Shopping to beat the blues...

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Shopping to beat the blues...

Post by Joseph » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:10 am

I've developed this thing for shopping lately. Sure, I've bought some books and some dvds but I've got a deep secret...

Part of it is work related, yes, but for the most part, I have this strange guilty pleasure... I'm on a clothes shopping kick. Started small enough with some shirts and pants but I just bought myself a jacket I absolutely love the other night and I need more shirts and pants and some sweaters... and... and I need mores shoes. I definately want more shoes. A few pair at least.

Dear Lord Fish, what is happening to me???

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:11 am

Get Fluevogs.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:28 am

Hmm. Some of them look alright even though I've never heard of that brand before.

You know what I really want? I woman for a shopping buddy. Dinner, drinks and shopping. Plus a woman's opinion is always good (clerks don't count, they say anything for a sale). Most men don't like shopping (unless they're gay... not that there's anything wrong with that). Do you know I've actually been called a metrosexual by women before. The first time was last year. Never heard the term before and from what I understand of it, I think it requires of level of vanity I don't posess and this shopping thing only hit me a few weeks ago but.. yeah, I have this overwhelming urge to get a whole new wardrobe. And I'm starting. And I like it.

And it scares me. I even stopped off on the way home tonight at an optical store to inquire about some custom made shades. I don't like my Ray Ban Aviators anymore. They're too wide for my face I think. So, I'm going to get two pair made, my old trademark purple and some green lenses too. Silver frames, more of a matte finish than polished but...

Am I getting out of control already? Where did this sudden shopping kick come from?

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:09 am

Some people do drugs, some do alcohol, some beat up the kids, some do jogging... other again do shopping.

It probably releases some kind of endomorphines (sp?) in your body :)

All hail the new Josan, newest member of the Burgoisie Canadienne. Next thing, you start voting on the rightwing nationalist parties :cool:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Noober

Post by Noober » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:18 pm

I eat chocolate.

It makes me happy.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Josan wrote:Hmm. Some of them look alright even though I've never heard of that brand before.
I have three pairs of Fluevogs and have been wearing them for the past few years. Really great footwear. Super comfortable, durable, and a couple of their lines (like the Angels) have replaceable soles, so if they wear down and the shoes themselves are still fine, they'll put new soles on, which is awesome.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:44 am

Well, I didn't but any shoes tonight but...

A new pair of jeans, a new belt and a knit turtleneck.

I also, for the first time ever in my life, tried on a pair of leather pants. :shock:

The sole reason for that was that I went in to the leather store asking about the cost of having a jacket custom made. The girl was very pleasant, very cute, loaded with compliments and extremely flirtatious with me... and it was an ego boost having her checking me out, telling me to turn around again and again and telling me: "I knew you'd have a great ass when you took your jacket off."

I know she's lying through her teeth. I know what I looked like two years ago and come hell or high water I'll get back to it. But still, nice to hear even though it's one say she'll never get.

I'll never wear leather pants.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:32 am

I had a pair of matte black PVC pants way back in the day. *sigh*

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:36 am

That frightens me more than you can know.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Then my work here is done.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:19 am

I now know for sure why the russians sold Alaska to the US. They wanted to protect themselves from the depravities of the decadent canadians... :look:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:24 am

Who is that directed at? Hmm?

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 am

Josan wrote:Who is that directed at? Hmm?
Canadians ?

One day they were a minority here, the next day they are crawling all over the place :wink:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:45 am

Well, there's me, Phosphor, and Sargy atm

apox, Barren, Kha'tie and mommabear are the only others that have ever been active that I can recall.

So, for the three of us that are sort of active, I'm in a clothes buying phase, Phosphor and his better half bought a house and Sargy bought a hip-hop techno rave thingy with a built in DJ that also doubles as a computer.

That's not decadent.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:50 am

Take a good look at sargys "thing" and say "not decadent" again :lol: