Random events of the day

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Firstborn

Post by Firstborn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:09 am

Could have been me. ;) But since I'm not blonde...
"Love isn't blind, it's retarded!"

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:34 pm

One of my friends got rather annoyed at a sort of joke today. :D

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:37 pm

I was in the bookstore today, just killing time, while waiting for the optician across the street to fix my glasses. Not being able to see so well except at close range I was looking at some comics. All of a sudden a little foreign looking man come over at draw my attention to some hardback fairytales about our famous writer of fairytales.. H.C. Andersen. The subject of H.C. Andersen is so booooring, that only a foreigner or a really old nostalgic would touch it, but I indulge him since I'm in a shifty mood. So, then he pulls out some drawing from his suitcase and starts talking about a sequel.. The drawings looks like something intended for some three year old.. Turns out he's the maker of this comic book, who thinks he finally met a fan. I turn him down gently, but then he performs some magic trick and without a word he vanish from the surface of the earth.. Guess he doesn't handle rejection well, too bad, but my glasses are done and I go get them.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 pm

I've been playing a bit of the rerelease of Monkey Island 1 today, lovely game, especially enjoyed the French waiter at the governors house, where you can make reservations to loot her mansion after she got kidnapped. I'm scheduled for 2.30 tomorrow, it was fully booked up til then.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Hmm. Jan, your post begs the following question:

How much LSD did you do in college?

Jan

Post by Jan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Josan, I'm really sorry for you I had no idea, that you were doing so poorly, that you've started begging.. Sorry man it's all gone.

Not really, I don't do drugs, ever, I get high on life.. and weed on Roskilde Festival, but that's only for the company and the pain.. all that walking and music, that I really don't like.

Firstborn

Post by Firstborn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Had been promised to be able to take part in a clinical trail treatment of a medical condition I have. This was experimental treatment, since there is no real treatment out there as of yet. So,I was looking forward to it....

But today, after three months of applications and such, I got an email saying that "they are sorry, but I can no longer take part, since they missed that I live in the wrong city." Sucks moldy a--. :/

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:59 am

Janmanden wrote:Josan, I'm really sorry for you I had no idea, that you were doing so poorly, that you've started begging.. Sorry man it's all gone.
Funny guy. I should have known a Dane wouldn't understand proper English.

But funny you should say that because I've lately become very short tempered with beggars. I usually ignore them or say "Sorry" as I keep walking.

Now though, I usually say something like "Hey asshole, there's a recession right now. I'm out of work. You don't see me standing on the street corners begging. And I also bathe on daily basis. Go %*#$ yourself."

I hate beggars. Some have my sympathy. Most are just scammers.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:18 am

speaking of beggars, there was this chubby longhaired guy I saw recently, sitting there with a guitar and collecting money. He wasn't singing or playing guitar.
Just sitting there.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:52 pm

I just wanted to make sure you're comfortable with me
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:11 pm

I used to busk. It was great in so many ways.

It kept my voice in great shape. Between busking and gigs, I was playing 8-10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. It was incredible conditioning for playing, singing, etc.

I met a lot of great people (ok, mostly women), made it in the local news (radio and newspaper) and just had a fantastic time.

Then, the beggars started getting guitars and doing exactly that, sitting there or strumming on guitars they didn't even know how to tune.

Panhandling is illegal in several cities in Canada. It's just not enforced.

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Josan wrote:
Janmanden wrote:Josan, I'm really sorry for you I had no idea, that you were doing so poorly, that you've started begging.. Sorry man it's all gone.
Funny guy. I should have known a Dane wouldn't understand proper English.
As long as you don't start begging for my pardon too.. :lol:

But you are quite true on the scamming part.. When I was studying Advanced Computer Science in Copenhagen, there was a local beggar.. shabby clothes, beard and long hair.. but only when he was at work. In his leisure time he dressed pretty decent - almost unrecognizable. Well.. apparently a life-style.

In recent years there has been quite an invasion of a totally different kind of beggars. Zombie beggars. Completely mindless, blank stare, on your knees, scary.. pointy sharp teeth and long nails.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:05 am

We've got the punk/zombie beggars too. My response to them is quite different. I tell them if they can afford the full sleeve tattoos and the brand new Doc Martens boots, they obviously have more money and then I tell them to give me money. :twisted:

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:11 pm

works for you?

Firstborn

Post by Firstborn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:06 pm

*Making a mental note to stay away from Zombie beggars.*

And todays random event was in the theme of bums. I met a beggar/homeless man. He came up to me asking for some money to buy coffee (hardly think coffee was what he was going to buy though).
I said no, and said that he had to hope for better luck with the next one. And so he paused for a moment, looked me straight in the face and said: "You're so pretty..." Like I would make me more inclined to give him money. *rolls eyes*

I wonder if that line has ever worked for him...