Tactics Multiplayer Games/Tournement?

From the late, great studio that brought us together
WraithIX

Tactics Multiplayer Games/Tournement?

Post by WraithIX » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:43 pm

How many people would be interested in FoT Multiplayer games, myabe even a tournement? Depending on interest, it could be anything from a couple of games to even some sort of tournement. In the past, my friends and I have played with 5000 point characters (this amount lets you have a decent level character with almost any weapon except for guass minigun and maybe laser minigun), but I'm open to suggestions. We could play with any number of characters, and I could host the games (my PC is a 2.8 P4 with 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 5900 fx graphics card). Hopefully we can get this organized within a couple of days and start actually playing by Thursday or Friday. Let me know if theres any interest. Just post a reply with thoughts, comments, and, if you do want to play, say so and provide your timezone and times when you could play.
[img]http://img61.exs.cx/img61/5471/kvbJPG.jpg[/img]

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:49 am

I'm not too keen in competition, but is there any way you can co-op multiplay? That would be stellar.

WraithIX

Post by WraithIX » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:18 am

Sorry, but I don't know enough about the editor to make a Player vs computer co-op mission. While we could add a co-op element (having 2 on 2 matches), it would always be PvP to one degree or another.
[img]http://img61.exs.cx/img61/5471/kvbJPG.jpg[/img]

Requiem

Post by Requiem » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:07 pm

It's not meant to be possible as triggers that control the actors don't work in multiplayer. Though it would be interesting to see exactly what works and what doesn't, and design a map accordingly to to have something of a co-op element.
"bacon, eggs (fried or scrambled), sausages, black pudding if you're in the north, grilled or fried tomatoes, maybe kidneys and possibly a slice or two of fried bread." Mmm now that's a breakfast but don't forget the mushrooms and baked beans.