Vino is gone, along with all Astana..

apparently had a blood transfusion just before the time trial

also means kloden is gone for the time trial :twisted:
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:57 pm

And one more down... apparantly Rabobank was fed up with Rasmussens constant lying about his whereabouts during training and constantly trying to evade the doping testers during the time up to the race.

What a shame.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:17 am

this is quite much starting to suck yes, i dont know what that rabo chairman fellow wants with this, maybe he didnt have enough success when he was cycling..

I suppose the rest of the team will quit too after such a crazy action towards the guy and the jersey they all drove for. Somehow i'm now hoping more than three teams will quit (Cofidis is out too), freaking nonsense.

And what a beautiful win today.

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:17 am

Apparently Rasmussen lied a lot and tried to evade dopingchecks. This is very suspicious and I'd have sacked him too. There are rules in a cycling team. If Rasmussen can't abide by them, especially those concerned with doping, then off with him, maillot jaune or not.
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:06 pm

I disagree, unless any evidence is found i think the chairman should appreciate the ten years of his life he threw away at those mountains more than a lie. I really hate situations like these where an employee is sacked because a chairman can't handle a pair of scales.

For me this tour is over, with Rasmussen as winner, until next year.

[on a side note, i think i also think Landis won last year.. I will not believe cyclists use all this stuff out of own accord, the teams must know something, and must not use that at the moment where the news is worth the most gold pieces. Same goes for this Italian ex-cyclists who no doubt was full of medicin when he drove, apparently saw him driving around there and comes with it the day Rasmussen wins the tour. If you want this sport clean thats fine with me, but this is some strange form of commercial cleaning, in which only the ones with success are victims.]

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:47 am

Rasmussen is earning a lot of money. Part of his job is to make those dopingchecks. Not appearing means neglect of duty ergo chance of losing his job. If I fail in my duties I get sacked as well with no one to cry over it. No, in my opinion, the team leader is right.

As for the second part of your post regarding how the teammanagers must know about the doping and how this cleaning is performed, I agree. It is a circus.
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:34 am

Ruathavril wrote:Rasmussen is earning a lot of money. Part of his job is to make those dopingchecks. Not appearing means neglect of duty ergo chance of losing his job. If I fail in my duties I get sacked as well with no one to cry over it. No, in my opinion, the team leader is right.
Yes and no. Rasmussen is not fit to work in professional cycling. However, he should have been pulled off the team before the first stage of the tour (he was already facing a lot of trouble back home back in Denmark, being in trouble with the national team before the Tour). If nothing else, out of respect for his colleagues who could have put some of all their hard work to better use and Rabobank could have saved themselves a lot of bad PR.

So yes, the team leader was right to ditch him and no, the team leader was wrong to do it so late in the race.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:15 pm

It's kinda interesting that the words of some people are the truth while the words of other people are not. Has there been a trial? Is there any reason to trust the 'some' people more than the 'other'? Did the 'some' people make their claims under oath? And why is that interesting, the man hasn't been caught for doping. Something about innocent until proven guilty and there has been no such proof and what is he guilty of? Protecting his privacy!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:15 am

Janmanden wrote:It's kinda interesting that the words of some people are the truth while the words of other people are not. Has there been a trial? Is there any reason to trust the 'some' people more than the 'other'? Did the 'some' people make their claims under oath? And why is that interesting, the man hasn't been caught for doping. Something about innocent until proven guilty and there has been no such proof and what is he guilty of? Protecting his privacy!
In the case of Rasmussen, I think it is a fairly well established fact that he evaded doping testers during the training leading up to the race. Once could be a mistake, several times is deliberately violating the rules. You violate the rules, you are a cheater and you are out.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:22 pm

The why's as to his behaviour are unknown, but the man hasn't been caught in an act of doping in the tour.

Speculations on the reasons for evading test could be doping, crack, smack, weed or anything that goes, walks or talks. And for some reason they are all allowed to roam freely. Like a witch hunt.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:27 pm

As always the Tour gets an epilogue worth looking at :

- Kaschechkin, Kazakh Astana rider, who was 7th at the time Astana pulled back has been found out for illegal blood-transfusion too.

- De Rooy, Rabobank chairman, has pulled back too. Quite logical because he's wrong either way. Either Rasmussen shouldn't have been pulled out because he didnt do anything illegal, or De Rooy should have found out his coureur was on the other end of the world for more than a week.
Also a research committee has taken up the mystery of Rasmussens whereabouts prior to the race.

-Discovery, the team of second placed (;)) Contador, has today said it will stop sponsoring, and the team has been declared defunct.
Also, because noone can win the tour, lots of peoples are trying to link Contador to Fuentes, the 'evil docter'. As they say, Contador was under his supervision too, but got no sentence because he acted as a chief witness in the case. Plus all Spanish riders under his reign were spoken free..

Noober

Post by Noober » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 pm

On the doping-check issue. Rio Ferdinand of Man Utd, once neglected a doping-test. He was currently working on his house. If memory serves, a lot of people could testify that.

Nevertheless, he missed a scheduled doping test. His punishment: An eight month ban from January 2004 at club and international level and a £50,000 fine.

I think it's OK to punish people who discredit the game. Wheter it is cycling, football or cricket. Follow the rules and nobody gets hurt.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:59 am

Some day they'll have that little tri-corder gadget that they point at people and get a complete medical analysis...