Post by Marcus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Shits crazy!

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Joseph » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:03 pm

The world has gone to hell in a hand basket. I blame religion. And Trump.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 am

I blame the elite and mainstream media along with religion. Had they not been a bunch of idiots, Trump would never been elected.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Uh... hmm... not sure I agree with that. Idiots voted for an idiot is how I see it.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Marcus wrote:I blame the elite and mainstream media along with religion. Had they not been a bunch of idiots, Trump would never been elected.
The elite and mainstream media were the only pro-Clinton people. :eyebrow: As for religion, most people I know who voted for Trump and were religious didn't care for him per say, but they liked Pence. Though those were Christians, Trump has a pretty big pagan fanbase. Ugh I'm not a fan of licenses for anything (procreation, internet usage, ect) but times like this are when I would actually endorse the internet being a privilege that could be revoked. Damn the backlash
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Fluffy17 wrote:
Marcus wrote:I blame the elite and mainstream media along with religion. Had they not been a bunch of idiots, Trump would never been elected.
The elite and mainstream media were the only pro-Clinton people. :eyebrow: As for religion, most people I know who voted for Trump and were religious didn't care for him per say, but they liked Pence. Though those were Christians, Trump has a pretty big pagan fanbase. Ugh I'm not a fan of licenses for anything (procreation, internet usage, ect) but times like this are when I would actually endorse the internet being a privilege that could be revoked. Damn the backlash
I have yet to meet a pagan that wasn't a bleeding heart leftie. Trump has a large pagan fanbase? Wow. You sure breed 'em funny in 'Murica.

majestic

Post by majestic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:22 am

Well pagan in the biblical sense of the word just means anyone not jewish or christian. *shrug*
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:04 pm

majestic wrote:Well pagan in the biblical sense of the word just means anyone not jewish or christian. *shrug*
True and as for pagans being hardcore lefties those are the majority but Norse pagans are usually hardcore nazis at least in Scandinavia. Which have had issues when it comes to burning churches and such.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Just imagine how wonderful the world would be without religion. Simple human decency and an advancement of the sciences...

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 pm

I mostly blame media and the elite for making Trump win by fucking shit up and going all bleeding hearts lefties supporting.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:51 am

Fun times in Ukraine!.... good thing too, they haven't had much to laugh at the last 5 years, since the oligarch and his neo-nazi henchmen took over government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48007487
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 pm

I used to read the news, local, national and international, several times a day. I used to worry about the world and humanity and stressed over what I'd read.

Now, I just check the BBC periodically, skimming the headlines as the Beeb is my homepage on my mobile, but I don't actively read the news anymore and hey, guess what? While I still worry about the world, it's not as much and my stress has diminished accordingly.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:55 am

Joseph wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:21 pm
Just imagine how wonderful the world would be without religion. Simple human decency and an advancement of the sciences...
Ehh... sorry to say, but I think religion is really more of a symptom than a cause. Humans suck. They are greedy, avaricious, capricious and generally amoral in their selfishness. No rules without exceptions of course, but Darwinism also seems to work on a social level (i.e. "Social Darwinism"), where various ways of grouping together will compete with the jerk next door and his loser team :wink:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...