MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Post by Gorth » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:39 am

Nobody pays him to investigate the strangers and unless the tone changes from casual to hostile, there is no need for him to start drawing attention to himself by ogling the walking armour. Silently pondering why he teamed up with the psionic instead of a diviner. Now a diviner... that would be useful!
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Ara sits in 3, Gorth sits in 4, Konrad sits in 5, Josef sits in 6.

Kurt and Mr Smith are polite, but any attempt to steer the conversation to the business at hand is replied to with "just wait a little bit longer, he will be here soon"

Josef hears some noise from outside but its too far away to tell what it is towards the beginning (Listen 20+0 but was a natural 20) DC 25

Ten minutes later, it sounds like its died down DC 20 but no one got higher than a 10 (and yes I rolled for the others with you)

Ten minutes later, Ara and Konrad hear what sounds to be guard whistles and shouting outside (18+2, 19+3) DC 15.

Ten minutes later everyone hears what sounds to be battle, shouting, and guard whistles outside DC 10, everyone makes it.

People in the inn start looking around and murmuring about whats going on then BAM, a burly orc with a double bladed sword, a mohawk, and a bunch of gold necklaces runs into the inn, looks around, sees Mr Smith and shouts "Smith! Its not riots, its Zombies!" Immediately after he says that, six people burst in after him and attack. Two attack him, four just wade into the crowd of diners, screaming ensues (that was the surprise round)

Initiative:
Josef: 21
Ara: 20
Gorth: 19
Zombies: 15
Smith: 12
Trudy: 9
Konrad: 9
Kurt: 8
Mohawk: 7
Anne/Lig: 2

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Josef casts a quick eye in Klara's direction to see if she's in immediate danger. If she is, he goes towards her to help. If not he attacks the nearest zombie with his sabre and dagger.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 am

Gorth doesn't fancy his chances in a fair fight against that many opponents (and not trusting his not yet employer to cover his back)...

"Quick, somebody give me a hand with the table, improvised fortification time"

Grabbing a tableside, indicating which way it should get turned (large surface pointing towards most likely source of trouble).

Might not be the butt saving miracle, but it might buy some time to get an overview over what the heck is going on.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Konrad is abruptly torn out of his psychic reverie (or senile fugue, as other, more unkind folk would say) by Gorth's call to action, and in his confusion he tries his best to aid his associate in toppling the table. "Blast it, this isn't good! I'm a merchant, not a knight!" [aid another, +2]

If they are unsuccessful in overturning the table, Konrad will get as far away from the action as is possible - preferably getting behind the bar, as that seems like a safe place to be when the undead fecal matter hits the high-powered windmill. Otherwise Konrad'll stay behind the table, trying to cheer and cajole the others in their fight against the foe.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:48 am

Josef starts by using two move actions to stand, and jumps to get over the table, and manages to get to the nearest zombie, who starts munching on a downed peasant.

Ara, with a prayer to Helm, mightily flips up the table. Strength 19+3, and draws his sword and shield.

Gorth moves up to take cover against the upturned table, and surveys the scene: Four zombies dressed like commoners are attacking four commoners. They all have visible, recent wounds that look like bite marks. Two other zombies, one in chainmail with the crest of the city watch on it, and wielding a longsword is attacking the Mohawked Orc, he is missing a big chunk out of his neck and is covered in blood. The other attacking the orc is dressed like a sailor with leather armor and a scimitar. His left arm has been chewed off

Four zombies bite at four different commoners, all hitting and dropping them (5, 6, 6, 5 damage). The zombie wearing city watch garb attacks the Mohawked Orc with his sword, the one dressed as a sailor with a scimitar attacks him with... his scimitar. They both miss.

Mister Smith double moves to be at the one on Mohawk. He says "We must save these people!"

Trudy the gnome says "Holy pants, zombies!"and starts singing a bard song to Inspire Courage (+1 to save vs fear and charm, +1 to hit, +1 damage), then takes cover next to Gorth by the table, and puts her "crossbow" in hand.

Konrad, being old and such, moves to take cover at the table on the other side of Gorth.

Kurt nimbly stands, and says "Father,be careful!" and charges the city guard zombie with a jump kick. He falls flat on his butt trying to do so but is able to regain his balance (natural 1, Tumble 10+5 to stand back up)

Mohawk attacks the zombie sailor, missing on thefirst attack, but dealing 9 damage on his off hand attack.

The cloaked figure raises his/her arm and points at a zombie, and the armored figure moves toward it.

As a result of the zombie incursion, people are panicking and screaming most are hiding and some are trying to take cover behind the bar, Dietrich has disappeared from view as the throng moves toward him.

Another zombie shambles through the open door

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Josef attacks the zombie munching the peasant using his sabre (+2H +2D) and dagger (+2H +1D). While attacking he yells out Klara's name. He's rather sweet on the girl and would hate for her to be zombie food.

The "H" is "to hit", the "D" obviously damage.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 am

I might not be a scholar but using my prodigious intelligence, I conclude that getting bitten by those things is counterproductive for my long term goals. Better shoot them before they get within biting range. Checking the location of my dagger for easy drawing, I go for shooting (well, trying to at least) the closes zombie with my trusty bow and arrow. I'll keep shooting it until it doesn't twitch anymore or some other zombie gets closer. Maybe I should have bought some of that holy water...

Also, if more zombies are going to enter the building, I'll seriously consider an emergency exit from the building, making a run for it. I mean, how fast can those things be? Still plenty of patrons to go around.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 pm

"Gorth, if you can keep those... things away from me, I might be able to wrench their brains out through their ears."

Peeking over the edge of the table, Konrad concentrates on the closest zombie, and tries (in vain :P ) to blast its brain with his mind. (-1 pp)

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 am

"I don't think those guys were hired for their brains no more than their good looks... heck *I* look better than those guys."

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 am

Josef slashes at the zombie with his saber but misses (3+2+1) but with a flick of the wrist gets him in the back of the head with his dagger (18+2+1) for 6 damage (4+1+1).

Ara takes a move action to the door of the bar, raises his holy symbol of helm and shouts "Abominations be gone!" (Turn Undead 16-1=15 so max hit dice 2, turning damage 2+2+1-1). It has no noticeable effect.

Gorth draws his shortbow and takes a shot from cover at the zombie that just came in (19+2(dex)+1(PBS)+1(IS) and hits it in the eye for six damage (4+1+1)

The zombie next to Josef ignores the wound and tears at the dropped commoner with his bite (Coup de grace). He tears a big chunk out of his neck and the spray of blood makes quite a bloody mess (6 damage, DC 16, the man rolls 6+0). This action provokes an attack of opportunity from Josef, who gets a slash on him as he dropped down to bite the man (12+2+1) and hits for six more damage.

The other three zombies deliver coup de graces to their respective commoners. Excessive blood loss results from two of them, but one man manages to hang on (natural 20, DC 17)

The city watch zombie slashes at Mohawk (16+?) with his longsword and scores a blow against him for 5 damage. In response, Mohawk begins raging.

The sailor zombie scores a critical hit with his scimitar (18+?) for 8 damage. Mohawk looks pretty beat up from this current barrage of attacks and looks like his rage is the only thing keeping him up.

Smith attacks the city guard zombie with his ginormous greatsword (Large greatsword, 3d6 damage) and slices its skull inhalf, (18+3(BAB)+1(STR)+1(IS)+1(WF)-2(MG)+2(flank)=26) for 12+1+1 damage.

Trudy ducks down and continues singing (takes full cover)

Konrad Mind thrusts the zombie that came through the door, to no discernable effect, except the zombie turns and looks at him.

Kurt five foot steps to the sailor zombie and uses Flurry of Blows against it (12+3+1+1-2) (8+3+1+1-2), the first hits it in the chest dealing 8 damage against it, but the second misses.

Mohawk takes a five foot step to get in a flanking position on the sailor zombie and lets loose a howl of barbarian rage, slashing with both ends of his swords. (8+3+1+2-2=12), missing with the first, then (9+3+1+2-2=13) and hitting with the second for 3 damage (1+1+1) in the leg.

The Amored figure attacks one of the zombies that dropped a commoner with the Scythe (I meant to say it took it from the cloaked figure before, but forgot). He misses (natural 1)

The cloaked figure doesnt immediately do anything.

The zombie that just came in shambles towards Konrad and his apparently tasty brains, provoking an attack of opportunity from Ara , who hits (13+3+1) in the chest for 9 (5+3+1) damage. The zombie gets to Konrad and attacks but misses (9+?), hitting the table instead.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 am

Josef works to finish off his zombie, attacking again with sabre and dagger.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:07 am

Not sure what Konrad intends to do about his new friend, but if that zombie that came in from the cold is still the same as Gorth decorated with an arrow and Ara took an opportunistic swipe at, there can't be much left of it. Let's see if we can fit another arrow in it. Besides, the close proximity of something with a potentially lethal bite is a worrying thought. Gorth will continue pelting the closest zombie with arrows until things starts changing for better or for worse.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Ara tries to overlook the moment if anyone is in desperate help, if not he will bar the door if no one outside need to get inside, if someone do, he will try to turn again if possible (is it 2 times a day?)

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 pm

The mindlash's lack of effect is obvious, and even Konrad's age-addled brain picks up on the zombie's (relatively) good health.

"Change of plans, friend. I'm getting out of here."

Konrad withdraws from combat, and gets as far out of harm's way as his creaky old legs will take him.