Random news Roundup

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Gorth » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 am

Jan wrote:Maybe they only got two parties, but I am sure there are lots of factions within each of them.
This.

Like any sizeable country with few parties, it works like a stock market. Companies buy shares in parliament and buys the number of politicians needed to execute the corporate politics.

One of the reasons I was a fierce of the entire "European Union" thing, as it would remove decision making further and further from people. Politicians may be incompetent jerks, but at least they were *our* incompetent jerks :mrgreen:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

Steve Jobs is dead and all hail the man that ran a very tight, monopolistic and greedy operation while bringing cheap technology in even cheaper plastic wrapped up in intuitive designs at extremely high and luxurious prices to the few masses, that could afford it.

Too bad he died, because even though he was constantly trying to stiffle the competition with patent troll suits he still drove the market towards a more userfriendly user environment. Not a word about everything he did being done before, no it was obviously the design that made everything his. Thus he invented everything in the world.. because his design were so superior that they overwrote the history of anything that came before.

Steve Jobs: iR.I.P.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

An absolutely disgusting display in China and it's not from the government.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 ... -girl.html

A two year old girl was run over by a van. The driver didn't stop. Then she was run over by a second van. Again the driver didn't stop and the witnesses didn't care, didn't take any action at all. Absolutely sickening.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 pm

WTF China.....In capitalist-communist China time is more important then children I guess...sick.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 am

Lord sadness wrote:WTF China.....In capitalist-communist China time is more important then children I guess...sick.
In capitalist-communist China girl children are worthless and gets drowned, killed discreetly after birth, buried in remote fields, boy children gets pampered, spoiled and raised as single children. It's a result of the one child pair parent couple policy.

In capitalist-communist China you are better off not interfering, as they are just as happy to execute people there as in USA and Iran. Here you are guilty by association or just proximity to a crime unless proven otherwise. Not worth taking the chance. It's a result of thousands of years of totalitarian/feudal regime followed by totalitarian/communist and now totalitarian/corporate regimes.

In capitalist-communist China life is "cheap" as there are more than a billion people. I wonder if they wouldn't have stopped to save a blu-ray player or a plasma tv if it had fallen off a truck. It's a result of a population explosion that they are working very hard, at great human cost to get under control.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Thats sad.

And we should execute more people in Europe. Return it to shot the worst candidates of crimnals...Now it is more like "They have problems and its sad and such"

Im getting tired of all of the freaking demonstrations and protests. Fucking vote diffrently and why do we only get to see mohawked tattooed monkeys in pictures?

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Hmm, just read this months NGC magazine, apparently china is also the worlds biggest producer of green energy, people always tend to see what they want to see.
(i'd also like to nuance the child policy thing.. You only get no extra childs allowance for second and on children, that's all. Doesnt seem such an odd idea if you ask me, considering the problems that exist. I suggest pointing more fingers at the chances of women and the age old idea of the family father and all that nonsense that still exists (here too))

Oh and little lordy, be happy your libian friends just carried out one of those executions, though he too could have been a source of green energy for a few more years. (I'm almost inclined to say 'why dont you start with yourself then?' but i'll keep it at my wish that life-sentence criminals carry those out on a bike, creating some much needed energy.)

(Here i go again with the idealism, naivity and lefty talk, but why dont we just try, instead of doing things off as unrealistic and carrying on with your plastic stuff ;) /rant)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 pm

WTF are you on about and Libian? Khadaffi?

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 am

Lord sadness wrote:WTF are you on about and Libian? Khadaffi?
I blame mushrooms :mrgreen:

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:53 am

And Khadaffi been brutally murdered! The circle continues as the barbarians move on to spread chaos upon Libya until a new "hero" steps forward to unite the nation once more and become the new Dark Lord of Libya...(reference to Ravenloft setting)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:49 am

Do you realise that saying "brutally murdered" makes it sound like you sympathised with the dictator?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Morely a proof that the people is not much better or disciplined then the nut job Khadaffi.

Although, Tunisia seem rather civilized compared to Libya where they in pure French speak how happy they are for having elections today. Multi languaged and probably lot of them with high educations.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Lord sadness wrote:Morely a proof that the people is not much better or disciplined then the nut job Khadaffi.
Maybe there is some kind of poetic justice in him being tried and sentenced by the legal system he built himself?

I.e. no trial, no legal defence, no jury, just a quick execution of opposition leaders.

The rebels aren't exactly disciplined regular army units either, most having a day job that they have started drifting back to. Clerks, teachers, farmers etc. who all picked up a gun and went out to voice their anger at a leader that has ruled the country with an iron grip since before most of them were born. It took a while to make them point their guns the same way and Nato instructors have been busy on the ground (not just in the air) trying to teach them some very basic military stuff, like remove saftety, point gun at other guy, pull trigger etc. Oh, and try avoid hitting those on your own side now that you are at it.

No way would you be able to restrain such "forces" when they finally got the object of their hate in their hands. From a pragmatic point of view, it was probably for the best too, as you remove the rallying point for pro-Ghadaffi forces.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:39 am

Germany finds extra 55bn euros after accounting error

"Germany has found itself 55bn euros ($78bn; £48bn) richer after discovering an accounting error at Hypo Real Estate (HRE), the troubled bank it nationalised in 2009."

I once thought it was awesome when I discovered $8000 on an overseas bank account, that I hadn't checked in a while. Sort of pales compared to finding 55bn Euros :look:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Gorth wrote: It took a while to make them point their guns the same way and Nato instructors have been busy on the ground (not just in the air) trying to teach them some very basic military stuff, like remove saftety, point gun at other guy, pull trigger etc. Oh, and try avoid hitting those on your own side now that you are at it..
Kind of sounds like you're paraphrasing the PC's dialogue when training the Misfits squad at Camp Golf. ;)