Issue 18 - Duncan Lunan Interview - Part Two

For comments on the Winterwind Productions website content
Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Re: Issue 18 - Duncan Lunan Interview - Part Two

Post by Jan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Apparently that story of the Green Children of Banjos is also credited to an account by John Macklin in 1965. It's a peculiar story, both that and the one of the Green Children of Woolpit, but as a sceptic I am leaning more towards Hypochromic Anemia (green sickness) from malnutrition than a visitor from the sky, partially because they lost their colour from eating other food.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 am

Given the "explanation" listed on a site I just skimmed regarding Banjos, I'd go with Hypochromic Anemia too.

That site also went on to post the alleged transcript of a psychic medium and an "entity" that finally solved the mystery...

At the same time, I've seen people with various deficiencies and suffering malnutrition and I've never seen anyone with a greenish tinge strong enough to make one think they're "little green men".

I'm looking forward to Mr. Lunan's book. Hmm... Michael, maybe I should send you the money so you could get it autographed for me. ;)

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:01 am

I haven't seen anyone who was really green, but I think it's more like a tint, which isn't saying a lot. I guess part of the reason why it's rarely seen could be because the most likely ones have a much darker skin tone already like all those poor starving children from war zones in Africa, who are in constant peril and always seem to need aid.

Regarding their 'alien' language and clothes, well I think it's quite likely that a lot of different european languages would be considered very alien in the 12th century and any fabric not indiginous to that part of the world would probably be regarded as very unusual as well. If the clothes really was alien I think there could be a small probability that it might still exist.

Comment on the site, part 3, last sentence:

If it was true then, it would add more credibility to other sightings being true today as well, not all, but some, and thus I would suggest that the X-Files might be 'ageless' or 'timeless'.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Well, Michael, where ever you posted this week to promote the interview has worked. The "reads" are climbing steadily for both parts of the interview.

Unfortunately the tracking software from our host has never been that reliable as far as referrals but the traffic is coming so good show. :)

I just joined the Unexplained Mysteries boards last night because I noticed a thread about the Greenchildren of Woolpit. There was no mention of Duncan's upcoming book so I corrected that as well as mentioning the interview we ran.

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

i believe in aliens. i also think that weird guy with the hair on ancient aliens is freaking nuts.
magnus wants me. he's so gay.