Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:57 am 
Editor

but my images are coming out at... just estimating here... 480 x 350

That's, as I said, from just pasting the print screen into ms paint.

Now way to enlarge it, adjust a canvass size etc etc. It's kind of sad. I thought I'd have some fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 pm 

hmm, i indeed run 1024x768 with tutu, and i use the bmps automatically saved, which are that size, i believe they also were 800x600 when i did so using that resolution.
I just tried pasting the print screen into psp and paint, works fine here too, i do still use XP though. I would advise you to get a paint shop or photoshop anyway btw, if paint doesnt allow resizing it clearly sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:07 pm 

Big new update, with everything from the 8th incarnation up to the 12th which is alive right now.
I also added a load of read buttons at the chapter cut-offs, so you can read the original messages along with browsing the screenies.

Don't know how regularly i will keep up with posting them, since apparently i did only two, but here's another picture of the week:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:58 pm 

has the week already passed? yay, it has, well there are more pictures as well, starting with the demise of incarnation twelve,
and as well adventures of number thirteen and fourteen!

pictorial treat for this week:
Here i got in a fight with Drasus and his party, the infamous holders of the Boots of Speed, what you see here is my main
hardcore sorcerer with 12 hp, who has sneaked behind the enemy to cast some fireballs, but is now on the brink of being
confused while worgs are all over the other party members. I lived trough this of course, for a hint, look at the lower right corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:22 pm 

Updated the first post, Hendrika the Fourteenth is now fully uploaded, my first succesful hardcore
journey trought he world of Baldurs Gate 1 is now a fact :D, onto the next game!

this weeks pictorial happiness displays some mexican standoff hold person casting
in the Helm & Cloak inn, fighting the party that holds a grudge for Gorpel Hind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:42 pm 
Editor

Looking at your pics makes me nostalgic but I always HATED being in BG itself. The city was a pain for me remembering who was where and I often jotted notes on post-it pads to keep track. Thank Fish the journals improved in the subsequent games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:53 pm 

Hmm, i remember BG1s big city very kindly, it was a nice change from the open fields, and by then i really felt like digging into it, especially with interjections for quests, or npcs like Edwin placed often. I actually had more trouble with Atkathla, starting out in the big city, where balance is hard to find, and it demands a lot of learning curve in the start.

In this weeks marvellous shot from the screen we see some fire salamanders in the Planar Sphere making very good choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm 

This week advanced my 14th incarnation into the 9 hells, new pictures are up in the original opening post of this thread.

The amazing capture of the screen for this week: As my 14th incarnation was in Spellhold i underestimated the battle with Lonk the Sane, there i lost my three main tanks, with equipment, just before getting teleported into the fight with Irenicus. While there, i had to rely on summons from the Staff of Fire to keep the enemies away. Meanwhile Coran was still killed as well, as i pelted Irenicus with Minute Meteors, pretty much my only hope. In the end he died by ricochet bolting himself as i managed to hold off the other assailants with just Valygar and the elementals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:17 pm 

Last week the 14th incarnation died, in the 9 Hells at the end of Baldurs Gate 2, against the Dragon there, Incarnation 15 was started with new rules, mainly no raising, and no protection against magic scrolls, you can read and view all about that in the AAR thread and the first post of this thread.

This weeks pictorial merriment displays me as a Berserker and my party of Montaron, Xzar and Imoen having loads of trouble killing Tarnesh, the Bounty Hunter near the Friendly Arm Inn, this is the final round of the battle, as Xzar and Tarnesh simultaneously fly backwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:43 am 

This week on display: The Eighth incarnation of Hendrika finally manages a bhaal abilities' horror to stop the onslaught started by Davaeorn and his underlings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:54 am 
Patron

For the record: I like pictures much better than links :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:30 am 

On this glorious capture we see the lovely vampiress Tanova putting up a fight against Hendrika the First. She started off mazing Jaheira, and followed up with a sunfire killing Aerie, Keldorn and the warrior from Valhalla. Minsc of course went into the scene head-first next, and Nalia was running around in fear, somewhere that yellow arrow points. In the end i managed with the unmazed Jaheira, and by later raising Nalia and next again Jaheira, that last time adding some summons to the scene, all of which you can be dazed by in the first post of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 pm 

Another week, another beautiful adventure for you, this week we see the seventh hardcore incarnation killing Mutamin in his rock garden, with the help of one of my favourites, Korax the ghoul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:52 pm 
Patron

I don't know what Korax was inspired by, but he was a fun addition to the game. I still hate the basilisks though :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:13 pm 

Seems i missed a week, no matter, let us continue the colorful displays with my BG1 solo incarnation meeting this fellow called Nimbul who appears to have an unrealistic view of himself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next