Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

What will it be for the next 4 years?

Post by Joseph » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Ewen Brown
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work

Post by Ewen Brown » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:31 pm

my bet has been bush for quite some time now but lets just see what happens...
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:52 pm

That has been the sinking feeling I had. An entire country raised on the right to bear arms and blow things up doesn't change it's spots over night.

Thor

Post by Thor » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:20 am

Did my part just got back from voting for Kerry.
[url=http://www.warnerreprise.com/asx/rancid_redhotmoon_56-v.asx]Red Hot Moon[/url]
[url=http://www.epitaph.com/_lib/streamvideo.php?id=799&type=lo]Barroom Hero[/url]
[url=http://www.epitaph.com/_lib/streamvideo.php?id=3984&type=lo]Walk Away[/url]

apoxuponme

Post by apoxuponme » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:44 am

/\/\
Good for you...

I have no cable TV, so right now I am listening to CBC Radio One 93.5fm, reading cnn.com, msnbc and FoxNews. Dosen't look good so far...

"Tough times for the rest of the world."

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:42 pm

well, it appears our forum isn't filled with the average american, where we voted 3-15 for bush, he now even took the popular vote.

ah well, i would've hoped it would've been kerry, not that i think he was an extremely good candidate (i think the democrats can come up with somehting better, but they didnt want to because this election is so much harder to win then the next)

i wish the bush fellow all of luck, lots of intellectual advancement, and i hope he fares a more domestic course, america needs it. I sure hope they won't bring democracy to some more countries in the '4 more years 4 more wars' idea. but ah well, i haven't got anything to say about it, and i suppose we'll live trough another 4 years of him. Heck, it might even be more interesting and controversial with that guy on the throne, we dutch have something more to moan about, along with the murder of our own Theo van Gogh (a somehwat Michael Moore like controversial film maker) by islamitic extremists...
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:08 pm

*does not comment at all, just posting...because I read this...that sounds dumb and "I want attention"-ish...ignore this post*
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Thor

Post by Thor » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:12 pm

apoxuponme wrote:
"Tough times for the rest of the world."
Anyone know how to get a permit to work in Canada?
[url=http://www.warnerreprise.com/asx/rancid_redhotmoon_56-v.asx]Red Hot Moon[/url]
[url=http://www.epitaph.com/_lib/streamvideo.php?id=799&type=lo]Barroom Hero[/url]
[url=http://www.epitaph.com/_lib/streamvideo.php?id=3984&type=lo]Walk Away[/url]

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:08 am

Ehh, no.

But I can tell you how to get one for New Zealand :)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Ewen Brown
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work

Post by Ewen Brown » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:12 pm

if you want to know why americans and what americans thought bush would be a good president

interesting sections-
votes by income
working women
education
ideology
religeon
church attendance
lesbian/homosexual
gun owners
when did you decide to vote
most important issue
most important quality - this one has some funny bits
safety compared to four years ago (are americans that dumb on average, it would appear so)
family's financial situation
were you contacted by x campaign
health care concern
abortion
same sex couples policy
us going in right direction?
size of community
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:38 pm

A very interesting break down.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:10 pm

wtf

quote:
White evangelist/ *Born Again*
yes (0%) Bush (0%) kerry (0%)
no (0%) Bush (0%) Kerry (0%)

right... those who were born again havent reached age 18 yet, or what?

well, i'm glad both the youngest group, and the best educated group voted Kerry, gives america some perspective...

the moral value vote makes me wonder... Bush has better morals?? hmm, i'd like to hear them then...

intelligence being the least important quality... makes me wonder too...

interesting is also the 55-42 value of whether the war in Iraq is the war on terror... also nice to see are the overall pro stance vs abortion (54%) and homosexual marriage/union (60%), at least for those who think these should be possible in certain situations, though Bush wont care for those digits.

nice poll, good break :)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Wanderon

Post by Wanderon » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:54 pm

dousi wrote:wtf

well, i'm glad both the youngest group, and the best educated group voted Kerry, gives america some perspective...
Indeed the only age group that favored Kerry was the "under 30" and only by 9% apparently unchanged from 2000 results so obviously Kerrys "rock the vote" was not all that effective.

Follows Churchills statement about liberals and conservatives that says basically- if you are under 30 and not a liberal you have no heart if you are over 40 and not a conservative you have no brain.... :wink:

I'm not sure I would call those with "post graduate" education the "best educated" altho it certainly does fit with the usually ultra liberal "academic types" and the "professional student" types who sit at universitys and tell all of us "common folk" whats wrong with the way we live and who as a group are probably the most out of touch with mainstream society... :twisted:
the moral value vote makes me wonder... Bush has better morals?? hmm, i'd like to hear them then...
I really believe this concept was more about Bush actually taking a stand on issues based on his "moral compass" while Kerry for the most part took a stand on issues based on todays poll results- I don;t think it was even about WHICH stand Bush took it was just that it was obvious that he had set beliefs and that he upheld them and found them important.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:01 pm

The most interesting thing to me was "Votes by Gun Owners" and the break down of the electoral votes by state.Seems that Kerry won all the states that the world considers as the US. Seriously, most of the world, when they think of the US, think of the New England states and West coast dismiss the states in the middle.

Wanderon

Post by Wanderon » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:18 pm

Indeed thats true and apparently the Democrats thought they could get away with that too and found out how wrong they were...:o
Not all those who wander are lost...