Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 pm

All times are UTC





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Actual Play Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:43 am
Posts: 4845
Location: :niotacoL
You guys have all arrived or are residing in Ericeira, a town on the west-coast of Vareshi, in Silvercoast, one of the Vareshi Quartochry. It is spring.

Here is a map which shows Ericeira on the Vareshi powerstate continent.
Here is a map of the town of Ericeira.

Ericeira is a bristling trade town on the coastal road from Ke Hamut to Warensbadt. It is one of the larger settlements for trade in this fertile country.
On the western side of the city is a harbor with sea trade routes going in and out to the Mekkesh continent, and the more northern and southern parts of Vareshi.
In the north of the city is the house of the mayor of Ericeira, a well-educated man in his late fifties by the name of Miguel das Neves, near his manor are also the houses of his servants and family, and the warehouses they use.
In the east of the city is a wizard tower, manned by a sage and his servants. This sage, Suero Alvarez, is an elderly wizard, versed in many languages and forms of spellcasting. He is the main contact for the city-defnse for magic-related problems, and his tower with his servants is the main place to be for buying magical scrolls and the like.
In the Southeast of the town are the barracks and accompanying animal pens with horses, ponys and war dogs. The General of Ericeira is a man in his thirties, Velasco Romero. He is master of arms in the town and is in charge of anything related to war and peacekeeping in the region, and has good contacts with his superiors from Ke Hamut. Currently he's heard to be mustering people for the actions that have to be taken against the state of Warensbadt, which is currently in a state of anarchy after rebels overthrew the government because of extreme taxation.
The barracks borders to the Ericeira bazaar, which is, as nearly always full of tradesmen and farmers selling and buying their tools, ingredients, crops and livestock from the rich region. As well as trading in more exquisite goods, like clothing from other continents. A large fountain is on the east side of the bazaar, constantly spewing water, with benches around it. There is also a small podium there which is used in ceremonies and summer festivals. Near this podium usually stands a town crier giving the daily news of the region.
On the northside of the Bazaar a number of more succesful tradesmen have been able to set up in buildings, as such the north ring of the bazaar is filled with General Stores that buy and sell all kinds of goods.
On the west side of the bazaar, south of the docks is Ericeira's church to Gamathea, which also serves as hospital for the people and defenders of the town. The church is led by Alfonso Ortiz, a likeable man of around forty who helps the followers of his god with great dedication.
Roads leave Ericeira to the North, South and East, to the state of Warensbadt, Inlans and the capital city of Ke Hamut respectively, The city is bordered by a small wall of approximately a meter high, which is mostly there for making sure any trade and large groups of people come trough one of the three gates. The wall is patrolled several times per day.
There are two large inns in Ericeira, and several smaller ones. TRhe Inns of most note are La Taberna Pomona, which is located just past the docks, and the Cerveceria Dominguez, located at the south edge of the Bazaar.
The latter is the main bar for folk of the country, and is quite a lot bigger than the Taberna Pomona, which is more of a first place to rest after a sea journey, as such it is also filled with clientele of that kind more.

Trake Monitor and Darzen Kor are currently in the docks, where the ship they arrived on, The Knight of the Sea, has just docked in.
This ship is one of the smaller warships from the West-Mekkeshi fleet, who recently decided to send some ships with people from the army to the Vareshi Quartochry to investigate in their problems in Warensbadt, Eastland and Frego Asillo. West-Mekkesh ignored the calls from the Quartochry for quite some time, because they were too busy in the war with East-Mekkesh. More recently though, the northern front of the East-Mekkeshi army collapsed, due to a series of strange explosions in the state of Northcape.
Considering the stalemate which ahs been dragging on for some time in the south frount, the powerstate felt it had the luxury to sent some soldiers, diplomats and informants to the Quartochries.
Trake and Darzen are men recently gradruated from the military academies for chivalry and wizardry respectively.
The ships captain, and their superior for the voyage, Benedict Waters has meetings with Ericeiras general Romero and the mayor in the coming days. Both Darzen Kor and Trake Monitor have been chosen for the job of informants due to their outstanding performances in intelligence and maneuvreability they have shown over the years, like some others of the crew they have been given a free role to venture trough the powerstate at their leisure, reporting of news as needed.

Ruald del Vrillimere, after graduating has been scouting and gathering in the rich lands of Silvercoast for some months.
He recently travelled towards the town of Ericeira, because he heard there were many rare seeds and herbs to be found on the bazaar there, also, his backpack was full with all kinds of vials and containers with liquids and plants he encountered on the way.
After selling his spare ingredients on the market for some gold to live here for a time he went on his way to the local church to Gamathea, where he is residing now.

Muck MacArtheft and Erisael are at this moment in the Cerveceria Dominguez. Muck arrived in the city some time ago and has been paying for his stay at Dominguez's by performing in the bar, which has a menu of exquisite musicians every night. Muck has at the moment just left the stage after another good performance with the lyre he borrowed from the taverns stock and his booming voice.
Erisael is here for the moment too, standing in the crowd that is just dispersing after Mucks performance. She's been in Ericeira for quite some time; she often sleeps in garden houses and sheds of the people of the town, and spends her days at the busy docks, bazaar and bars of Ericeira carrying out her trade.

Now go on and meet each other ;)

_________________
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 5116
Location: I, cat loon
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister
Trake slings his equipment onto his back, then turns toward Darzen.

"Well, now that we're here, should we first find employment, or should we get ourselves some lodgings?"

_________________
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:22 am
Posts: 1982
Location: Stranded on the Black Isle
Title: Sorceror Supreme
Darzen replies "Definitely lodging. Preferably something better than some dockside inn. I could use some real rest though, with all the tossing and turning and swaying on the ship, I don't know how I got any rest at all. Coupled with the hammocks we were stuck sleeping it. 'Join the academy, see the world' they said. I certainly hadn't expected such a case of seasickness, I think I'll have to find a magical remedy for that next time."


"Besides, I should find a stable for my mule. He doesnt seem to have taken well to ocean travel. Come to think of it, had I been expecting such a voyage I wouldn't have brought him at all. Oh well, what can you do."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 5116
Location: I, cat loon
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister
Trake grins, as he slowly sets off towards the town centre.

"Come now, it wasn't that bad. And look at it this way - they could have sent us to Enosh, and then we'd probably be on the bottom of the Serpent's Through. You do have a point about those hammocks, though. My back aches something fierce."

_________________
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:39 pm
Posts: 1228
Location: Near the outhouse of the dukes of Brabant
On his way to the church Ruald felt the comparative lightness of his backpack. It was a relief to his aching back. Ah, if only his findings wouldn't become this heavy. Maybe he should get some kind of packanimal, he mused.

Ruald stopped in his tracks, causing the person behind him to almost bump into him. With an angry look, unnoticed by Ruald, the man swerves around the priest and continues his day. Ruald in the meantime considers his options. Either buying a mule or donkey and spend his money or saving it. But saving for what? He wondered how much buying and maintaining a mule would cost him.

There was only one way to find out. Ruald turned and headed back to the bazaar, to see if he could find someone who would sell him one, along with some food for the road.

Some time later, a mule with a packsaddle and food richer and a lot of coins poorer, Ruald sets off to find the stable the seller had directed him to.

_________________
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:30 am 
Offline
Editor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:29 pm
Posts: 14046
Erisael moves over to the bar as the crowd disperses, ordering whatever passes for a wine in this bar, while observing the remaining patrons and trying hard not to laugh at the gnomes loin cloth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:43 am
Posts: 4845
Location: :niotacoL
It's about noon btw

Ruald: On the Bazaar you buy a Mule, a pack saddle and saddlebags for 17 gp, you have 9 gp left.
the seller told you there are several way to lodge horses and pack animals in Ericeira. You could lodge them at the Ceveceria Dominguez, in addition to staying there. Cheaper there are options at the animal pens, he directs you to Muno Ruiz, the head of the stables there.

Darzen and Trake: As you two and Darzens mule arrive near the city-centre you see the bazaar is in full activity, tradesmen bartering at market stands, small wooden fences that keep livestock are tended by farmers who are shouting to the passing folk how fine specimens they have available.
Some meters away Darzen sees a tanned man in priests robes who just bought a mule at one of the pens. The farmer he bought it from seems to be giving him directions.

Erisael: one of the bartenders, a broad man in his late thirties wearing a green tunic, sets a wooden cup of red wine in front of you and asks for 6 cps. "Liked the gnome?" he asks grinning trough his beard.

_________________
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:27 pm 
Offline
Editor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:29 pm
Posts: 14046
Erisael smiles coyly at the bartender and says teasingly:

"I prefer my men a little more... developed and stout..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:43 am
Posts: 4845
Location: :niotacoL
The bartender grins and wriggles his beard with his right hand. a few metres away a man is hailing him for more beer. He looks that way momentarily, seemingly diverted in his attention. He grimaces and slams two mugs of beer in front of the man and returns to Erisael. " 'developed' you say, do you see any here that are?" he asks.

_________________
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 pm
Posts: 75
After the performance Muck goes to his room above to freshen up. When he ventures down the stairs, he seemingly slips and tumbles all the way down. "Those bigfolk and their big steps!" He complains, rubbing his knee.

Grabbing a barstool, he jumps on it and with just his head sticking out over the bar he orders a malt brew.

"The Stage" you can hear him murmer between sips "You go up all high and mighty and you leave a broken man"

_________________
H5N1 Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:41 pm 
Offline
Editor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:29 pm
Posts: 14046
"Or a broken half-pint.." Erisael says while laughing and smiling suggestively at the bartender.

"Although," she says as an after thought, "that is a nice BIG nose..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:43 am
Posts: 4845
Location: :niotacoL
"one malt brew, coming up" the bartender snorts, again tipped off by all those people keeping him busy, he sends a quick glance to Erisael and stumbles off towards the cellar to get a new cask of malt brew.

_________________
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 pm
Posts: 75
"Why thank you, fairlady!" Says Muck with a grin, deeply sniffing the air into his nose and keeping his chest inflated. All of a sudden noticing the stale smell hanging in the tavern, he sighes out his breath and hangs his head over his beer. "If it were upsidedown, I would drown, when it be raining" Muck says to his brew, forgetting his surroundings.

Then sticking his hand out to Erisael he says: "Muck.. Muck MacArteft be my name, or Mooky whateverya prefer, the pleasure is all mine! Do you possess by any chance some fresh hearsay from around here or yonder? I love hearing new stuff"

Eying his gooey malt brew he mutters "I don't suppose I need saying grace for tonights dinner, please do tell me some rumors while I eat"

_________________
H5N1 Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:39 pm
Posts: 1228
Location: Near the outhouse of the dukes of Brabant
"Ah, thank you good man" Ruald replies to the farmer. "Since I have lodgings at the church, I will go check the conditions at the animal pens. See what kind of fellow mister Ruiz is. Any special hints about the character of this fine animal you just sold me? He needs a name doesn't he? Or is he a she? I haven't checked yet. But I am rambling. Let me give you an opportunity to answer" says Ruald while smiling apologetically.

_________________
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:21 pm 
Offline
Editor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:29 pm
Posts: 14046
"Well, dear gnome, I think I shall call you 'Mooky'. "Muck just sounds... unsavoury... and I far prefer things that can be savoured..."

On the word "savoured", Erisael lightly traces her finger along the edge of her wine glass and, quickly looking from the corner of her eye to see if the bartender is watching, she lingeringly licks a droplet of wine from her finger.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group