Spotify

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Spotify

Post by AngryKidJoe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 pm

A while ago, I posted about an application called Pandora. I found something that isn't available in the US that's somewhat comparable to it. It's called Spotify. Actually, Firstborn introduced it to me a couple of weeks ago and I just came across it again.
AngryKidJoe wrote:[ ORIGINAL POST ]
Pandora is an automated music recommendation and Internet radio service created by the Music Genome Project. Users enter a song or artist that they enjoy, and the service responds by playing selections that are musically similar. Users provide feedback on approval or disapproval — which Pandora takes into account for future selections.

Links:
Spotify
Pandora
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Firstborn

Re: Spotify

Post by Firstborn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:15 pm

As I understand it, the difference between Pandora and Spotify is that with Pandora you can't control what music you'll be listening to? While in Spotify you can build play lists with whatever music you search for, but there is no advanced "recommendations feature". Although, there is a "you may also like these albums"-feature.
I must say, I LOVE my Spotify. I can hear a song on teh radio or anywhere and then I find a computer with internet, search for it in Spotify and simply ad it to my play list online.

Couldn't try Pandora unfortunately, only available if you're in the US apparently. :( And I haven't been bothered to move my IP yet. ^^
"Love isn't blind, it's retarded!"