The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Actual Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Darzen suggests "Perhaps that was a symbol for cease and desist communications? I think you should refrain from sending anything else for the time being."

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Erisael looks at Darzen. "Peeking over my shoulder are you mage? But an interesting theory. I've no clue what that symbol means. Do you recognise it from your arcane studies?"

Erisael shows the symbol to Darzen so he can have a better look.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 pm

Looking over the symbol together, Darzen and Erisael dont have the idea the cross is some special symbol. It seems more like what Darzen says, that something is wrong, but he did have the time to cease his communications, if the cross is indeed written by Anatoly. Nothing more follows in the next minutes.

Discussing the appearance of the cross the party saddle up to take their leave, as Darzen hands out light giving stones on strings to everyone, and hangs one around the neck of his mule.
Old Babatunde is very happy with this personal token he can remember the hommlets saviors by. He says he will find a good place for it in the church when he has built it up to what it once was, and will put it to good use working in the dark. He waves to the party as they start their trek back towards Madira.

With the seven of them (Erisael, Bactar, Darzen, Hadija, Ruald, Trake, Mabon and Hadija) the group moves out with their four horses and two mules. Since they will move trough the dense jungle, and mules are slower than humanoids anyway, the journey to Madira will take a full week again.

The first three days of travel pass without danger, the party only meets several wild animals, and makes quick work of them, ensuring food for the road. On the fourth day something interesting does happen, as Erisael checks the communications book customarily. On the last page of the book an invitation of sorts has been calligraphred. In graceful twirling letters it reads:
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Erisael shakes her head and laughs, showing Darzen then telling the others.

"And how inclined are any of you to believe this?"

Writing back, she replies...
  • Dear Stranger,

Does your name start with a G, Q or Z? It's hard to tell when people write in pompous script. I've never heard of you before. Who are you? Who is Anatoly? Why isn't he or she sending the invite? Why are you? Is it a good party? Will there be wenches and wine?

I bought this book from some travelers. My name is Kief the Thief. OK, I lied. I didn't buy the book. I won it in a game of chance. OK, I lied again. Bad me. I stole it as my men and me slit the throats of your friends as they slept.

Hope they weren't close to you.
That done, Erisael suggests they enter the city of Madira very cautiously as there may be enemies watching for them and, once in the city, they seek out Maryana, update her and ask if she has heard from or about Anatoly recently and if she knows the person sending the invite.

Erisael's plan is for Trake and Ruald to enter the city as a pair, and make for the tent city they stayed in before, staying there.

As they do, Erisael and Darzen will enter the city with Mabon, Hadija and Bactar. With just the two of them and three new members of the party, she hopes that will throw off, at least at first, any eyes that are watching them.

To achieve this, the party will stop a outside the city, Trake and Ruald entering a half day behind the rest. They will go immediately to the tent city while the others go to Edrissi, where Bactar can collect his legacy and the party can identify the remaining magic items.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Bactar wrinlkes his nose Who given you that book? Is thar crossery a sign that the owner hav'dien? Bah! Toss thar'bo'away! Evil'possess!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Erisael arches an eyebrow at the dwarf.

"It's not evil in the least. It's how we keep in contact with our contact you sweet, silly dwarf. The only evil may be that our contact met an ill end and this new person is setting a trap."

In regards to Erisael's plan of how to enter the city, Mabon agrees with it, saying that it may indeed confuse any eyes that watch for them.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:21 pm

The dwarf mutters and nods to then speak Aye thank'ye for call'me sweet but aye! Sou'like a trap. Obviously! And I bet yer contrac'man is deaders! Lets whack th'basturds! And ye know! I can enter! Them do nay know of me yar?

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Erisael replies, "They won't know you, Mabon, or Hadija. At least not by sight. we did tell our contact we met the three of you in the village. But we never specified your descriptions."

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Bactar scratches his chin

See's...Hmm should we wal'alone then mahap?

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:45 pm

"No," says Erisael. "The plan is the plan. Trake and Ruald enter together, a half day behind us. The three of you accompanying Darzen and I will be fine as well. As I said, I did not describe you in any detail."

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:19 pm

The remainder of the journey back to Madira passes without more events, no reply appears in the book to Erisael's entry during the other three days.

Before the city walls the party gathers and discusses how to enter the city without attracting too much attention, and the party quickly agrees on Erisaels approach, the party with the three new faces will enter the city first. Ruald and Trake will enter half a day later, with the animals and ensure a good spot at the Merkato camping place.
At that time also Mabon and Hadija ask of the party what their intention is with them, back home they could take up their old hireling careers in service of Maryana and other messengers from Zalfun, but they are also willing to stay with you. They are of course intent on meeting with Maryana as well.
Trake and Ruald ask the same question, do the three or five of you still have need of them, and do you think they're worth the mouths they are to be fed, as they only make up the camps? Both of them think they could find a position within the city for the time being. They say they could work in medical herb research or trade guarding, ready should the time come you have more need of them. Of course, only if you feel about them that way.

Entering the city, the caution seems to be out of place a little on first sight, the guards handle you normally, and along the streets noone looks at you in a remarkable way. You make your way to Edrissi's without any problems, and entering the store he takes a moment to recognize Erisael and Darzen, but greets you quickly. Ah, it's the two of you, couldnt stand the lure of red and gold Madira?, Here to trade me one of those lovely gems again? I see you found new company, so you probably found more as well, i should have the cash in stock this time!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 pm

"Greetings Edrissi," says Erisael with a smile. "We have some business to conduct, yes. Some items to identify, possibly some items to buy and some gems to sell."

At this point, she introduces Bactar. "Our friend here also has a legacy to claim from you."

The party proceeds to have everything unidentified identified before they begin any shopping.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:09 am

With a smile on his face Edrissi gulps down the wine needed to cast the identify spells on the items, advocating its sale if you have Identify plans for yourself in the future, it is a fine Bodegas Troccopetto version of the normal owl feathered identify wine, and tastes delightfully according to him, just 120 a goblet.

Lightly tipsy after six shots he tells you about all the items as he touches them and sometimes advertisng them as if they were almost his own.
- Flaming Halberd +1
- Reptiloid Bane Longbow +1
- Dagger +1, he recognizes the coating as Malyss Root Paste, that does 1 dex damage, and 2d4 secondary dex damage.
- Helmet of Light, 1/day Consecrate and 1/day Daylight
- Bracers of Armor +2
- Quarterstaff +1

He also has a look at your scrolls and potions that are still unknown, casting some read magic and using his eyes and taste he recognizes them as
- Potion of Sanctuary
- Scroll of Vampiric Touch
- Scroll of Dimension Door
- Scroll of Produce Flame

Together this costs you 700 gp.

He also happily shows Bactar a sack with 3000 gold pieces, after he accepts his legacy coupon, and smilingly walked over to a small cabinet with lockers, keyring jingling.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:30 am

Erisael hands over 3 amethysts worth 200 gp each and 1 aquamarine worth 100 gp to cover the 700 gp fee for identifying.

She then sells the chain shirt, her old, normal dagger and the mw sickle.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 am

Edrissi mumbles something about pocket change as he puts away the chain shirt, mw sickle and dagger for you, handing you 20 platinum pieces for them.