Viconia Romance/ Edwina (BG AARs)

From the late, great studio that brought us together
D. Sauzi

Viconia Romance/ Edwina (BG AARs)

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:51 pm

I dont get the game anymore, this is my third time of finishing the game with Viconia and Edwin, i just passed trough the underdark, and if i'm correct there should be several romance messages in the underdark, and Edwin should become Edwina due to his Nether Scroll quest.

They don't change or havent said a word during my stay, though according to walktroughs it should be around there?

I've had a lot of Romance stuff with Vic during the first Athkatla visit and around there, like Trademeet, i've also done Edwin's Nether Scroll quest, and he has said on several occasions that he was studying it.

Should i just spent more nights in the Udark (i went trough in about 8-10 days) or what should i do?
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:11 pm

First, I moved this to BIS games, where it belongs ;)

Second, do you have any mods or somesuch installed? They might have buggered some things up. Also, I think all such things are put on a hold whilst in the underdark, but I'm not 100% sure. Hell, I'm not even 70% sure.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:20 pm

IIRC all romances are on hold during the Underdark.

I know there are a lot of issues with Jaheira and I have yet to play a game with her where I didn't have to adjust the variables with the CLUA. There may be similar issues with Viccy.

Perhaps you should check the romance guide. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:38 pm

If it's the one from sorcerers.net, then it's very much out of date. I downloaded it some days ago, and it's the same as the one I downloaded some years ago.

Spider

Post by Spider » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:55 pm

Afaik none of the character stories progress while in the underdark. So it should be fine once you get out of there. If you have nough time before finishing the game that is.
[b]Josan[/b] on the power of commas:
"I saw a comma slay a fiendish burglyronic embryo of drenella 5 once."

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:06 pm

well im planning to try the watcher's keep while still in bg2,so i'll have more time.

Are you guys sure the Edwina encounters are outside of the Udark too then?

I'll go trough that guide if you point it out to me, and fix things that might be wrong, do know that i don't have any experience with the CLUA console, i have never needed it.

As for installed MODs, i have a clean Bg2+Tob with patch 26489 or something, the latest one, and the baldurdah fixpack&speech addon, i might also incorporate the extra Bhaal powers from there some time soon.

I did mean to post this in BIS games, apparntly i didnt, sorry.

another thing i wonder is there some way to keep making use of drow equipment, like the FP+5 and Piwawfi Cloak. They turn to dust when hit by sunlight, but sunlight shouldnt hit them in a bag of holding, and then you might equip the stuff again inside houses, tombs or caves further in BG2 or ToB. (it says sunlight, they might mean above ground, but even then, there are more underground areas...)? I'll try this, though i've already burned the Piwawfi :(, but the FP+5 is worth trying, as are all the +3 weapons, for some time.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:11 pm

I got bored of waiting for the Edwina change and kicked him out. Apparently, it takes a while.

As for drow gear... I may be wrong but I thought there was a mod (maybe in the ease of use) that allowed you to keep it.

Pandaman

Post by Pandaman » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:41 pm

All NPC-development, romances and such, is paused in chapter 4 and 5. Don't know about chapter 7.

To keep the drow items, give them to a NPC in your party and then kick that NPC out of the party. Later, when you meet the NPC on the surface, have him/her/it enter the party once again, and all the drow items should be intact and able to be used without them turning to dust. As long as you never take these items to the "Exit from the Underdark" area, you can keep them forever.
POWER TO THE PANDAS!!!

ImOnWagner
Title: Sharthead

Post by ImOnWagner » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:53 pm

whats this about edwina???
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Edwina = Edwin after his failed transformation to a Lich or some such. When you get him in your party, he'll go all excited if you go to the graveyard and insist you go down and fetch a Nether scroll (powerful magic). After a while, he'll start studying the scroll and try out some of the magic... which turns him into a woman 8-)

So Edwina is just a nickname for the female Edwin.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

ImOnWagner
Title: Sharthead

Post by ImOnWagner » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:30 pm

ah is his portrait unique as edwina? any of his stats different?
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:16 pm

ImOnWagner wrote:ah is his portrait unique as edwina? any of his stats different?
His portrait on the right side panel stays the same if I remember correctly, but his avatar that runs around in the game world changes from a male red wizard to a female red wizard. His stats are the same, but his (her) voice is definitely different 8-)

Some of the dialogue that follows the sex change is quite hilarious like when you comment on his (her) "Nice rack!" or when Edwina starts worrying about appearances and good looks.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:57 pm

hmmz Edwin just changed, i travelled to the Watcher's Keep to try it during BG2 and he changed. I was outside for about 2 days (travelling).

What changes is his model and his speech, and he has several conversations with the NPCs around, For instance i had him exchanging insults with Cernd, although Cernd made his insult with layers and layers of metaphors, of course.

As for the drow equipment, apparently in BG2 Bags of Holding are no extradimensional spaces and do receive sunlight. It all turned to dust already, i only have the baldurdash patches, which dont save me from that. Ah well. I don't really like to do stuff like the kicking out of party bug you mentioned Panda, but thanks anyway.

I finally put together my first Crom Faeyr as of now, but i lost my Wave Shaft somewhere, so if i want the halberd i'll have dive into the console thingy. (I believe i put it in a chest in the Thieves Hall 3rd floor, along with the rest of the quest/craft items. ah well.)

I'm having trouble with Kangaxx btw, i can take down his lich form with incredible ease (some death spells, sunrays, mace of disruption, cloak of reflection), But when he turns DemiLich he starts spewing out Imprisonments like crazy. I even tried with Viconia, with her MagRes pumped to 85, but the first gets trough. Any immunity vs Imprisonment items/spells in the game? or should i just get lucky?
I tried some castings of Freedom, but usually the Freeing char gets imprisoned. Of course i might Dialog kill him, or go in and out of the area on every casting, but i want to beat the lich, not cheat it.
I don't suppose putting lots of Summon Cannon Fodder 3 and Animate Cannon Fodder in front of him will work, Imprisonment seems a SQ, not to mention summons dont work wonders against wails of the banshee.

One fun thing to note btw, Haer Dalis' Defensive Stance becomes movable when you give him the ring of free movement...
Ow, i had no new romance dialog anymore. (And btw what i still think as very strange is that Viconia doesn't say a word about her De'Vir family captured in Ust Natha...)

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:10 pm

As for the demi-lich's imprisonment spells, maybe you could try cheesing a little, and send in a horde of summoned monsters?

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:23 pm

Hmm, I just googled and couldn't find the romance guide I used to use and that fixed every problem I ever had. Damn.