Zombie slaying on PS3 with Lord Sadness and me...

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: Zombie slaying on PS3 with Lord Sadness and me...

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:03 pm

MERLANCE wrote:What spot is it? Is it the one where you have to run down the hill with the VC constantly respawning?
:D

I can't get off that damned hill. Seriously, I can't. It's the part where Woods say "Marines, stay here" or whatever and you're supposed to get to the weapons supply. They keep f-ing killing me. Run and dive, crouch, step and shoot, or crawl... doesn't matter. They just kill me. Bloody VC.

They have little descriptive lines with each difficulty setting and with Veteran, the tag is "You won't survive." No shit. The game is simply programmed to kill you. Period.

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah that is the single hardest part of the game, even on regular difficulty. Go left you die, go right you die, go down the middle you die. Its been so long since Ive done it (and I do have the achievement for doing it) that I couldnt give any advice for it. Unless you dont know that youre supposed to get the barrels and push them down the hill. I didnt know that. I just did it til I managed to make it without dying.

Dozens of tries. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it took me 50 attempts to do it.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 am

It was tough on regular difficulty but it's absolutely horrid on Veteran mode. I must be a masochist for even trying it.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Damnit! Sorry for just disappearing earlier. I forgot the voice chats closes when I leave the group! BUt wave 21!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, that was pretty impressive. Our second session, Round 19 and then Round 21.

I've put in a lot of hours on that map with other players and they never picked it up as quickly as you have.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Well its just about listening and many years of gaming and one can do decent even in a new game :)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 pm

True. Like I said yesterday, my best on Kino Der Toten in Round 30 and it took quite some time to achieve that with the guys I used to play with. We hit Round 21 in our second gaming session to I expect we'll be passing Round 30 quite soon. :)

When you're in the menu, you can look at the Leader Boards and setting the filter to friends, see their best rounds. Sadly, they don't track your Rounds records when playing solo.

Also, there are some achievements/trophies you can only get in co-op with friends. Now that you've got the game, and when you get some of the DLCs, I'm looking forward to finally getting those. Those are hard though, no only to you have to survive the zombies but you have to do all these little objectives. Think of the easter egg song I showed you, getting the pieces of the meteor, only much more complex.

I do wonder what's up with AKJ, he got the games, got the DLCs, we did one session and I haven't heard from him since.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I played that mission again yesterday, going down the hill. I made it to the bunker on the left, and crawled to the nearby barrel. Woods came and kicked it down the hill. I hunkered back in the bunker then eventually made a break for it and manged to get tothe right one. I crawled to the right barrel and kicked it down (I seemed immune to damage while taking the action.) I scrambled back to the bunker, then went for the middle one after a minute and got it.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

On Veteran?

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Don't take this the wrong way but... fudge you! :P

I can't get down the first slope, I've tried waiting and killing as much as I could from a prone position, jumping immediately, crawling, right, left, centre, doesn't matter. I die. Woods and Hudson take nothing, all the other grunts die and I die with them.

Now, obviously the other characters are largely scripted but still, Veteran mode is a bloody bitch.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Once you get to the barrel, Woods moves up. Hes in a better position to cover you from there.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Problem is I keep getting killed while going through kicking the barrel animation.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Aw damnit! So far! Until I died once! It went perfect until, what was it? Round 25? 26? :haha:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:34 am

Yeah, Round 25. But they were good deaths with amazing reviving on my part, doing a complete circle of the map, getting you up... twice. But the third time... Yeah, there were just too damn many and I died at your side. :D

As soon as you can, get the Rezurrection DLC. That will give us five more maps to do heroic zombie slaying on.