[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:21 pm 
Editor

So... how does it work if I just want to slap Gorth around a bit? In real life, obviously, it's easy as pie to slap someone upside the head, no roll involved. You want to slap someone, you just do it.

Clearly I don't want to kill Gorth so can I just slap him? Or knee him in the groin? We're face to face? Do I need to roll for that?

Or how about smacking him around with the flat side of my blades, just enough to teach the obnoxious mouthpiece a little lesson?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:14 pm 

Title:
If you were going to do that, you would roll initiative as normal, just you and Gorth and anyone else that chose to get involved, then you would make a melee attack at -4 to do nonlethal damage to Gorth, he would be flat footed (-2 ac as he would lose his dex bonus) if you won initiative, and then do normal damage.

For future reference, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 pm 

Title:
So I liked at Ara's character sheet, and he has "Craft" as a skill. Is that meant to be spellcraft, or is it meant to be a craft like woodworking, bowmaking, blacksmithing, weaponsmithing, cooking, or something?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm 
Editor

Well, the party is about to get smaller by two as soon as the fear spell wears off because the necromancer is dead and that will no doubt take her minion with her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 pm 

Title:
Thats the kind of thing that ends a game then. Had to think of a nonlethal way of keeping you from killing Gorth (at least, the NPCs assumed you were about to kill him).

CF, AF, Trudy, and Gorth vs Josef and Zati, with Kurt trying to disarm both sides.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:34 pm 
Editor

Yes, and you accomplished that with Kurt.

Having the necromancer get involved was over doing it. Think about it from the perspective of the characters.

There's no way that Josef and Zati are going to continue travelling with/working with the necromancer now. They either kill her or abandon the party.

As for Gorth's Gorth, he's playing his character just fine for what he is, an obnoxious jerk that no one likes.

So don't put the onus of "ending a game" on me. Kurt's intervention was fine. My charcter would listen to a paladin/monk. He will not accept having a necromancer with an undead servant casting a spell on him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm 

Title:
Well, it was a non damaging effect. Ill just delete that half of the post then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:47 pm 
Editor

Good call. Because non-damaging or not, it's still perceived as an aggressive act by a PC which completely negates any chance of ever trusting that NPC. And with the minuses it inflicts on a character, if that character runs around a corner into a horde of zombies he's screwed.

As for Gorth's character, like I said, he's playing it well for what the character is. But the character isn't likeable and the party isn't really a well-bonded unit. And never will be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 am 

Title:
Whats the status of poor Ara right now?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm 

Title:
0 hit points, unconcious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 am 

Title:
Okay.

And the Craft is supposed to be a craft as in handiwork or how ever you say it in English. As far as I know atleast. I did just not pick one, I forgot that. Since Clerics do not get spellcraft do they? I do not remember in al honesty!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:43 am 

Title:
Clerics do get Spellcraft. But pick whatever craft skill you want.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:00 pm 
Editor

I realise that you're trying to move this along since Gorth has been absent since Sunday but...

If Ara is at 0hp and unconscious where is he? Lying in the alley? Kurt carrying him? Did Kurt heal him and we missed it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:21 pm 

Title:
He is still at 0hp in the alley, but Kurt is with him. Zati, you, CF, and AF moved up. Gorth is standing somewhere between you and Ara.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 pm 
Editor

I'll edit your play post to reflect that so all the relevant information is in one place.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next