Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: some quite interesting idea for some quite interesting stage
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:14 am 

the last weekend of september me and my friends are hosting a kind of d&d experience for us and our friends, we are going to play a weekend of friday to sunday and play and drink and eat and sleep, we think it will be a huge experiment with right nowo 40 invitations, for our two main DMs. (and a lot of players have dm experience and will prolly dm parts, lets say that amount is 15 of the invitations or so...:))

Anywhee, the idea for most is to have a PC in one city and a small NPC guild in the other. I mostly decided here to spam about my PC; the NPC stuff i want to do is a graveyard with keepers, diggers and watchers, and if things get very late and players turn to me i might improvise a dungeon underneath, however the guild is more of a team too hold that down there, though they themselves aren't the most charismatic.

The PC i'm building is a gladiator in the style i like them, with a trident and net. we start on friday with l2 chars, (so as a fighter i'd have 4 (bonus) feats, as a ranger free 2wf, but no armors above light). I for the first time digged a bit into the two handed feats, because the trident and net are both medium sized, as such i found oversized two weapon fighting(CADV), which fixes that, and i added monkey grip (CWAR) just for good measure, to add a larger trident for damage, or net for creature size. added to 2wf and exotic:net that makes four feats, so i choose fighter, also because i think i want a medium armor. (rolling&burning something like 16/15/16 would be great), for advancement during the weekend i am thinking about quick draw for throwing more nets and tridents, and net&trident style, from the cwar, which gives you a followup trident full attack on a succesfull net attack (which also needs a weapon focus in the trident, but that would be okay too). as such my attacks should be -4/-2 with a monkey gripped trident or net, and -2/-2 without. (3.5 rules).

Now for the fun part, because we get 900 to spend as a level 2 character, with 300/item, i can buy two beautiful potions.
Alter Self i can buy in such a way the brewer changes me into a large person, for 300 gp, adding a potion of enlarge person i become a huge humanoid :), adding monkey grip i yield a gargantuan trident and a huge net :D, not at all useful for 550 gold, but i'm sure to get someones attention ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 pm 

hmm, second annual dnd weekend this weekend

i'll be dming a bit as well, which i might tell about later, and i might also tell a bit about how last years weekend turned out, but this time i will be playing O Jandal, or nicknamed O Akram Melik. In usual life he is an adventurer somewhat well-known from stories and comics for his ferocity and heroic efforts, but actually he hires writers or drawers, and uses nameless heroes and magic to slay foes more minor than those in the stories, like a popstar who fakes during concerts. Since a month he's being followed by a catsize stirge that irritates him beyong measure, even though it helps him, he calls the stirge [something somewhat translated by] Shitscamp.
Statwise he is a 1/5 barbarian/wizard with a stirge as improved familiar, he fights with a glamered chainmail that looks like a white sweated shirt with breasthair coming out and a greataxe, raging as his stirge irritates him before going off to others, and uses mainly buffs and touch spells to enhance his combat effectiveness. He has a nice con, somewhat medium int, str and cha, and the rest mediocre or slightly bad. For future levels he is looking to become a Rage Mage, and enhance his axe with spellstoring.
The campaign will start out in an egyptian/arabic like environment, though with vetos over the standard mummies, anubises and hieroglyphs stuff, and during the short campaign we'll probably travel along some diverse sceneries (including mine).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]