MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Post by MERLANCE » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:17 pm

I just tend to call people their old names. Josan and dousi come to mind.

I'm guessing LS is gone now so if we get a catboris Magnus whatever post I'll post again. The actual campaign will start once we do as this was more of just the prologue

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Yeah, Ls posted in OD that he was off for two weeks or so.

I messaged Magnus on FB, asking if he was in school over the summer or working since, as I said, I haven't seen him here or there for a bit.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:57 pm

I heard from Magnus yesterday. He's been busy volunteering at some summer festivals but he hasn't forgotten us.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Alright, Ill just stick him somewhere then but he will hopefully post after my next post.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 am

Oh I meant to postthat its goingto take a full round action to get up from the table if you arent in 1, 2, 8, 9. Or a standard action if you wait until after everyone next to you goes.

You can normally take a full round action, two move actions, or a move action and a standard action. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm See the tables on the right side for different actions.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:17 am

I think my first instinct would be to duck under the table. I'm not getting paid to get killed in seemingly random tavern brawls.

So, ducking under the table and drawing some kind of weapon (like a dagger, ready for throwing), how would that compare to to just standing up and jumping through the nearest window (or running through one of those identified exits that my character scouted out earlier).

Sounds whimpy, but my guy is not a front line fighter. I prefer to get away from the absolute center of attention and then pepper people with missiles, if necessary shooting through openings :)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 am

Knocking over the table and using it as cover while you used ranged attacks would work too. I dont think "zombies running through the front door and eating the patrons" counts as random tavern brawl though :P

Josef doesnt see Klara btw.

Im going to have to come up with a way to make a graphical representation of the inn.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 am

I suppose if it isn't some 300 pound oak table that my STR 10 character wouldn't be able to budge, then that is indeed an option (probably my preferred option). I guess my action is depending on the nature of the table then :)
MERLANCE wrote:I dont think "zombies running through the front door and eating the patrons" counts as random tavern brawl though :P
Maybe the bar served watered down beer to some ticked off necromancer?

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am

Gorth, there's nothing wimpy about a rogue taking cover and using ranged attacks. You're not playing a tank after all. However if the table is too heavy for you to flip, I will laugh. :D

Merl, I'm pretty sure dousi did all his maps in MS Paint. They don't have to be pretty, just functional.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:33 am

Joseph wrote:However if the table is too heavy for you to flip, I will laugh. :D
Yeah, I'm sort of having visions of a failed Erroll Flynn, trying to kick over the table while doing a flourish with his dagger, yet instead ending up on the floor, rolling around whimpering in pain because of a broken foot. The table is after all big enough to seat 9 people around it :lol:

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:45 am

Its a big table, pretty heavy. Would say, I dunno, DC 15 strength check as a standard action to flip it over. Should manage it with a little help from your friends (Will have Ara do it, and Konrad if he doesnt do anything else in a week).

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 am

Well, plan put into motion. With a bit of luck, the zombies will be busy munchin on Klara while we prepare our defenses.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey guys, I'm ever so horribly sorry for flaking out like that, and it's even worse considering I've been slightly vocal about having to stick to schedules. But like Joseph already said, I've been busy with volunteer work these past few weeks, and this is my first real time off since I started. Remind me to post a rant about this crap :) Anyhow, festival season is officially over on the 30th, so life should return to normal then :)

::Edit::

Also, how effective is Konrad as blasting zombies with his mind-thrust?
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Hmm... was just looking over my character sheet since we're in combat and checking that excellently laid out (sarcasm) d20 site and realised I've no clue what my attacks per round are with two-weapon fighting. I'm assuming right now it's one per weapon but I can't find a table showing how that advances per level.

Also forgot to add my strength bonus to my damage. I think I read somewhere that with two-weapon fighting you get full strength damage bonus with your main hand but only half with your off hand which would make my damage bonus +2 +1. Is that right?

Also... I have to keep editing the colour in everyone's play posts. You're all using different colours. The colour Magnus picked for dialogue is FF00FF, the purplish pink near the bottom right. While I still prefer bright red for viewing on both templates, Magnus spend hours, possibly even days testing every colour on both templates in a thread in the staff forum. It shall not be in vain or Fish... :lordfish: shall smite thee and give thy souls to the Angler... :angler:

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Didnt think anyone would notice I used red by mistake there :p

You get one attack with each. At level six you get another attack with your main hand, and you have to spend a feat to get another attack with your off hand. At level 11 you get another with your main hand, and then another with another feat for your off hand. Then 16 you get another with your main hand, then... I think you have to take the Tempest prestige class to get the fourth with your off hand.

Yeah you get your strength with main hand, half with off hand. So +2/+1. Your attack bonus would be 1(base)+1(focus)+2(strength)-2(TWF) so +2/+2. Buuut since Trudy is using Inspire Courage, thats +1 to hit and damage.

And if you flank the enemy (be on the opposite side of someone else), thats another +2 to hit. And if you jumped up on a table, that would be another +1 to hit, for high ground. Those would be the most frequently used situational bonuses, I think.