan for the tour, tips him a platinum piece (thinking that if hes not our enemy, we get some goodwill with him, and if he is our enemy, we can take it off his corpse later), bows politely to the freakish cross dressing dwarf, then follows Mabon.

To Erisael "thats a fine plan, lets just get some sandwiches or something and proceed to the hotel."

To the orc, "Nice to meet you Phrez, please, join us for dinner, on me."

Assuming the party eats uneventfully for I dunno, lets price it as a Common Meal from the d20srd, so seven of us, at 5sp per person, so 3.5gp divided by three (since the price covers food for a day), so lets call it 12 silver, then we go to the hotel where we find out the prices and stuff for that.

I dont think we need to roleplay us ordering a meal and finding a table. Thats really minor stuff unless we get attacked by vampires and we use our garlic mashed potatoes as a defense. I doubt anyone objects to just fast forwarding through that minor stuff for now.

(Ill deduct the gold if you find the prices okay, and if Juan doesnt refuse the tip.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:04 pm 

Juan expresses his thanks for the tip, you notice nothing about him doing so, apart maybe from changing his view of your status in the world. (A PP is a nobleman's tip)

He happily leads you trough the different venues to the 'everymans pub' where he introduces himself to Erisael and Hadija, nodding to Phrez in recognition. Seems you've already met another of our employees. I trust it you are not luring these fine customers into a gladiatorial exchange are you?"
Juan waits around patiently while you order a few sandwiches from the bar and eat them, while answering any questions you might have for him.*
After you have finished your meals he leads you out of the mansion, he points towards the hotels on the other side of the road for Erisael and Hadija, and leads the others back trough the disco and corridor to the cloakroom to retrieve their belongings. While doing so nothing of importance seems to have happened. The Blondies are still playing, as are the jugglers. Juup is still causing minor troubles, and you see no more of Ariel. The two gnomes you saw her with last are still next to the privies, currently in conversation with a Vareshi that looks a bit unsavory.
Walking to the grand revolving front door, Juan expresses his thanks for your visit and wishes you a pleasant bed rest. He hopes to see you on the morrow, doors open again at 9 am.

You cross the road towards the parking place, hotels and guardhouse, where you meet up with each other again. There is quite a bit of traffic from the mansion to the hotels, it seems you are not the only ones finding it a good time to catch some sleep before the real festivities start. The parking place is about half full with carriages, and a few parking guards walk about the place. In front of you are two hotels, marked with a roman I and II, the I is obviously more artistically abundant, conveying a difference in luxury.
You enter hotel I (following Darzens description of his entourage), arriving into a lushly carpeted front hall. An expensive wooden desk is in front of you, with a clerk behind it. To his left and right are staircases, where the carpet continues towards. There are paintings on the walls, and the handrails are worked off with precious metals, four guards silently look onto the room from both stairs and the entrance.
One customer is just leaving the clerk for the right staircase, and the clerk inclines his head towards you to approach, welcoming you in Vareshi, and asking after your needs. Behind him is a plaque with keys for the rooms, and a plaque with house rules and prices. These are rather standard, things like evacuating your hired room before 12 am and the like. Prices are 2 gp per night (as per 'good inn') for most rooms, some are double that. There are two marriage suites and two penthouse suites available as well, costing 12 gp per night. Rooms have space for two people, apart from the penthouses, which are designed to house a nobleman and his family (up to 8).

*this can be done retroactively, actually anything youd wish to do while eating and heading for the hotels can.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next