The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Rules Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
D. Sauzi

The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Rules Thread

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:21 pm

My thoughts are to divide campaign-related and rule-related topics in two threads.

I renamed the old 'new campaign...' thread to Discussion thread, as most of it is about constructing the characters or information about the game world.
Of course there are some rules things in there too, like the prestige classes we were talking about, or how perform works and such, in the future i think things would get clogged less, if those kind of things are posted here.

right now i cannot be arsed to move the posts that are rulerelated here, i might in the future, if its easy :)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Sooterkin

Post by Sooterkin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:40 pm

About my luck(ex) ability: Since I wont be seeing the dice and this rule is made with a 1 sitting session in mind (Roll a dice and decide before GM says a if it's a succes if you reroll again and stick with last roll, useable once per session) I'd say I can say once every 2/3 fights/encounters that I want the dice to be rerolled if the GM rolls under a 10?

About actual fights: How does this work? Is it like a chessboard like situation where u say I go G-8 to provide a flanking bonus? Or is it more of a freeform 'We gang up and attack from all sides' kind of playing where the GM decides eventual bonusses, and a fighter's tactic to be more explained through colorful explanations.
H5N1 Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:52 pm

Combat: take a look trough the 3e campaign somewhat below in the topic for an outline of the idea, which i'll hold on to.
I am however planning two changes/extras, i plan to make grid like images with positions and such at the start of every round of combat or something, because the forum doesnt have tabulars which makes symbolic representations quite cumbersome.
Second, in longer combats i advise a system in which poeple post their actions for the coming three rounds, anything in the future can be altered at any time, but it makes sure that if someone isnt there his actions can still continue without any holding up of the game. These remarks can also be made with If-Then-Else like statements if wanted.

As for the luck ability, overt rolls you can do yourself, i'll trust you in that, so for attack rolls you can decide yourself whether you want the reroll, in that sense it works even better because the result being present is very clear in forum style.
As for covert rolls it becomes less clear, i'm even in doubt if Luck in any way of the ability (like the Domain ability for instance) can be used for covert rolls, but i'd say that for instance if you make a Survival check to get your bearings and you don't, or you get the feeling your walking in circles later on, you can retry it at that time, but for covert checks things are quite queer with this subject, i think you simply cant use it. (the main skills this counts for are Hide, Move Silently, Spot, Listen, Sense Motive, and the abovementioned usage of Survival (formerly Intuit Direction), simply because you ahve no way of knowing whether you roll was good or bad anyway, and as such no just reason to be willing to reroll.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."