MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:12 am

MERLANCE wrote:Josef and Zati both move to take shots with their crossbows, Josef misses (2+5-2) as the wind kicks up a bit right before he goes to fire (-2 to ranged attacks) but Zati hits z2 for 8 damage.

Gorth looks around. Theres definitely things to climb on, but everything is soaked so the DC goes up by 5 to climb.

Kurt and Ara move to interpose themselves between the zombies and Josef/Zati. (Okay, I took a liberal interpretation of Ara's saying he prepares for battle... moving to a more favorable position as preparing).

Initiative:

Trudy 19
CF 16
Gorth 14
Kurt 14
Ara 11
Josef 6
Zombies 6
Zati 4
Josef curses the weather and fires again. He likes his new blades a great deal but wants to soften these damned things up before moving into melee.

Zati fires again with her crossbow, saving her spells for now.

(ooc - I wish quoting would include the image/files. Merl's map is the last post of the previous page lads.)

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 am

Gorth decides that neither his armour (or lack of) nor his physique is really suitable for going toe to toe with those things. Can't even critically damage them. Gravity on the other hand... how hard can it be? Even if it wins, the damage is likely to be less than a swat from one of the corpses. Gorth starts climbing up to get a better shot at the zombies (having learned his lesson from the fighting in the doorway).
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Ara awaits for the zombis to get closer, really now considering a ranged weapon in that shop.

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 am

Trudy starts singing "La la la, kill kill kill the stupid zombies" +1 to hit and damage.

The cloaked and armored figure delay.

Gorth starts trying to climb up a wall, but its just too slick (14+5, DC 20). The Armored figure turns around to give him a hand. It goes something like this, but he still makes it to the ledge of the roof and can pull himself up next turn as a move action (and still attack). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOovz9heQ6I.

Kurt readies vs approach

Ara does the same

Josef takes a shot, but misses (3+5+1-2).

z1 charges at Ara, but Ara and Kurt attack before it strikes. Ara hits (13+5) for 12 (8+3+1) damage, badly wounding the zombie. Kurt follows up with a roundhouse kick to the face (18+4) for 5 damage, taking the zombies head clean off.

z2 charges at Ara, critically hitting for 16 damages as it takes a bite out of his wrist.

z3 charges at Ara, hitting for 3 damage with another bite.

z4 moves and attacks Ara, but misses.

Zati takes a shot at z2, hitting for six damage despite firing into melee and the wind, for six damage, killing the zombie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 am

Josef quickly rushes forward, drawing his blades to attack Z3. As he comes to Ara's defense he loudly curses at the necromancer and rogue for poor tactics and cowardice.

Zati, satisfied at dropping the zombie, doesn't want to risk another shot into melee, especially in the poor weather. She lowers her crossbow and steps back, readying a spell.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 am

"Ehh, thanks... I think."

Pulls himself up, dusts off his hands and shoots a nearest zombie (z4?)

Brilliant plan. Rushing head long into a brawl with no ideas, planning or foresight.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 am

"No one rushed into anything you pathetic coward. Think before you open your worthless mouth. We had them two to one. Four of us with missile weapons soften them up, four move in to finish them in melee! That's the damned strategy that works and would have but again now but..."

Between attacks on the zombie, Josef continues.

"But you had to act like the fool you are trying to climb in the rain and falling on your ass and our cloaked friend her wastes her mindless minion helping you when it should have been in combat! If the priest dies, I will kill you myself you bandaged freak."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 am

"If you are done braying, then stop cowering behind your betters. The enemy is that way" (points towards zombies)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 am

"You were warned, worthless thieving freak. Delusional, completely out of touch with reality, a foul tongue and useless in this group, serving no purpose... Well, I will make you useful and give you purpose. You will be zombie bait."

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Ara retreats back to the wall, sacrifices hide from undead as healing.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Trudy throws a dagger at z4, missing, and continues to sing.

Gorth pulls himself up and takes a shot at z4, missing (2+3-2-2+1).

Armored figure moves and attacks, hitting z4 for 9 damage.

Josef drops his crossbow (free action), and draws his weapons (move action) and takes a 5 foot step (free action), switches places with Ara, attacking z3 with his saber. He hits (10+7+1) for 7 damage.

Ara casts a cure light wounds, healing 5 damage.

Kurt flurry of blows at z3, hitting once for 7 damage and ending the zombie's existence.

z4 moves to attack Ara, provoking AoO from Josef and Kurt, who both miss (Josef 2+8 vs AC 11). The zombie critically hits the priest with a bite for 16 damage, knocking him down and out in a pool of blood at -9 hp.

Zati "readies a spell" (she goes first next post. And last too).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Josef spins to attack Z4 with sabre and dagger.

Zati, not liking the thing being so close and not wanting to cast a spell that may hit one of the party fully retreats back to Trudy;s direction.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Ara collapses, out cold, not able to do anything.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 am

Gorth let's go of his last remaining MW arrow at z4, then takes a look around the streets in all directions (to see if the noise has attracted more zombies or other threats).

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 am

Trudy tosses her other dagger at z4, somehow miraculously hitting despite range, unclear shot, and rain, for 2 damage.

Gorth prays for a hit, closing his eyes and letting his rain slicked bow do the talking, managing to natural 20 z4 for 7 damage (5+1+1), killing the zombie before it can feast on the downed priest.

Ara stabilizes on his own (19+6 DC 15)

Not knowing this, Kurt tries a heal check, also succeeding, doubly making sure the priest doesnt bleed out.

Trudy recovers her daggers. The armored figure starts decapitating. Assuming someone checks the bodies, theres 8 gp spread among them.

257 xp for all!