Fallout 2!

From the late, great studio that brought us together
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Fallout 2!

Post by Marcus » Wed May 09, 2007 3:14 pm

I want to know what I need to make it the best play ever out of this game. As in which patched and mods I should download and so on yadda yadda and gameplay to make it the most fun.

If its not to much to ask of you my fellow Winterwindians! :D

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Wed May 09, 2007 5:56 pm

Uh.. mods?!

I've played this game with several different chars both in terms of s.p.e.c.i.a.l. stats, skills and good and evil 'alignment' and they all had some very unique experiences in between the shared content.

There are some 'roles' that are more funny and interesting. The dumb, the smart and the sexy and more and then one with a reference to a vampire tv-teen, which adds something.

To do it all in ONE great game, would require a lot of cheating.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed May 09, 2007 7:10 pm

Yeah, there are some mods available at NMA (maybe DAC too) but I've never used them. I read the descriptions and just thought "Meh, why bother."

As Jan said, there are many different builds you can use. All depends on your playing preference.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue May 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Aye a certain most short vampire butching heroine right?

Well I always end up with the.."jack of all trades, even in all stats or the agility 10" char...

Any idea on a build?

I read about a pacifist player...he only killled a rad scorpion cause he got surrounded, sounds a bit like bullshit too me.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed May 16, 2007 1:36 am

It's possible to complete the game with a single kill (Frank) .

For some fun, try an INT 3 character, bruiser, high STR etc.

Or a Bruce Lee character, all agility and things that improces AC without wearing armour and cause regular massive crits in h-t-h combat.

Lots of extreme variants to try out (you don't really have to complete the game with them, just try them out). Who knows, you might like an experiment enough to stick with it for a full game.

Edit: my favourite is the physically weak/frail geek with tagged science, speech and energy weapon skills. A mad professor with a laser pistol...
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed May 16, 2007 7:20 pm

for int 3 characters i must point anyone to Arcanum..
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:52 pm

For a dumb char you really need to have completed the game as a smart one first or else the whole dumbness is kinda, uh, dumb(p)ed.

Playing as slaver was one of the more interesting evil things to do.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:42 pm

D. Sauzi wrote:for int 3 characters i must point anyone to Arcanum..
Or just pint them there in general... :look:
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:25 pm

Heh, Well the dungeons in the starti s so annoying! Bahr!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:02 pm

In FO2, hell yeah. Ants and baby scorpions always pissed me off. The first game or two, I cleared everything for the xp. After that though, straight to the exit.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Yeah...the game did trick me with that dungeon! It almost made me give up in to early

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:56 am

It is annoying, especially if you don't have the stats to talk your way out and have to fight. doesn't go well if you're too wounded and don't have enough healing powder.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Gorth wrote: For some fun, try an INT 3 character, bruiser, high STR etc.

Or a Bruce Lee character, all agility and things that improces AC without wearing armour and cause regular massive crits in h-t-h combat.
basically, all my first characters were like that... and I completed the game twice with a build like that *facepalm*

seriously, it's some fun toying around with the combat options when you're new to the game, but basically stats like that cripple the game. You only get to see very little of the game this way

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:53 pm

It's kinda funn.. d'uh, tragi.. comix.. how any game with multiple endings and branching dialog and gameplay and that whole aspect of replayability is considered a bonus, when most people just want to play the one perfect game where you get to see and try all.. in one game.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:27 am

Janmanden wrote:It's kinda funn.. d'uh, tragi.. comix.. how any game with multiple endings and branching dialog and gameplay and that whole aspect of replayability is considered a bonus, when most people just want to play the one perfect game where you get to see and try all.. in one game.
well, with the character mentioned above, I basically just had the option of wether I wanted to *kick* or *punch* people in the face. Dialogue options are basically non existent with a 3 INT (or 4, can't remember what the minimum was), you have virtually no skill points to spend so no lock picking OR explosives OR computer hacking to open up any inaccesible areas, of course you can use guns but you'll miss most of the time. But yeah, the Temple of Trials is pretty easy this way, lollercakez

I do admit to stereotypical playing styles though... I never played the game as a 'nerd' character with weak combat stats, nor relying completely on stealth. I did finish the game with a diplomat character though