MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Post by Gorth » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 pm

I think he was more irritated over the ruined business lunch (establishment not hiring enough bouncers to guard the doors or whatever), but you would have to ask Magnus, he's the one that asked me to get his silver back.

Just double checking, "Ara" (which I was heading to see) is up the first flight of stairs checking on the wounded?
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 am

Ara, kurt, mohawk, and the wounded are upstairsi. Most of the commoners have gone into the rooms and are cowering. Some of them have started moving furniture to the top of the stairs, but havent made it a barricade, just preparing it in case they need to, same on the third floor (even though no PC has gone up there yet).

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 am

Thanks. Just about the flavour stuff, who's the current god/goddess of thieves and luck. Depending on timeline, it could be either Mask/Cyric and what's her name, Tymora I think. Not that it has any impact on anything, just wanted to get the references right if my character ever were to utter exasperated exclamations :)

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am

Might as well just stick with Forgotten Realms gods. After the time of troubles. Before the retarded mess of 4th edition. So think like... the gods as they are as of 1372 DR. Kelemvor of the dead, Midnight as Mystra, etc.

The world isnt the realms, just the gods.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Ill post after either Konrad or Ara says something...

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:02 pm

...Aaaand my extracurricular activities are done, so I can now resume with my idle forums browsing. I'll just catch up with what's going on, and then write my post tomorrow. Also, Merl: I'm writing some in-character journal entries to remind me about various events, and who all these characters are. Would it be OK to share it with you guys?
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Sure. Go for it. Would like to see your take on some of them. Ill make a post after you make your post.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Hmm, so Kurt doesn't know anything either. I guess it wasn't just disgruntled customers returning as revenants and exacting vengeance for watered down beer then...

Sort of stuck between a rock a and graveyard at the moment :mrgreen:

Maybe I should ask Dietrich if he has a length of rope that he wants to sell me (still cursing over the fact that I forgot to buy some silk rope before we started).

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 am

Youcould always try to ask. Its your guys job to post too :P

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:43 am

If my character stretches his memory a bit from the initial scouting out the Inn and the possible exits, any idea how far apart it is from the neighbour buildings? Just checking the plausibility of using some wooden planks from a smashed up table or two as a "cat walk" between buildings.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 am

This is a three story building. Most of the others are one story, a few are two. You definitely saw a few taller on your way into the city, a couple six or seven story buildings (sort of like the Iron Throne building in BG1). Taking that into consideration, not all buildings of the same number of floors are the same size. However The buildings in the immediate area next to the inn are 10 feet away on the right or left, but only one story tall, so its a solid 25 feet down to them from the roof, and theres no windows on the second floor out to those sides.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 am

Well, being and abject coward when it comes to the prospect of a stand up fight, my character is definitely going to be reluctant at going fetching ropes in the stable :mrgreen:

I've done a bit of reading of the reference material linked to (and the notable npc's in your list). I've got a suspicion about the nature of the armoured figure and his "relationship" with "the cloaked figure". Doubt he's going to answer any questions :P

Need to think a bit.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 am

Was wondering if anyone would ever comment on that. But remember, in character, you know nothing! Its just for my ease of reference if I post on different computers or something, or so that if Im doing a combat post I can just check real quick and see what ACs are and stuff.

Oh, and theres a suit of city guard chain mail, the sailor's leather, a longsword, and a scimitar up for grabs from the bodies. Forgot to mention that.

Oh and I havent seen a Catboris post lately. Might just have Konrad go stir crazy and jump off the roof...

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:07 am

Yeah, our characters only know what you subtly hinted at when people came up from the basement (i.e. the reactions). I'm not going to read from the Tome of Bone and Ash and start experimenting Planescape: Torment style with that big fellow :P

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah, Magnus hasn't been on since his post last week. Maybe he's just been workign really hard on those character journals he mentioned. As for having Konrad go crazy and jump off the roof... the character is old. He could have dementia. It would be plausible. ;)