MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Post by Joseph » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:49 am

MERLANCE wrote:Josef moves to the door to aid in closing it.

Gorth continues his sneaking (hide 26, MS 23), No one aside from Trudy, Konrad, and CF see him (as they saw him when he first hid) and no one hears him.

z3 attempts to Coup de grace Smith, dealing six damage and knocking him to -9 hp. He makes the fortitude save (DC 16, 18+5) to avoid dying outright. Mohawk's AOO hits (16+1) for 4 damage.

Smith, the lucky lucky man, rolls a 19 to stabilize and stop losing hit points each round (had he failed, he would have died this turn)

Trudy continues to sing, lyrically mixing in the words "la la la, if they get the door all the way open then move out of the way so I can have a clear shot , la la la", takes out and loads her "crossbow" and moves to have a shot if the zombies manage to overpower the door defenders.

Konrad drags a bench over to the door, giving a +1 to the opposed strength checks to try to keep it closed.

Kurt, Ara, and Josef do their best to get the door closed again, but are being overpowered (4+3, 3+3, 2+3, +1 =19 total)by the zombies (6+?, 17+?) who manage to get the door almost open. If the defenders fail to get the door closed next round, the zombies will be able to start attacking.

Mohawk attacks the zombie with his double bladed sword, slicing off an arm (17+1) for 8 damage, then spinning and decapitating the zombie with the other blade (natural 20) for 7 more damage.

Cloaked figure moves towards the back door, armored figure pushes its way through the crowd towards the back door (moving at half speed as its "friendly" but crowded).

Most of you hear screaming, Josef recognizes it as Klara's, coming from back by the bar.

"commoner" x1 and x2 stand back up, despite being covered in blood and missing large chunks of flesh.

Rolf grabs his wife and daughter, and runs up the stairs upon seeing the dead rise. Some of the other people follow them.

(picture later when Im on the other computer)
Seeing Konrad dragging the bench over, Josef addresses him. "Thanks old one but where is your friend? Despite his bandages, he's no doubt younger and more able bodied than you. Why does he not aid us? If this door is breached..." Josef's words trail off as he hears Klara's scream. "Klara! Klara, where are you? Is the back door breached?" To the cowering commoners, he screams out "Everyone! Everyone help with the door now or we all die and I may kill you cowards myself before I fall to these damned abominations!"

Quoted Merl's play post to save us flipping back since it was at the bottom of the previous page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 am

Gorth decides to make a small (discrete) detour to check out the back door, just in case it was more than a large rat that made the tavern wench scream. The thought of zombies both back and front is rather unpleasant and won't do. There is no such thing as too much information about what's going on.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Konrad shouts over to the cowering commoners, whilst trying to drag more crap over to the door. "Stout arms go hand in hand with stout hearts! Come on, give us a hand over here! The more of us who help barricade the doors, the sooner we'll all be safe!". (Diplomacy, +10)
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Ara pushes harder By the Gods whom Helm kept out of the Divine realms....We must close this now or they will storm in, If they get inside! Leave me be and evacuate the citizen to the upper floor, It is to late for the fools to help now! Ara says grimly as he struggles with the door Cut with the blades or anything to get them of! Anyone with a free arm and hand!

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 am

Gorth, heading towards the back door, gets to the counter and sees a bar wench (Klara) being attacked by the stable boy, who was probably 11 or 12 years old, that you met when you stowed your mule, wielding a pair of shears. He flips up the end of the bar (its on a hinge) ,continues past that to the back door. Its open, with a pool of blood on the ground just outside the door, and a bloody handprint on the door. A quick glance out the back sees your mule, over in the stable, dead from stab and bite wounds, with a city watch zombie munching on it. You see no other animals there (looking back, there were a few horses when you visited earlier). You could shut and lock this door if you wanted to (a free action next round).

Trudy continues to sing, adding in, "la la la, get ready to move out of the way, la la la."

Konrad makes his diplomacy check (18+10) to try to get some help and moves another bench in front of the door (another +1 to the str check). Five people move to try to help though are still frightened (-2 to checks)

Kurt, Ara, and Josef manage, with great effort (18+3, 9+3, 13+3, +2= 51) to make some significant progress in getting the door closed (z 19+?, 10+?). The zombies are no longer able to reach in, but its not quite closed yet.

Mohawk seems a bit disturbed seeing a dead man rise in front of him, and is shaken (-2 attack). He swings with his double bladed sword anyhow, missing on the first hit (5-1), but then hits with his second (14-1), hitting for 9 damage and sending the man, dead again, back to the floor.

The Cloaked figure walks through the end of the bar and casts a spell, which causes its hand to glow blue, and strikes the zombie stable boy (4+1(str)+1(ic)+2(flank) for no effect (will 11+?, DC 13).

The Armored Figure movesfive feet back the way he had come and attacks the newly risen z8, hitting (13+5) for 12 (5+7) damage, knocking him back to the ground faster than he stood up.

4 more commoners flee up the stairs.

z10 (Zombie stable boy) attacks Klara with his shears (natural 20, 4+? to confirm and fail) for 5 points of damage, slashing the girl across the abdomen and drawing blood.

Klara, in response, fights while trying to defend herself, missing with her dagger (3-4+1+2), gaining +2 AC in doing so.

Zombie 1, despite having its internal organs exposed, stands back up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Josef... wait for it... continues holding the door. While holding the door he calls out encouragement to the commoners and a plea for Klara to fall back from the zombie boy.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:35 am

Gorth writes off Konrads mule as a total loss and decides a locked door between him and more zombies being a prudent strategic move. Lets get that thing shut and locked.

A zombie boy with shears... more my league of opponent. He's next on the "to do" list after securing the back door. Rapier vs. shears, how bad can it be???

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Konrad addresses the commoners - "Very good, every one! Now, four of you stay here and help us block any doors and windows down here. Everyone else who isn't fighting, or keeping the doors shut, should head up the stairs, and start building more barricades!

Apart from that, Konrad doesn't do anything new, apart from getting better at improvised carpentry. IE, Konrad drags more benches.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Ara pushes on! Struggling to close it, sweating By Helm! No more shall die in here! HELP ME! HELM! DEFENDER! VANGUARD! GIVE ME YOUR STRENGTH!

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:47 am

Gorth shuts and locks the back door (last round's action), seemingly securing it, then he moves to attack zombie stable boy, deftly tumbling past the cloaked figure, and striking with his rapier (5+0+1+2), but unfortunately missing.

Trudy continues to sing, "la la la its not so bad after all oh no the dead are rising la la la someone do something la la la."

Konrad continues with his piling stuff up. adding another +1 to the check.

3 of the commoners Konrad rallied move to get one of the round tables and drag it to the door. The other two, hearing that Konrad only needs four, race for the stairs, needing little encouragement to flee.

Kurt, Ara, and Josef continue at the door (10+3, 9+3, 7+3, +3=38) gaining a little more ground against the zombies (6+?, 18+?) (about 85% shut)

Mohawk moves to Smith to try and make a heal check on him (7-1). he is unable to help, and thinks Smith is dead.

The Cloaked Figure, seeing its spell fizzle on the stable boy, tries to use aid another on Gorth, but fails (5+1+1=7 DC 10).

Armored Figure struggles moving through the occupied squares again towards the zombie stable boy.

3 more commoners flee up the stairs.

Zombie Stable Boy slashes at Klara (12+? against AC 16), but she parries with her dagger.

Klara, emboldened by the fact that shes not dead, fights defensively again , but misses (3-4+1+2) again.

Zombie 1 charges one of the commoners moving the table, severely misjudging the speed, location, and distance of the man and crashes into the wall (natural 1), falling flat.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:17 am

Ara throws a quick glance to his right When this thing is closed! We must assist those commoners there! Push! Almost done! Push! This is the best chance we got lads!

Ara do one last push, hopefully! To close the damn thing

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 am

Josef continues his efforts at the door, anxious to close it and turn his blades on the zombie attacking the commoners.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:18 am

"Ok, that's it stableboy. I'm going to make a dice pouch out of your testicles, cutting them off with your own shears!"

Gorth decides this has gone on long enough and keeps attacking the zombie stable boy.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Until the boys get the door closed properly, Konrad just continues doing his thing, encouraging everyone in their efforts.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Gorth takes another stab and zombie stable boy, hitting (natural 20) for seven damage (6+1ic), and while it does not castrate the boy, it perforates the skull from the back, and driving through the front through the eye socket, giving Klara a splattering of necrotizing twelve year old brain matter.

Trudy continues to sing, keeping an eye out for another undead rising commoner.

Konrad shouts "Go team go" or some manner of similiarly ineffective attempt at rallying the huddle masses.

The three commoners moving the table are on the verge of routing again, but they lift and carry the table towards the door.

Kurt, Ara, and Josef continue at the door, (20+3, 15+3, 7+3, +3 =54), finally overpowering the zombies (5+?, 6+2) and getting the door closed. (Keep it closed for one full round and you can bar it.)

Mohawk stops to think about decapitating Smith to make sure he doesnt rise at a zombie, but decides to wait and see what happens, readying an action to attack him if he starts to get back up, just in case (Intelligence check 14-2, DC 10)

Cloaked figure moves into the kitchen to find some large bludgeoning instrument, grabbing a frying pan off the stove top.

Armored Figure moves toward z1.

Klara ducks and covers behind the counter.

Zombie 1 crawls and attacks one of the commoners, hitting (19+?) for 3 damage

Zombie 2 and Zombie 4 rise again.