Who should I sell?

From the late, great studio that brought us together
Darque

Who should I sell?

Post by Darque » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:05 am

Who should I sell into slavery so I can get PowerWord Kill?!?!? :twisted:

Who do you consider the most useless and therefore most expendable :twisted:

I can't decide :evil:

<edit> Yes, I know the slavery part won't net me PWK... I just need to know who I can most likely live without as Ignus is my sacrificial lamb for the grand finale :D

Mr. Insomniac

Post by Mr. Insomniac » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:55 am

Well IIRC, you have at least two choices, and possibly three. You can sell either Nordom or Morte for sure, and you may also be able to sell Dak'kon.

Darque

Post by Darque » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:40 am

so who do you consider the most.... expendable? :twisted:

Sammael
Location: Citadel of Whispered Screams, The Nine Hells of Baator

Post by Sammael » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:49 am

If you want to be truly evil, sell Dak'kon (since that way he will never be able to repay his debt), and then give Morte, Annah, and Grace to the Pillar of Skulls for some useless answers. Oh, and convince Vhailor that he is dead. And provoke Ignus into fighting you.
NEW! [b]Trivia: The Black Hound featured a scene in which a herd of sheep suddenly turns into high-level druids.[/b]

[url=http://baator.blogspot.com/]My new blog![/url]

Mr. Insomniac

Post by Mr. Insomniac » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:52 am

None! :wink:

If you have played the game before, and know how the story unfolds for at least one of the three, but not all three, then sell the one you know.

If this is the first time you have played, then even though it pains me greatly to say so, I would sell Nordom.

Darque

Post by Darque » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:54 am

I've played it before, but never as evil... so I've never considered this before. I'm having a hard time finding any of them as useless. :?

I mean Nordrom is comic relief :D

Mr. Insomniac

Post by Mr. Insomniac » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:05 am

Yep, Nordom is my favourite character, even though when I did play evil he's the one I sold in slavery.

Well if you're going to keep Nordom, then you have to keep Morte, since some of the comic dialogue is betweeen them, so as Sammael suggests, say goodbye to Dak'kon.

Since you are playing evil though, you may want to consider keeping Ignus until the end of the game, since that is the only way to see his farewell.

Spider

Post by Spider » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:08 am

Nordrom is also a true friend. His encounter with TTO in the Fortress is one of the most touching moments in the game...

But I agree with Sammael. If you're going for evil, Dak'kon is the one to sell. Not only does it prevent him from fulfilling his debt, but the githzerai also place an importance on freedom having been slaves. It also seems somewhat appropriate.

I'd also guess that he is the most expendable since you appear to be a mage yourself.
[b]Josan[/b] on the power of commas:
"I saw a comma slay a fiendish burglyronic embryo of drenella 5 once."

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:15 pm

I say sell Dak'kon. Sure, he is my favorite character, but if you are going to be evil, you should be very very evil.

Darque

Post by Darque » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:31 pm

You can kill Ignus for the spell then raise him!

Muhahahahahaha!

Talk about a whipped pup! :twisted:

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:51 pm

Spider wrote:Nordrom is also a true friend. His encounter with TTO in the Fortress is one of the most touching moments in the game...

But I agree with Sammael. If you're going for evil, Dak'kon is the one to sell. Not only does it prevent him from fulfilling his debt, but the githzerai also place an importance on freedom having been slaves. It also seems somewhat appropriate.

I'd also guess that he is the most expendable since you appear to be a mage yourself.
Sure, in some twisted sense it would be the most logical choice. But then,
Dak'kon is just too awesome to sell into slavery (IMO).

Ultimately, I always sell Nordom.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

ieya

Post by ieya » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:30 am

Spider wrote:Nordrom is also a true friend. His encounter with TTO in the Fortress is one of the most touching moments in the game...
No kidding. I tear up at that point, every time.