Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Winterwind and the New Direction
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:06 pm 

Title: Oh my giant of Lannister
I've just finished talking to Josan a little while ago, and we'e decided that this is as good an opportunity as any to announce the new direction that we're taking Winterwind Productions in.

Beginning from next month forward, Winterwind Productions will focus primarily on console gaming, specifically RPGs for the XBox 360 and the upcoming PS3. We'll be doing interviews, reviews, and if we're lucky, we'll probably be doing some previews as well. Because of this we'll be needing new "staff" to write new articles and reviews. If anyone is interested, please pm or email either me or Josan with a 500 word example review, and 200 words on why you think you should be hired.

Also, as part of the restructuring of Winterwind Productions, the Black Isle forum will be locked, and ultimately deleted, in three weeks. So if there are any questions you need answering, or some threads you want to download, this is the time to do it in.

-CatBoris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:18 pm 

i suggest moving most or the whole lot in the Black Isle forum to the General Gaming forum, i think there's enough threads there that will see continuation, like the different game recaps from players. I'm also for keeping the link threads with the updates and walktroughs and such somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:23 pm 

Thing is, that forum is mostly just a waste of space and bandwidth. All the walkthroughs are available at gamefaqs.com, and the game recaps aren't exactly a critical part of the community. Personally, I think the forum should be deleted right away, just so we get the pain over with straight away - no need to let it languish like Interplay did. Yes, we lose a lot of good memories, but ultimately we'll have a much cleaner community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:23 pm 

Title: The 6th Non-Sense
I think that that's a really bad move. "From the late, great studio that brought us together" and now it will break us apart... or maybe just me. I have ZERO interest in Console gaming. I am actually a bit shocked that Josan supports this action.

I fully support Sauzi's suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:29 pm 

Yeah, I know this is very abrupt, but the thing is, we need more traffic if Winterwind is to survive - the servers aren't free y'know. And as it is, consoles are just more popular than the PC as a gaming platform.

But even though BIS gets the axe, we'll still be able to discuss PC games in General Gaming - it's just that Gaming News and Winterwind itself will officially be devoted to the next-gen consoles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:58 pm 

I know many of you might have troubles accepting the upcoming changes, but we've written a press release of sorts, that might help you come to terms with all this. I hope you'll accept it for what it is:

http://www.winterwind-productions.com/gaming/press_release

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:03 am 

:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:29 pm 
Editor

I'm not big on April Fool's jokes. Never have been but I find it rather funny that you lads gave this any credibility.

I'd like to think both Jan and D. were playing along...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:59 pm 

D. Sauzi wrote:
:oops:

*Applauds*

Showing that you care is nothing to be embarrased about. Which is the bigger fool, the fool or the fool that follows him? We both stood our grounds. And that other saying, "it takes a fool to know a fool" and neither of us knew that fool, but Josan did... I guess the saying is true then. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 pm 
Editor

On the subject of merging the BIS and GG forums, we're rather torn. On a practical level, we know it's the most "logical" thing to do. BIS has been dead and gone for over two years. I think we may be one of the only forums left that actually has a "Black Isle" forum (not counting the various IE modding communites).

On the nostalgic level, we all want to keep it.

Memories... misty water coloured memories... of the way we were...

We're also thinking of merging the Greetings and Birthdays forum with Open Discussion.

*shrugs*

And on the subject of fools... of course I knew CB would fool you Jan. You're a Dane. He's a Faroes Islander. CB > Jan. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:58 pm 

Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work
something about reading an april fools day thing on another day just seems to not work

Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:26 pm 

Josan wrote:
On the subject of merging the BIS and GG forums, we're rather torn. On a practical level, we know it's the most "logical" thing to do. BIS has been dead and gone for over two years. I think we may be one of the only forums left that actually has a "Black Isle" forum (not counting the various IE modding communites).

On the nostalgic level, we all want to keep it.

Memories... misty water coloured memories... of the way we were...

We're also thinking of merging the Greetings and Birthdays forum with Open Discussion.

*shrugs*

And on the subject of fools... of course I knew CB would fool you Jan. You're a Dane. He's a Faroes Islander. CB > Jan. :wink:

You've been discussing it, you are torn about it, you have done similar things before... Who's fooling who? For a fool on aprils fools day it's simply a fool too close to reality, it's not like you only fool around once a year...

Ok. Haha. You got me there. Funny rainman, funny CB.