The Schedule

Day to day, down the street and around the world
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

The Schedule

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

I'm back to not working around 16-18 hours a day. I also am back to living out of the Volkswagen (because I spent a good portion of my money helping a friend out financially and getting him back on his feat, which in a sense crippled me ... but I was also buying selfish things like records and a turntable I didn't need...) I work nights back in Duluth 5 hours away from home. I haven't ridden either of my bikes since snowfall, so that's around 3 months.

It came to me as a realization to day that I really need to ride. I've decided I'm going to go to the only indoor skate park in the area (which is 2.5 hours away from home in the opposite direction, so 7.5 hours). As I'm texting and calling friends to see if anyone wants to go; I wish I still had facebook. I could easily log in and likely find someone to go ... but not being data mined is more important to me.

I need to cut the fat out of my spending for a few months to get caught back on on finances (No more records or Magic cards! What ever will I do!?). Over all, I'm glad I'm in this position. It's great for self-(re)discovery. Get back to the roots of who I am and, in a round about way, forced to socialize with folk people were meant to.

Yet, I never really shied away from 'me'. I still drive a bazillion miles a week in a black manual transmission VW listening to death metal.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: The Schedule

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am

I actually envy you. I have no bloody schedule.The job I was promised in November, and in the follow up calls cine, never happened. I've given up on that but it's a crap time of year to be looking. I've got too much time on my hands and nothing to fill it with.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:15 am

Apply for the railroad: http://cn.ca
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 am

Uh... I've never had a driver's license. Strange but true. I never bothered to get it. I should. I intend to. I just haven't. :oops: