Issue 13 - Artist's Profile - Leisanne Sylvester-Jarvis

For comments on the Winterwind Productions website content
the paperboy
Administrator
Administrator

Issue 13 - Artist's Profile - Leisanne Sylvester-Jarvis

Post by the paperboy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:31 pm

http://www.winterwind-productions.com/i ... isanne.htm

We're very fortunate to have Leisanne Sylvester-Jarvis as our artist this issue. She agreed to help at the last minute.

She works in some interesting mediums and is quite gifted. In fact, there's a fair amount of her work in Joseph's apartment, courtesy of his flatmate.
---

Another fast breaking news story...

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Is it possible to link some larger images of her work? I really like Masked and Heart and Soul.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 am

Unfortunately it isn't. In fact, if you visit her site the images are even smaller and don't enlarge.

And I myself would have liked to see larger pictures of both of those.

Anastacia

Post by Anastacia » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:50 pm

She does work in a great variety of mediums. She also does beautifully sculpted polymere clay flowers, with amazing detail, as well as, felted pictures and flowers, which for some reason are no longer listed on her web site.

Firstborn

Post by Firstborn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Masked is really beautiful and it drew me in. Great work with the cold blue hues and the contrasting warm copper of the mask.

I too would like to have see, if not a bigger image, at least some close-ups of some of the details. Lovely work!
"Love isn't blind, it's retarded!"

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Indeed, larger scans would be welcome, though that counts for many artists we've had over the years. I like 'Masked' a lot as well, would love to read the printed snippets and look at some of the smaller parts.

As well, Bosch-inspired? Welcome to the club ;)

And, welcome Anastacia!, flowers are indeed intricate little pieces of wonder, as long as i dont see too many in a row i can value them quite well, like the one showcased.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:42 pm

I am a simple person. I love the "Tropical Beauty". Not because it has necessarily has less detail or less work went into it than the other two pieces, but there is just something relaxing about sitting and watching it.

Those are the days when you feel weary of the duplicity and secret agendas of the world. Good honest beauty :)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 pm

On the subject of larger images, I agree it'd be nice. I've always agreed. But sometimes you see what I get. I can decrease images but not enlarge them.

My preference is Masked by the way. I could have sworn I posted that but obviously didn't. Not the first time I thought I'd posted something lately.

For colours, it's my preference and colours are important to me. For example, had it been done in yellows, I would appreciate the talent it but not like the piece.

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:48 pm

yellow sucks. black and red or silver better
magnus wants me. he's so gay.