MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Post by MERLANCE » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 am

Josef attacks his zombie, hitting twice (14+2+1, 16+2+1) for 10 (6+3+1) and 6 (4+1+1) damage, exposing the zombies entrails and gets coated in a spray of blood, as the undead monstrosity falls limp.

Ara gets a chance to look out in the street, it appears to have rapidly descended into a bloodbath out there as a dozen zombies are chowing down on an equal number of down commoners, a guard flees down the street and gets pounced on by two more zombies, who seem to be moving *fast*. Theres no one he can readily rescue, and no living people are trying to get to the inn, so he slams the door as two zombies take notice and charge at their prey. They start pounding on the solid oak door, and its all he can do to keep it closed (17+3 strength check to keep it shut).

Gorth, with a zombie basically right in front of him, takes a five foot step backwards and hops onto the bench of the booth, taking a shot at the fiend attempting to snack on Konrad. He grazes the zombies side (miss)(8+2+1+1) but fails to do any damage.

The three zombies who just attempted to finish off their commoners charge the nearest living, standing, creatures. Unfortunately for Smith, and two commoners, that happens to be them. The first hits Smith (18+?) for 5 damage, seeming to significantly wound the old paladin (7/12 hp left). One batters a commoner, knocking her to the floor for six damage and causing blood loss to begin. The other picked a rather hardy looking fellow who takes a mere 3 damage from the zombies hit (16+?).

The man looks scared but he doesnt want to die in front of his family, so he fights back, bashing the zombie with a flagon from the bar for 3 points of damage right to the beast's skull.

The sailor zombie slashes at Mohawk with his scimitar, hitting for eight damage (14+?) and knocking the raging barbarian down and out of the fight (-9 hp).

Smith, in retaliation, decapitates the sailor zombie with his massive greatsword (18+stuff=24), dealing 14 (12+1+1) more damage. The head lands 8 feet away. If zombies could express disbelief, that one would do so.

Trudy, while continuing to sing, draws her shortsword and stabs upwards at the zombie as it tries to scramble over the table, dealing 1 (1-1+1=1) point of damage.

Konrad manages to move back from the solid wooden cover of the table, to the soft squishy and meaty cover of Gorth, using a five foot step. (the alternative would be trying to get past the zombie and provoking an AOO)

Kurt tries to stabilize Mohawk's wounds but fails (Heal 2+1)

Mohawk lays in a rapidly expanding pool of his own blood on the ground.

The armored figure moves and attacks the zombie that moved away from him. It misses.

Considering that a zombie is right up in his/her face, the cloaked figure casts a spell. No one has spellcraft, so no one knows what spell it is, especially as you can hardly hear the words of it as they are said. A green ray springs from his/her hand and strikes the zombie in the chest (10+?), dealing 4 damage as you see the zombie uncharacteristically stagger from the blow.

That zombie proceeds to climb over the table, provoking an AAO from Trudy, who misses, and bull rushes Gorth trying to get to Konrad. Gorth is unable to make an AOO as he doesnt have a melee weapon out, but Konrad gives the zombie a crack in the skull with his quarterstaff for 3 (3-1str+1ic) damage. The zombie beats Gorth's opposed strength check and knocks him off to the side (16+2 beat 11+0). he is now directly in front of Konrad.

EDIT by Joseph, quoting Merl... A=Ara, AF= armored figure, C= cloaked figure, HS= smith, Ku=Kurt, Ko= Konrad. The ones with X are dead or near dying on the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 am

Josef mutters under his breath about zombie gore spoiling his clothing as he downs the target. Turning to assess the situation he calls out "Good thinking, priest!" noticing the Helmite closing the door. Assuming follow adventures can handle themselves, Josef moves to the aid of the surviving commoners.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Ara, holding the door simply gives Joseph a nod and loudly says I thank you good sir! But I do believe we are soon better off holding the higher ground the second floor! I think we have one to many ways of entering this bottom floor! Least If I am not mistaken....!

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Konrad sees that he's quickly running out of options, and so takes the only recourse he recognises: shouting for help!

"HELP! We could use some help over here!"
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Josef moves and attacks and hits z4 for 8 damage.

Gorth tries to shoot the zombie but misses, probably because hes off balance from being knocked out of the way.

z2 misses the commoner who tried to defend himself (natural 1)

z3 attacks smit and hits him for 5 damage.

z4 tries to coup de grace the commoner he dropped last round, but provokes an AOO from Josef. He hits for 6 damage and impales him through the chest.

The commoner tries to defend himself with another swing of his mug but misses.

Smith uses Lay on Hands on Mohawk for 15 damage.

Trudy tries to attack z7 with her short sword but misses.

Konrad screams for help and flails his quarterstaff around to no effect.

Kurt moves to help with the door, seeing Ara struggling (19+3 str) and manages to get the situation at the door more under control.

Mohawk, regaining conciousness, sees a zombie above him. Despite being prone, he still grabs his sword (move action) and attacks with one end of it( 17+1str+1ic+1bab-4prone), dealing 3 damage (1+1+1)

The Armored Figure rolls another natural 1 trying to hit z2.

The cloaked figure does his/her best to get another spell off before Konrad is eaten by a zombie, rolling a natural 20 and dealing 4 damage with another green bolt of energy. The zombie glows for a moment as the necromantic force animating it is disrupted, and falls limp to the ground.

The two zombies outside the door do their best to get in (2+?, 16+?) but the combined might of Ara and Kurt hold it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am

Josef finishes his second zombie and moves to the aid of the commoners (Z2), assuming that Mohawk and Heinrich can handle their zombie (Z3) and seeing how ineffective the armoured figured is thus far. As he does so, he calls out "Barricade the door! Anyone with free hands... barricade the door! Tables, chairs, whatever!"

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Ara continues holding the door or atleast trying to keep it held! I need support! We must place something infront of this!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 am

Gorth suggests to Konrad that the stairs leading up looks more defensible now. It's all nice with the big thugs keeping the doors closed for the moment, but not knowing if there are 2 or 20 zombies outside trying to crash the party, the corner booth is not a good long term solution. Gorth feels literally "cornered" there.

Draws his rapier and packs away the bow, then tries to sneak away from the corner towards the stairs to the upper floor.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Taking care that only Gorth hears, Konrad mutters "Agreed, but a token effort at the door would be prudent, before we retreat to the stairs."

Using his standard action for moving as well, Konrad heads for the door, but stops in between the two tables closest to the door (Moves 1 NE, 5 E, 1 NE). "Hey, you there by the doors! See if you can't close them!"

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 am

Josef moves up to Zombie 2 and attacks with his saber (18+7), cutting into its face and dealing 6 (3+2+1) damage.

Gorth tries to sneak (hide 17+8=25, Move silently 1+8=9) despite the room being fairly well lit and there being minimal cover. I guess he sneaks under the tables. No one but Konrad, Trudy, and the Cloaked Figure see him, but most people hear him cursing and bumping into things as he crawls under tables.

Zombie 2 attacks the man (who I named Rolf for ease of description), rolling a natural 1.

Zombie 3 attacks Smith and hits (18+?) for 5 damage, knocking the old paladin down and out of the fight.

Rolf has another swing and a miss.

Trudy, continuing to sing, scrambles over the table and moves towards the door.

Konrad moves towards the doors.

Kurt and Ara do their best to try to get the door shut enough to put the bar across it but their valiant efforts seem to be in vain (6+3 kurt, 1+3 Ara) while the two zombies outside start to get the door opened back up (19+?, 4+?) and reach an arm in. They are not yet in however.

Mohawk stands and attacks with one end of his sword, and hits (8+1+1+1) for 3 damage (1+1+1).

The Armored Figure attacks Zombie 2 (10+5) and deals 12 damage (5+7) cutting into it with his Scythe and severs an arm, as it falls to the ground..

The Cloaked figure steps over the table and calmy walks towards z3.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Figuring that the remaining zombie will be dispatched Josef runs to the door to aid in closing it, once again yelling for everyone to help barricade the door if they want to live.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Gorth continues for the stairs, checking up on Konrad every now and then to see if he's heading in the right direction. Cursing that he didn't get that silk rope for his grappling hook (might've come in handy if having to leave through the upper floors, if necessary through a neighbouring building).

Trying to gauge if Ara and Josef are sweating yet? May not be a Necromancer, but it doesn't take a scholar to work out that the humans holding the door will tire of that particular contest before the zombies.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Ara gives it a new push to close it and barricade it, By HELM! We are in need of the Guardians blessings! He prays as he pushes himself again to do what he must do to save the peasants in here.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Konrad starts pulling a bench towards the doors.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 am

Josef moves to the door to aid in closing it.

Gorth continues his sneaking (hide 26, MS 23), No one aside from Trudy, Konrad, and CF see him (as they saw him when he first hid) and no one hears him.

z3 attempts to Coup de grace Smith, dealing six damage and knocking him to -9 hp. He makes the fortitude save (DC 16, 18+5) to avoid dying outright. Mohawk's AOO hits (16+1) for 4 damage.

Smith, the lucky lucky man, rolls a 19 to stabilize and stop losing hit points each round (had he failed, he would have died this turn)

Trudy continues to sing, lyrically mixing in the words "la la la, if they get the door all the way open then move out of the way so I can have a clear shot , la la la", takes out and loads her "crossbow" and moves to have a shot if the zombies manage to overpower the door defenders.

Konrad drags a bench over to the door, giving a +1 to the opposed strength checks to try to keep it closed.

Kurt, Ara, and Josef do their best to get the door closed again, but are being overpowered (4+3, 3+3, 2+3, +1 =19 total)by the zombies (6+?, 17+?) who manage to get the door almost open. If the defenders fail to get the door closed next round, the zombies will be able to start attacking.

Mohawk attacks the zombie with his double bladed sword, slicing off an arm (17+1) for 8 damage, then spinning and decapitating the zombie with the other blade (natural 20) for 7 more damage.

Cloaked figure moves towards the back door, armored figure pushes its way through the crowd towards the back door (moving at half speed as its "friendly" but crowded).

Most of you hear screaming, Josef recognizes it as Klara's, coming from back by the bar.

"commoner" x1 and x2 stand back up, despite being covered in blood and missing large chunks of flesh.

Rolf grabs his wife and daughter, and runs up the stairs upon seeing the dead rise. Some of the other people follow them.

(picture later when Im on the other computer)