[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - Sauzis adventures in the Sword Coast on picturesque display!

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sauzis adventures in the Sword Coast on picturesque display!
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:44 pm 

Welcome to the screenshot compendium of my adventures which can be read about in the AAR thread, here i will show thee how i fared in my quests of the Baldurs Gate games in colourful ways, with no further ado, have fun and start clicking!
Ah yes, a warning, some pictures have strange fog of war or green water, due to my TuTu install in the beginning not properly communicating with my graphics card.
As well, is my 'itemlisttoget' version 0.7, it is a handy checklist of all 'useful' items in BG1 and 2 for the parties used below, it as well includes spells and npcs, and some other stuff. You can use the checklist alongside your solo, hardcore, summoning or whatever you like games, i would advise to print it.

Version edits:
7-6-08: added chapter titles for a little extra readability
18-6-08: added session 5 of incarnation 7 and sessions 1-3 of the 8th incarnation.
16-10-08: added incarnations 8-12 and a bit of layout
17-10-08: added the rest of the 8-12 pics and added small read buttons that link to the corresponding posts in the AAR thread, so you can read along with the pictures. Added 'itemlisttoget'
18/10-6/11-08: added pics of 13 and 14 which is by now halfway BG2 and a new itemlisttoget (0.7)
10/11: added more pics of 14, nearing the end of BG2
18/11: added pictures of number 15, who has new rules: no raising, no protection from magic scrolls, and some uber items in bg2
24/1/09: added some pics for no 15.
24/10/09: Hendrika Fifteenth finished BG Tutu without raising!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Baldurs Gate Hardcore (no loading) No Raising Incarnations: |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hendrika the Sixteenth:
Session 1, Candlekeep->Bandit Camp

Session 2: Lighthouse - Cloakwood - Cloakwood Mines - Farmlands - Basilisks - Baldurs Gate pre-candlekeep-cats.

Session 3: Werewolf Isle

Session 4: Mage Isle - Candlekeep Cats - Durlags Tower

Session 5: Durlags Tower

Session 6: Duchal Palace - Thieves Maze - Undercity

Hendrika the Fifteenth:

Chapter 1: Friendly Arm Inn

Chapter 2: Nashkel Mines

Chapter 3: The Bandits

Chapter 4: Cloakwood

Chapter 5: Baldurs Gate

Chapter 6: Return to Candlekeep

chapter 7: the final confrontation

Baldurs Gate 2

Chapter 2: Earning some gold

--------------------------------------------------------------------
| Baldurs Gate 1 Hardcore (no loading) Incarnations: |
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hendrika the Third:

Hendrika the Fourth:

Hendrika the Fifth:

Chapter 2: Nashkel

Hendrika the Sixth:

Hendrika the Seventh:

Chapter 3: Bandit Camp

After which i went to Baldurs Gate quickly, and there got myself imprisoned for a second, defeated Shar Teels dead, and went straight for the Ducal Palace, where i perfectly used up all of the dukes for tanking purposes.

Hendrika the Eighth:

At this point i went back to Nashkel to raise my party, due to Mulaheys symbol being gone, i wasnt allowed to rest by the game,

Montaron was the one having to lure away the left half of the map, while ST did the right half, then they should meet up, ST leading the whole area somewhere safe, while Monty slips in to also lure out the ghasts from the coffin cave, when he leads them away my main can finally come in to pick up the symbol.

However, when going into the now empty tomb it appeared the game did delete mulaheys symbol, due to travelling time i suppose. I allowed myself to shadowkeeper it in, i mean, i rescued the item, and its questspecific, so it shouldt get deleted in the first place. This allowed me also to finally rest up, and raise from the rewards.

*latest additions*

chapter 4: cloakwood mines

chapter 5: Baldur's Gate

Hendrika the Ninth:
no pictures from this Inquisitor, he already died at the FAI Bounty, where i though to pick him off with Imoen, but he cast a magic missile at me..

Hendrika the Tenth

Hendrika the Eleventh

Hendrika the Twelfth

Hendrika the Thirteenth

Chapter 1: Friendly Arm Inn

Hendrika the Fourteenth

follow the story of Hendrika 14 in BG2 further below, under the BG2 hardcore incarnations, i converted the whole party into a multiplayer game with Shadowkeeper, which i then continued single player.

Continued in the next post, below

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:13 pm 

Title:
[Edit]Hmm, sorry Magnus, but it seems the post size has become too long, already my Multiplayer and Other images disappeared, not that they're too important, but i am going to invade your post with more screenshots..]

Damn, that's actually a lot of screenshots. But then again, your thread has been running for one or two pages by now ;)

[Edit] Picturesque Displays Continued:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
| Baldurs Gate 2 Hardcore (non-loading) Incarnations |
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hendrika the First:

Chapter 2: Earn Some Gold

Chapter 3: Attacking the Guilds

Chapter 4: Spellhold

At that moment i decided i could pinch in a Smite Evil before Aerie died, but i managed to forget me being a cleric of Talos.
Kornelis the Second:

Hendrika the Fourteenth:
Chapter 2: Earn Some Gold

Chapter 5: The Underdark

Chapter 6: Return to Athkatla

More Inventory shots:

Chapter 7: Suldannesselar

--------------------------------------------------
| Baldurs Gate 2 Pure Summoner Party |
--------------------------------------------------
I tried finishing BG2 with a party solely consisting of summoners, removing the summoning cap with the d0ttweak pack, note that MERLANCE actually did this too and finished it, about which you can also read in the AAR thread.
The party consisted of four created characters, a cleric, totemic druid, wild mage and sorcerer, plus Edwin for his spell arsenal, and Valygar to use the Moon Dog from the Ranger stronghold. (I allowed buffing my summons)
Chapter 2: Earn some gold

--------------------------------------------
| Baldurs Gate 2 Solo Incarnation |
A while back i played trough BG2 as a solo Jester, it started out as a lowest xp possible char, something i thought up as experiment, a gauntlet which Cam took up and finished marvellously. I wasnt able to do such, and eventually picked it up as a solo char, which advanced into ToB where I, as usual, got bored with the linearity.
I apparently have no screenies from chapter 7, but i did write a bit about it, some snippets from the thread deom that part:
Chapter 2: Earn some gold

Chapter 6: Return to Athkatla

ToB Chapter 8: Yaga Shura

| Baldurs Gate 1 Solo Incarnation |
After i finished BG2 solo i thought to do the same for BG1, and pretty much succeeded in that. I didnt make pictures of every session, but if memory serves me i lasted until escaping the Candlekeep Catacombs after which i entered Durlags Tower and stopped somewhere halfway. iirc It was at the trapdoor where you need to beat the four dwarves, which bugged up in such a way that the door didnt open anymore. (I believe due to gibbing the last one, or maybe he was charmed or disintegrated or something else that fopped it up), I also have no pics of the starting session.

Chapter 3: Bandit Camp

Chapter 5: Baldurs Gate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:47 pm 
Editor

Almost makes me wish that I could reinstall BG2... but it keeps asking for non-existent disks and I really can't see myself enjoying the game again after beating it about a dozen times in a couple years.

Maybe in a few years... if there even is a comp to run it then.

Still, I do like this thread... though I was expecting to see at least selected images, highlights in this thread, not just the links. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:55 am 

Damn, I wish Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 would work on my PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:55 pm 
Editor

BG work on mine. BG2 won't install anymore.

I've got dousi's last image folder up now. Whenever he gets around to linking them all.

And dousi, you really should use the image tags for some"highlights". It would add a much needed visual appeal to this thread. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:55 pm 

Hmmm, i could, but all images are 1024x768 so that would destroy the spacing and heavily increase scrolling. Or can i add size to the images, like 25% of original?

Oh, and btw, if i were you i'd download a pirate version of the game, you bought it didnt you? The fact that you didnt back up your own copy, but someone else's shouldnt be a viable reason to say you're doing illegal things. If your connection speed or knowledge of the black market is insufficient to do so yourself i could help out by providing the files via internet or even by mail.
In that sense, what is it that doesnt work? because if its merely a few reading errors in specific areas you can just replace those files, if the installer cannot communicate with Vista or something, i wouldnt know the reason (Apart from manual uninstall in the registry).
My new system has things working perfectly, under XP that is. Both of my BG disc collections had reading problems which i fixed with replacing the areas from my roommate's copy and a third one. I also decided after going trough that hassle to allow myself to pirateer it. I use Tutu for BG1 though, mostly for getting it in higher resolution and having the series connect better should i ever leave bg1 for the second installment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:07 pm 
Editor

It's no biggie. It's scratched and yes, I suppose I could DL it but like I mentioned before, I've no real desire to replay it. Beat it often enough. It's just every now and then I get a wave of nostalgia. :)

And, iirc, 800x600 works just fine for forum images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 pm 

okay there you go then, i might alter some stuff if it turns out okay, but i'd say for such layout i would require percentages:

as i said, they are 1024x768, which is because of tutu and me wanting a bigger workspace.

[edit] hmmm, a picture highlight of the week might be an idea, though i'd still like them toned down to at least 75% size because of the width of the images as they are[/edit]

[edit2]ow, and i edited in the pack, thanks for uploading, it is under *latest additions*[/]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:18 am 
Editor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:00 pm 

you can easily get a new one up to 4 or something, just take him or her along when you kill some basilisks, ankhegs, mountain bears and stuff. Which lower map are you talking about however? the werewolf isle? or did you just mean BG1, with the expansion installed.
Also, loads of chars have l5 or something as their starting level, iirc Coran and onwards. And im not 100% sure but i also thought there were different starting levels, so if you havent spoken to your target yet he might turn out higher than 1st or 2nd level.
Oh and yes, Tutu allows 1024x768 because it is incoporated into the BG2 engine. (still not officially supported, but i have no troubles), on top of that it alllows you to use the bg2 kits and containers. I'm not sure how it links to 2 yet, have to play it trough to be sure, but my guess is it also allows you to take bg1 npcs into bg2, and shadowkeeper works for bg1 in this way. (though there is also a bg1 keeper)

[edit] wow, too many spelling errors to play the language evolution card there. [/edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:55 pm 

Keeping up my pic of the week until i get a better idea for it or the layout of it,
here's Haz going toe-to-toe with a summon of mine for no particular reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 pm 
Editor

Hey... how are you taking your screen shots?

I tried something for fun earlier (Minsc got chunked) so I just used the Print Screen key and pasted it into MS Paint but... the image was so frickin' small and there was no way to enlarge it or change the size... but I've never had that problem doing a print screen with anything else, ie; a webpage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:02 am 

Hmm, whenever i press printscreen BG saves a .bmp file in the 'Scrnshot' dir in your install folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:20 am 
Editor

Yeah... strange.

I'll look into that. I'm still puzzled why it's such a small size when I paste it into paint. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:04 am 
Patron