Bloodworks

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Bloodworks

Post by Joseph » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:07 am

This is an old story I wrote way back in highschool. I figured with Halloween coming I may as well toss it up on the site for kicks.

http://www.winterwind-productions.com/l ... loodworks/

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:13 am

Ok, first off, I loved the overall story.

There is something fascinating with psycho thrillers, whether it be written or movies. That sense of something considered harmless and innocent can turn upon you and destroy you seems like it has been a staple of creepy tales since approximately forever.

This one is one of the well dones because it's frightening close to the real disturbed human minds. Little shy guy, paintings, artists expressing themselves. The disturbing part is when people change colours like a chameleon and becomes something completely alien, incomprehensible and can not be reasoned with, simply because they have different values.

One little thing bothered me with the story and that was the beginning. The first long paragraph after the first "I love you, you know..." just doesn't fit with the rest of the story. The second paragraph is a completely different story from the last paragraph where the last thing she knows is, that he presses a knife against her throat.

Those nitpickings aside, nice gradual flow from the "safe" world into the world of "despair". Makes you wonder if that is what an animal feels when caught by a predator.

A shame that one collected dust for so long, but nice to see it dragged out from the darkness, into daylight and thanks for sharing :)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...