On Line Gaming

Gaming discussion for all platforms
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

On Line Gaming

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm still looking for fellows to play Torchlight II (which is mod-able), Neverwinter Nights, Magic: The Gathering or perhaps any Free-to-Play MMO online with. I'm still surprised that after all of these years we've only played BG2 online for a brief. The amount of Free to Play MMOs now is astounding. Dungeons & Dragons: Online, Lord of the Rings: Online, Age of Conan plus many others.

It's not so much the games I'm looking forward to playing, it's playing them with people that I consider friends that I have very little in common with.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: On Line Gaming

Post by Joseph » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Ah, time on your hands after your surgery?

I'm sure some of them will work alright on my laptop. Don't know how awkward it'll be, using the mousepad instead of a mouse but I've got way too much time on my hands so I may as well find out. As long as they're free. Free is good, especially right now.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Torchlight II has a demo if the rest of you would like to see if it'd be your cup of tea.
http://www.torchlight2game.com/buy
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 am

Star Wars The Old Republic is the extent of my online gaming at the moment (has a f2p option too), but my playing schedule is rather irregular and mostly opportunistic (i.e. not planning ahead, playing that day or that time, just deciding, usually late at night every few days, to put in an hour or two).

I wanted to give Neverwinter Online a try, even went as far as creating an account, but when trying to start the client, my Kaspersky threw fits and blocked it, telling me it was a html page with built in hi-jacking code. Couldn't be bothered to add it to the white list, so never got to try it.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

majestic

Post by majestic » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Gorth wrote:Star Wars The Old Republic is the extent of my online gaming at the moment (has a f2p option too), but my playing schedule is rather irregular and mostly opportunistic (i.e. not planning ahead, playing that day or that time, just deciding, usually late at night every few days, to put in an hour or two).
Oi, mine as well. Still trying to down those damnable Dread Guards Commanders. They just won't die, dammit!
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 am

Dread... rings a bell. Ran into some nasty critters on Balmorra. Dread Seeded somethings. No idea what they are/were, but they sure packed a punch and made mince meat out of my poor character. I thought he was rock solid on the defence, shows what I know :roll:

Took all of 5 seconds and not just the closest ones, but a literal horde of them swarmed me. I think they are for large, high level (operations) groups only?

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:53 am

I've been playing around with NW Online. It's actiony.

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 am

Gorth wrote:Took all of 5 seconds and not just the closest ones, but a literal horde of them swarmed me. I think they are for large, high level (operations) groups only?
Ah, that's part of a quest line revolving around dark side artifacts known as Dread Seeds, which is something else, but yes, thoses overly large champion level mobs that blow you away within seconds are for high level operation groups. The Dread Guard Commanders are the second boss encounter in the Asation operation, which recently had the nightmare difficulty released.

Aptly named that, nightmare.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:40 am

I haven't quite reached those levels, might still be a bit. My Bounty Hunter (Powertech) is level 41, clawing his way up, slowly but steadily.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed May 08, 2019 7:19 am

Well, Swtor has been parked somewhere on a laptop hard drive for now and it's other games that takes up my time these days. Not much single player games either, but besides Guild Wars 2, we (our little gaming group) play things like:

Age of Empires 2
Portal 2 (for max 2 players)
Saints Row III (same, max 2 players sadly)
Borderlands 2: The Pre-Sequel

and currently having fun with an early access game on steam, called Risk of Rain 2. Awesome little coop shooter

Dabbled a bit in Overwatch for a few evenings, but wasn't my thing.

Tried Divinity: Original Sin (also max 2 players) but... something about the game just never really clicked.

Also tried 'Don't Starve Together' which was a lot of fun, but it has a steep learning curve and benefits from having at least one or two experienced players in the group.

Off topic, but go ahead and shoot me, single player games on my current play list includes:
The Witcher III
Nier Automata
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

All 3 fascinating games for each their own reasons. All of them real time sinks too :oops: