MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Play Thread

Post by Gorth » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 am

With Zombies 2 and 8 down for good (I hope), Gorth decides that the commoners running upstairs should be able to spot any further intruders and starts sneaking (well, trying to anyway) after the cloaked figure into the basement.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:22 am

Ara walks over to Commoner x5 to check on him/her. If Commoner x5 is stable he will heal x6

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 am

Josef, disgusted at the fact that the inn's patrons cared only to save themselves instead of helping the common cause, and that Kurt, despite being directly addressed, ignored him completely, casts one last look around the main floor, shrugs his shoulders and walks upstairs to survey the streets from a window with a higher vantage point and to see how Klara is faring.

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:31 pm

(Now that we arent in combat anymore, its more free form, as in you arent limited to posting a round of actions at a time)

Josef, angrily walks through the inn, taking a moment to look at one of the downed zombies as he passes by on the way upstairs. There are a few commoners there, shell shocked, on the second floor, and a hallway with doors on each side, some opened, some closed. He doesnt see any windows, as they are only in the rooms. He doesn't see Klara there, so he asks one of the men "The barmaid, where is she?" The man points to a door at the far end of the hall, and goes back to hanging his head. Josef walks to the door, and opens it, figuring he would find both a window and the girl. Inside is Klara, sitting on a bed, sobbing and doing here best to clean her wound with a piece of cloth and some water. "My brother, I... he..." and trails off, back to her crying. There is also a small window on the far wall. Josef looks out the window and, though it is dark, sees about 20 zombies in the lamplight; most are milling about, two are pounding on the front door of the inn, and three others are feeding on a dead city guard gooey innards. (Spot 15+0) Its too dark too see much else beyond the area in the immediate front of the inn. He can also hear screaming in the distance (listen 10)

Ara checks x5. He is also badly injured and bleeding to death. Ara bandages his wounds (heal 19+5), then moves back to x6 and does the same (17+5).

Gorth tries to sneak down the basement stairs (hide 5+8, MS 7+8). But despite his best efforts, the cloaked figure, the dwarf, and his two helpers all see him. The dwarf, while moving things in front of the back door, says"Lad, check the basement fer more of the dead, the fool girl may have let more in than we saw" At the top of the stairs, Gorth sees the cloaked figure (who also sees him despite his attempts at concealment). He/she motions at him to follow, as there seems to be no apparent zombies on the stairs down. Gorth sees a closed door at the bottom of the stairs.

Konrad, for the moment focuses on barricading the door with the two commoners.

Kurt tells Mohawk "please, help me get my father upstairs." Ara and Konrad see them go up the stairs and out of sight.

Trudy moves around the room, inspecting the zombies.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:13 pm

If (or once) the doors are properly barricaded, Konrad tries to get the attention of the non-commoners in the inn, ie PCs and all those NPCs who were active in the preceding combat. "LWith the doors blocked we are safe, but only for the moment. As it is, those barricades keep us locked in, just as much as they keep those things locked out. We can't hold out forever in here, so we're going to need a plan of some sorts."
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:51 pm

So much for trying to be unobserved...

In Konrads direction: "We toss all the peasants out one window and run as fast as we can in the other direction?"

Gorth follows the cloaked the figure, not at all feeling comfortable about the cloaked figures motives, expecting, ambush or treachery any moment.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 am

Ara gives out a big sigh, he looks to bring the wounded and almost dead to the top floor, to be able to bring them out of harms hands if the zombies would break through the barricade, he also scans the area for any weak spots where they can break inside, walking around the buildings and noticing how the layout looks, beside that he tries to check on those wounded, so that they do not die and turn undead aswell, making a mess behind "lines"

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 am

Knowing words do little in such circumstances, Josef places a consoling hand on Klara's shoulder. "I am sorry for your loss. Your wounds... my skills at healing are rather basic. There is a priest downstairs and the situation is, for now, contained. Stay here and rest. The priest will no doubt be up soon to see to you and the others."

Josef returns to the first floor. Addressing the the survivors as a whole, he says "It is dark, and the lamps provide little light but from what I can see from the window, the streets are overrun. I counted at least 20 of these things and no sign of any living. The only sign of the city guard is one being... eaten. No doubt there are pockets of survivors like ourselves, scattered around the city and barricaded inside. Our best bet, for now at least, is to secure the doors as best we can and stay here. I doubt any would last long outside." Turning to Ara, he says "There are wounded upstairs that may need what aid you can give."

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:25 am

Ara begins carrying the injured commoners up the stairs, and one of the commoners who are stil downstairs downstairs helps him, it. It will only take about a minute per trip. As he reaches the top of the stairs, he sees Kurt come out of a room. Kurt, seeing Ara carrying the unconcious person, says to Ara "Lets get all of the injured together in here, so we can more efficiently look after them... and make sure they don't rise."

Konrad says his line to those few commoners who are still in the room. Gorth hears him from the kitchen, and before heading down to the basement replies to him. The only others in the room are a couple Commoners and Trudy, who says "Lets make sure these are dead first, then work on a plan"

Gorth goes down the stairs after the cloaked figure, and... (This would be the part where I would take him out of the room).

Josef says his piece to the room about barricading in the inn, Dietrich responds from the kitchen "Aye lad, stout dwarven walls will hold for the night at least"

Kurt and Mohawk remain upstairs with Smith.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 pm

"It's not the walls I'm concerned about. It the doors and, as I said, the fact that the streets are overrun with these fiends and there's no living soul in sight," Josef replies.

Josef marvels at the lack of comprehension exhibited by these people. He muses to himself that they're ill-mannered, self-absorbed and rather on the slow side compared to the people he's used to in his home town or the merchants he's dealt with previously

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:37 am

Ara continues to help the farmers, making sure there is no other zombie breaking inside for now aswell. Giving a light prayer to Helm to protect those innocent from being hurt and slayed.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Dietrich replies to Josef "Sorry lad, but I'm a just a bit off after this whole debacle, I haven't seen anything like this nigh on a hundred years and wasn't expecting to see it in my home this night."

The bartender continues barricading the back door with the aid of William and Henry, moving some kitchen shelves and tables in front of the door. They take about fifteen minutes to get it to a point where he considers it safe enough and stops. After which, they move to the front of the Inn and do there best to barricade part of the wall, "Lads, could you give us a hand with these large tables? There used to be windows here, but they kept getting broken so we just bricked em up. They should hold, but other than the doors they are the weakest parts of the wall."

As he left the kitchen, however, an attractive dark haired girl walks out with him and upon surveying the carnage, screams and collapses.

Anyone that looks closely at the spots he mentioned, where two large windows would have gone about equally space between the doors and the side walls, notices that it doesnt quite line up perfectly.

A minute or so later, Gorth and the cloaked figure walk out of the kitchen and back into the main room.

Ara tends to the wounds of the... wounded, and praying to Helm, manages to get everyone to the room upstairs. Any commoners that I might have forgotten about, hiding behind or under anything, go upstairs at this time.

Konrad patiently waits for Gorth to return.

The Armored Figure continued to stand at the spot where he stood when the battle ended, but when the Cloaked Figure entereed the room it moved to their side. Trudy at some point went upstairs, no one seemed to notice though.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Josef lends a hand with moving the larger tables, glad that things finally seem to be more focused.

"What's downstairs, Dietrich? Any tunnels or entrances we should be concerned about? And what are the customs around here regarding the dead? Burial? Cremation? The site of bodies, especially friends and family will be unsettling for all. We need to remove them yet do so in a respectful manner. I doubt tossing them in an oven or out the window would be well received."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 am

To the cloaked figure, nodding in direction of the collapsed girl: "Life can be a harsh teacher."

Then he moves over to Konrad (taps a bulge in a pocket): "Didn't manage to get a proper refund for your silver, so I got the second best thing. Anything interesting happening while I was gone?

Looks around, lapsing back into silence, pondering how now to get out of this trap. Konrad doesn't strike him as the type to climb ropes and run across rooftops.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Discretely to Gorth: "No, just the more proactive lot fretting about dead commoners. How about you, learn anything useful while you were away? Perhaps the location of the innkeeper's strongbox?"
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!