Bioshock Infinte

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Bioshock Infinte

Post by Marcus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:48 pm

First impression? Very cinematic, looks nice and is a interesting concept.

Second Impression of the comabt system, seem to be quick phased and fluid. Interesting and I like the more "open world" compared to the undersea city of Rapture of Bioshock 1 and 2.

Marcus

Re: Bioshock Infinte

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Last impressions of the game? What the hell is going on.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 pm

I cannot drop this ending. Its...a pretty damn bad ending but for a modern FPS game it is pretty deep.

The game clearly did not end the way I wanted it to end but it ended in one of those, movie-like pretentious endings. Some hate it, some love it. I simply love the City of Colombia myself, I love idea of a floating utopia in the sky where it is always sun shine and everything is perfect. Atleast in theory (if you played the game you know what I mean)

I want more games like this. The modern military shooters in grey and brown shitcolours are getting damn old. Always bloody deserts, Russians or Koreans we fight. Always bloody soldiers shoting each others! It is getting old, go damnit you stupid mainstream audience, stop buying Call of Duty (every f'ing year)you dimwits.

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm

haven't played it. might. might not. saw the commercials. looks ok i guess but didn't like the first one.
magnus wants me. he's so gay.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm

I didn't either. Found this more "fun" then the other games in the series. But the floating city is pretty awesome.

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:15 am

I found the combat weaker than in Bioshock 1, but I REALLY loved the atmosphere and characters.

Ending clicked perfectly and I saw where they were going with it. Brilliantly executed and thematic.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 am

Argh... I still have the original Bioshock installed. Never got through the start. Not because it was bad, it just didn't feel "compelling" for some reason.

I think may taste in games may have become chaotic in my old age. I love The Witcher, I hate The Witcher 2. I play an effin MMO every now and then and still have Conquistadors installed and need to start a serious game on it.

I've heard a lot of buzz around Bioshock Infinite though, some good, some sceptical, some cynical. Not from any people I know have a history with that genre, so not reliable "character witnesses" for the game.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm

My best friend has suggested I play the Bioshock series. He said if I didn't like the gameplay I'd enjoy the storyline and art direction enough to overlook and put up with it. I have yet to oblige.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

majestic

Post by majestic » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:55 am

I have to admit that I never played any of the Bioshock. Shelling out 50+ € for a meagre 8h of gameplay is usually not on my "todo" list. Needless to say, I haven't bought that many games in recent years. Actually, aside from RPGs & hybrids from Bioware, none... *shrug*
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:38 pm

not a fan of "deep" games like Bioshock or Mass Effect as they generally are overrated (like 80% of Oscar movies), also senile POS of a computer. As for 8 hrs of gameplay. Give me a tokusatsu stream marathon over that if it's that short.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

majestic

Post by majestic » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Mass Effect is a lot, but not overrated. The ending of the last effort was far out there and completely bizarre though.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 am

Did somebody use "deep" and Mass Effect in the same sentence? Seriously guys :look:

Play Mass Effect 3 and all endings will come across as intellectual master pieces.

Not to diss the ME games, I've played all of them at least twice. "Deep" is *not* a word I would use to describe them.

The last one had some interesting dilemmas and hard choices. First time I think Bioware sprung a genuine surprise on me with the Quarian/Geth conflict (the so called "plot twist" in kotor failed very badly). As an overall package though, it was a Bruce Willis/Die Hard type of experience.

Not kidding about the ending of the Mass Effect series. If somebody hasn't tried them, they should, just for the educational bits. They teach you that just about every other game ending isn't really so bad as you first thought. Whatever Bioshock Infinite offers at the end, it's going to be better ;)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:40 pm

choyrt wrote:I found the combat weaker than in Bioshock 1, but I REALLY loved the atmosphere and characters.

Ending clicked perfectly and I saw where they were going with it. Brilliantly executed and thematic.
Oh yes! Colombia is magnificant and wonderous.

DLC coming out now too.

ME3....ouch Gorth! Lets not talk about it!

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 pm

A lot of people would claim that ME is the deepest game ever hence why I mentioned them as deep.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

majestic

Post by majestic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Fluffy17 wrote:A lot of people would claim that ME is the deepest game ever hence why I mentioned them as deep.
That's probably the same sort of players who claim that Halo is the Second Coming of all FPS because 1) OMG MULTIPLAYER FPS is so great and 2) OMG STORY IN AN FPS.

I just shake my head and quietly exit the conversation at that point. Halo was so damned mediocre compared to many other FPS around that to this day I regret having bought an XBox just to play it. But sure, if someone had never seen any FPS before Halo they might actually be impressed.

That's the new gaming generation for you. Impressed by Halo, thinks Mass Effect is "deep" because... why, I have no idea.

Mass Effect is, however, an epic piece of sci-fi world building and great and funny, albeit a little chliche ridden (one might argue that makes them even more likeable, considering Mass Effect was crafted out of *all* possible sci-fi cliches EVER CREATED), characters.

The first and the third installment also actually had a decent plot going.

Sadly, I was one of those unfortunate enough to finish Mass Effect 3 before the Extended Cut DLC made the ending accaptable. Not good, not even decent, just passing... but still much better than the travesty they had at first.

But yeah, C&C 2: Tiberian Sun is what you do get when EA forces you to rush a release. No, wait, that was the end of Westwood... ah... eh... *sigh*