HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT

Announcements, site and forum feedback
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Joseph » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

I must say, with the the anniversary two days past, and Christmas two days hence, that I'm both incredibly surprised and disappointed that no-one has said either

Congrats! or Happy Holidays everyone!

So congrats and happy holidays...

hankinator

Post by hankinator » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Congrats and Happy Holidays everyone!
[b][i][color=red]Let opinion be taken away, and no man will think himself wronged. If no man shall think himself wronged, then is there no more any such thing as wrong.[/color][/b][/i]

Clyo Beck

Happy Holidays!

Post by Clyo Beck » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:27 am

Happy Holidays and congratulations on your five-year anniversary. As you can see, I received the forwarded link to Winterwind. I love your logo. The winter trees are beautiful.

Of note - perhaps I'm too literal minded - I had trouble registering because I gave the answer "four" to the question "How many fingers does the average hand have?"

The thumb, as I understand it, is not a finger. However, when four didn't work, I figured that the answer you were looking for was "five."
:haha:

P.S. I don't suppose there is a way to go in and edit the blurb that will appear after each of my posts, or is there? I misspelled "see" so it's "sea" (good gosh how did I do that?) plus I thought html would work, but it doesn't, so now goofy tags are bookmarking the LWS sites.

P.P.S. I did not misspell "s-e-e." It was changed to s-e-a by the program.
As past president of the London Writers' Society, I invite writers to visit www.londonwriterssociety.com (and after April 2009 www.londonwriterssociety.ca) and see the resources for writers on these sites.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 pm

So I make a post trying to shame our older members and regulars into posting and what do I get?

A blast from the past with hankinator returning and a brand new member joining and posting. Hiya hank, hiya Clyo. Nice to see both of you! :)

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:19 am

bunch of humbugs. magnus isn't the only loser here even i posted congratz and fairy christmas.

hi new person :twisted;
magnus wants me. he's so gay.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:52 am

Ye Fish, he is going all mellow and sentimental on us. Time to put on the hard-hat.

Merry Christmas everybody :cool:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Happy new year to all!
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Well, I appreciate that some of you have posted here and a few have replied to the ezine.

Still, I am disheartened at the lack of responses. We used to have a much stronger, more committed team and a more active, supportive community.

Every year at this time, I always wonder about the future of the site/forums. This year, I'm giving more thought to it than I have in the past.

hankinator

Post by hankinator » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:09 am

Wow! So Clyo is a real person, eh? I saw the website listed in the profile and figured it was just a spambot, but then I saw they had actually made a post.

So, anyway, welcome and all that stuff.
[b][i][color=red]Let opinion be taken away, and no man will think himself wronged. If no man shall think himself wronged, then is there no more any such thing as wrong.[/color][/b][/i]