Regarding Winterwind's future - READ ME

Announcements, site and forum feedback
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 am

John Arkham wrote:I admire the fact that this site is a community of artists rather than a fan site. When I can get more active I would love to discuss Duchamp, Chagall, Soutine, van Gogh and many others, contribute reviews, articles and art pieces to the online magazine.

Actually, I may dust off a few old film reviews that you can use for 'filler' if there is space to fill.

Maybe we should make a major effort to advertise this forum?
Well, we try to be a community of artists but it seems most of ours have been subject to strange personality quirks, bouts of depression and absenteeism. Goes with the territory I guess.

I've been the constant. Mattias has been here, off and on, for the most part and Lina has just formally joined. I do wish our artistic team and contributors pool was a bit deeper. And promoting this place was always something I wanted more help with so I'm very happy to hear you say "we". :)

Right now, we're doing it by a forum newsletter but remember, we're averaging 20-25 members logged in each month so... that's not much.

Four or five of us have sig links on other forums and, occasionally, depending on the content, I'll make an actual "hey folks, check this out" post on another forum.

We do need more than that though. Much more so I'm wide open for suggestions and any help. :)

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:57 am

/\

that depends a bit actually, of course for the zine you are correct, but i tend (hope) to find us an artistic bunch in our gospels..

[edit]oh, and please endorse me in those great names of history[/]
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Hmm. Considering that time you made that post... I'm guessing it was after a night of partying because I haven't exactly puzzled it out the meaning yet. :wink:

But we definitely need some fresh faces around here. After a brief active spurt for a few weeks, it's slowed to a crawl again.

Hopefully, the soon to be out Spring Issue of the ezine will help pick things up. :)

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Hmmz, yes i was probably in some sort of non-sober state at that time, but the message was quite clear.
You said "..we try to be a community of artists.." continuing on the habits of those that write for the zine. I think the different forum members and many of the posts as a whole are art-related, at least in the stance people take viewing things.

Combining that with the time of the former post, i think my feeling came down to 'Hey, he's complimenting me too!' ;)

Hmm, and being in this thread anyway, i agree in noticing that the posting tempo has gone down again compared to January and February, keep it up folks, i'm still drowning in the ball-pit.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:57 am

...throws in flotation device for D. Sauzi...

As long as you make room for us non-artists, everything is Ok :cool:

We need more contributions from John Arkham on the old Anglo-Saxons :P

Not sure what to do about advertising though, I don't really get around much on the internet and the people I meet in life outside the net has little or no interest in artsy stuff other than as investment objects.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:05 am

some team. some comunity.

you need nudity
magnus wants me. he's so gay.