[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm 
Contributor

Title:
http://www.baldursgate.com

So, it's been bumped from this week to November? Oh well. More time to enjoy Torchlight II. I am looking forward to BG's release, though.

Post subject: Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:40 am 
Editor

Hmm... almost makes me wish I'd kept gaming on PC. but I'm strictly PS3 now. I doubt it would work well on my laptop.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 am 

Title:
Requires like 1ghz and256 ram or something. I pre ordered it , disappointed its delayed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 am 
Editor

Hmm. Well, I've got those more than beat. Guess my mind was just stuck in the past with laptop performance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm 
Contributor

Title:
I preordered it. I'm excited to play it. Never gave the original much time. I was all BGII.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 am 

Title:
It is almost here, yo. Like... a day away. Got it preloaded and ready to play. Of course, theres a few files they havent released for it yet. baldur.exe, baldur.ini, chitin.key, dialogue.tlk, etc. They dont want people snooping before it comes out. I know, I tried. Gleaned a little bit here and there from the files they did give, but limited for lack of those files.

I hope to see how it measures up in MP.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:31 am 
Contributor

Title:
Thus far, I'm quite impressed. It feels like BG. Looks polished. It's exactly what I expected to get for my $20 ... and it's worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm 

Title:
It seems quite buggy to me. I keep noticing missing and misplaced stringrefs over and over. For example, when I asked Dorn (New NPC Blackguard(Anti Paladin)) about what happened before he joined my party, I got the answer "Shipwreck". If you play the game, you will find that Dorn both is more eloquent than one word replies to complicated questions, as well as there is nothing remotely nautical in his history. Therefore... obviously bad dialogue string.

Rasaad, another new NPC... repeats the same dialogue over and over and over. Neera, the other NPC... I had to use the console just to recruit her.

Some items didnt have any description at all.

And it crashes at a fairly low rate. More than BG2 or BG would, but still within an acceptable ratio to hours played.

That being said... It is missing some polish, but a few more patches and I think it will get there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm 

Title:
Black Pits is a piece of shit I say, shitty voice acting and those new cutscenes? Why the freaking drawn bullshit? This is not Dragon Age.

That damn drow "COME ON! COME ON!" in the start cutscene, hurgh. He is just a generic shit villian and its just arena fights of boring madness. Stuck in one fight to against a fire giant who kicks my ass even with fire res potions.

Also, the lack of enchanted weapons? How t he fudge do I kill em?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm 

Title:
The merchants restock and you can get enchanted weapons. You should have a party full of +2 weapons by that fight.

Due to a bug I just had my jester bard song invisibly. My unconcious party members would stand up confused for a round, maybe attack the giant, then die again.

Black pits wasnt that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 pm 

Title:
I got + 2 weapons but they just scream "MY WEAPON DO NOTHING!" at the giant. :S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 pm 

Title:
Use the Enchanted Weapon spell? If you have a wizard, cast it. If you have a sorceror, cast it from scroll, should be three or four of them for sale. If you need more money, redo a lower battle. Unfriendly Neighborhood Spider Man is an easy one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am 
Patron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 am 

Title:
So I got to the end of it, Killed sarevok, got the new cutscene (and this one wasnt just lackluster, it was terribad), game over... and it goes to the ToB end screen, with ToB concept art and making of images and stuff. Thats pound your head on the desk kind of bad.

And honestly, a week and two patches later, most of the bugs I noticed are gone. Journal and NPCs are still kind of buggy, and theres still no shortage of missing stringrefs, but its not as bad.

I never used Tutu. Always used Trilogy, from the mk2 to mk3 all the way up to the modern Weidum versions.

Anyways, my Undead Hunter Paladin is ready to import in 2013 or whenever BG2EE is released. 19 19 19 12 16 19 are his stats after using Tomes and whatnot. Then everything goes up by 1 more with the machine of Lum the Mad for 20 20 20 13 17 20. Then I have to give up a point in the spellhold dream, wisdom I guess, then a point of dex in the selfishness trial, then gain 2 wis and cha from the tears of bhaal for 20 19 20 13 18 22. Then I think the deck of many things gives a point if you pick the right card but I cant remember, so 21 str maybe...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:35 pm 

Title:
The swords seemingly just run out of juice before I an even do much damage and the fire elementals combined with the giants just wrecks 20-30 HP per hit. I dont even understand how this is possible without extreme amount of buffs and crap.

I say Black Pits is a shitty try to bring ADD kids who just like action to play Baldurs Gate. Just like Bioware did with Dragon Age 2 but on a much larger scale.
CoD kids dont give a damn about your story or mechanics, so stop catering to these idiots.

I suck at builds on the other hand and should give it another go, but its mostly since battles in most games bore me. To smithereen.