The Nameless Ones - Who's the Evil Incarnation?

From the late, great studio that brought us together

Who's the evil incarnation?

(The Good One)
17%
The Practical One
67%
The Paranoid One
17%

Total votes: 6

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

The Nameless Ones - Who's the Evil Incarnation?

Post by Jan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:37 pm

I am starting to doubt myself and others. It seems to me like the three different incarnations represent a different unique alignment: Good, neutral, evil. Who is actually the evil one of the the Nameless Ones incarnations?

The Paranoid one seems pretty Evil considering all his mad schemes and murders, but the Practical seems to be the smart Evil that manipulates his followers to his own ends, sacrificng their lives etc, and the Good one well, he's just the good one...I think.

edit: fixed a few typos.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:03 am

I do not trust that good one, he overthows the balance far too much...
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:09 am

I am actually being serious, are you?

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:26 am

i think i'm being drunk...

have you noticed how long it took me to post that picture in the thread below?

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:03 am

The good one is evil of some type. The practical is lawful evil. The paranoid one is chaotic neutral, the alignment of madmen and such.

I voted practical.

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:21 am

what game are you referring to?
My breath stinks because I eat dog shit 3 times a day

Barren

Post by Barren » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:39 am

MERLANCE wrote:The good one is evil of some type. The practical is lawful evil. The paranoid one is chaotic neutral, the alignment of madmen and such.

I voted practical.
I agree with the last two, but why do you call the good incarnation "evil"?

(Also voted Practical)
[url=http://forums.ashfordcity.net]Ashford City[/url] - What do you know, the link is no longer working.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:03 am

Barren wrote:
MERLANCE wrote:The good one is evil of some type. The practical is lawful evil. The paranoid one is chaotic neutral, the alignment of madmen and such.

I voted practical.

(Also voted Practical)
I may be forgetting something (its been a while since I played) but the first one was the good one, right? The whole reason he sought eternal life was because he knew he was going to hell or the abyss when he died. He probably did something pretty evil, and was pretty evil. I mean, at the end of the game when you finally die, you get to pay for his crimes, so clearly whatever good you have done in your lives did not outweigh the evil you've done.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:20 pm

To be honest, i fear the 'good' incarnation is a lying bastard. To be bit more serious than yesterday, i dont think that answer was that unserious.
Like Merlance said, he did at least do some crimes which you are paying for, which he doesnt tell you. Also, it seems to me that TNO has to do away with all of his previous incarnations, which in a way implies they are evil. I think for instance Ignus is a result of the Good incarnation, maybe with the best intentions, but with disastrous and very evil results, and i think in D&Ds system, character traits like such naivity in a leader, are considered evil. Think about how many characters the Good incarnation has taken with him into the afterlife (ok, excluding himself), including the likes of Deionarra, pretty evil i'd say.

Do have to admit, that my first run has been a long time ago and the second run is halted at Fhjull, at which point you havent heard that much of every incarnation.

Barren

Post by Barren » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:02 pm

MERLANCE wrote:
Barren wrote:

I voted practical.

(Also voted Practical)
I may be forgetting something (its been a while since I played) but the first one was the good one, right? The whole reason he sought eternal life was because he knew he was going to hell or the abyss when he died. He probably did something pretty evil, and was pretty evil. I mean, at the end of the game when you finally die, you get to pay for his crimes, so clearly whatever good you have done in your lives did not outweigh the evil you've done.
But the game made it clear that he's changed, redeemed himself. That's why they refer to him not as the First Incarnation, but as the Good Incarnation: because he's no longer the same person. (Well, it's also to avoid giving away a spoiler.... but still.)
[url=http://forums.ashfordcity.net]Ashford City[/url] - What do you know, the link is no longer working.

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:31 pm

The reason why I asked in the first place is due to some KotOR discussion where I was thinking about using the Practical Incarnation as a reference of a neutral character, a gray character somewhat like Kreia, who preaches the same kind of manipulation as the Practical Incarnation more or less, but somehow it just feels wrong - still.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:16 am

Barren wrote:
MERLANCE wrote:
Barren wrote: I agree with the last two, but why do you call the good incarnation "evil"?

(Also voted Practical)
But the game made it clear that he's changed, redeemed himself. That's why they refer to him not as the First Incarnation, but as the Good Incarnation: because he's no longer the same person. (Well, it's also to avoid giving away a spoiler.... but still.)
And what do you know, you get sent to an evil plane when you die, exactly what he was trying to avoid. A death bed repentant is hardly a changed man.

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:29 am

MERLANCE wrote:
Barren wrote:
MERLANCE wrote: I may be forgetting something (its been a while since I played) but the first one was the good one, right? The whole reason he sought eternal life was because he knew he was going to hell or the abyss when he died. He probably did something pretty evil, and was pretty evil. I mean, at the end of the game when you finally die, you get to pay for his crimes, so clearly whatever good you have done in your lives did not outweigh the evil you've done.
And what do you know, you get sent to an evil plane when you die, exactly what he was trying to avoid. A death bed repentant is hardly a changed man.
You mean he's faking it? That's hardly a change, I agree. The sum of your actions has secured you a cruel afterlife and to dodge that you go immortal and send someone else off to the afterlife when you die (each time)...

Hm, I know where da evil ones go in the PS:T setting ("the nine hells" kinda place to wage war), but where do the good guys go?

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:48 pm

Dodger wrote:what game are you referring to?
Planescape Torment

I voted paranoid, he was nothing more than a sociopath, the practical was a thriller-esque serial killer. The good one seemed t be the least evil IMO hence the most good
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:18 pm

I'd have to disagree with that Fluffy. The paranoid incarnation was clearly unbalanced. That's not really indicative of any moral sway, to one side or the other. And (forgive the generalisation but...) sociopaths aren't evil. On a simple level, they have no morality/ethics at all.

I voted for the practical incarnation as well.