The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Actual Play Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Re: The Qui'Hamor Online Campaign Actual Play Thread

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Darzen figures that a penthouse would be the safest place (easier to defend if we are attacked in the night if we are all together) so he figures the party should go with that, assuming there are no objections from the group. And he suggests it should come out of the party fund, as he already paid for dinner and Juans tip.

To Phrez, he says "I think you should stay the evening in our room. If you intend to assist us with our business, you may well have become a target for our enemies already. Plus, having someone thats not exhausted from the road to take the first watch would help, too."

To Mabon and Maryana, he suggests "Perhaps you could prepare a detect poison or two for tomorrow's meals, as Erisael has noted the enemy may poison us through our food, and we may as well just be on the safe side. It is a minor cantrip after all, and even if you don't need to cast it more than once, you can still convert it to healing magic. And if our food does detect as poisoned, we can use that knowledge to our advantage"

If either or both agree to it, he then says "Well, we might as well place our order for breakfast then to be delivered to our room. We can strategize over breakfast how to coordinate our efforts tomorrow."

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, the party should probably get a decent meal, but not so much food as to gorge ourselves.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Erisael agrees the penthouse is the best, most defensible option and suggests, with the size of the group, that all watches are in twos. Mabon, in an agreeable mood (sorry, couldn't help it) agrees with the penthouse suggestion, and also with Darzen's suggestion regarding detecting poison.

When the group retires to their suite, he prays for the appropriate cantrip.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Bactar pats his belly and grunts Sleeping time eh? Oh well then He agrees upon taking the penthouse, giving the others a happy smile.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:15 pm

"Well that settles that, then" and Darzen proceeds to get the Penthouse for the party.

Upon arriving... he finds a bed and goes to sleep.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 pm

As Darzen is preparing to sleep, Erisael pokes him, saying "Don't you think we should agree on the order of the watches before you drift off to dreamland?"

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Darzen replies "I figured that we would use standard watches, and stick Phrez in there somewhere."

I cant remember, was I first watch, or last watch? I know its one of those...

Oh, and how is the room laid out. What are the entrances, windows, closets, and so on? Or is it irrelevant to worry about posting a guard at a closet because the night is going to pass uneventfully?

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

The clerk wishes you a good stay for the night, as he gives you the keys for the east penthouse. He agrees on your order of breakfast and will have it delivered in the morning.

The night passes uneventfully. You hear some noise of people going to bed from the Mansion during the first watch, done by Phrez and Mabon, but apart from that you catch a good nights rest. Maryana agrees to memorize a few Detect Poisons, on top of her usual Delay Poison and Lesser Restoration already in her daily repertoire.

The next morning, your breakfast arrives to your room, and you sit down around the dinner table to discuss the plans for the day. It is 8.30 am, and you already see more carriages making their way to the parking place in advance of the doors opening at 9.

(Choose to indeed skip the discussion about watches and postings, as i wasnt planning on having anything happen overnight. Do be sure though to fix it for the next night should there come one. I've decided on a watch schedule of Phrez/Mabon, Darzen/Hadija, Bactar/Maryana and Erisael. (Posted in the central living room, which looks out on the north windows and south door.
Any other changes to Mabons memorization for the day? I've decided on switching out the 2 cure minors for detect poisons as they can be changed back anyway)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Darzen, while w aiting for a detect poison spell to be cast on the food (the area of effect version should suffice to say that something is poisoned) says "Alright, we better plan out our day as best we can. Theres some stuff we need to do. First, we need to get Erisael and Hadija their passes, I assume that since Phrez is an employee he will be fine in that regard. Also, we should try to make time to finish our tour of the establishment with Juan, but should that prove unfeasible, Phrez should be able to guide us to an extent." Pausing for a moment he takes a bite of food assuming its not poisoned, then continues "our main goal for the day is find Zafilde, stop her from contaminating the water supply (that was the plan right?) and save the town, while not getting killed"

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:48 pm

"Speak for yourself, mage," says Erisael between bites of her breakfast. "My main goal is not dying and everything else is secondary. And from what I hear, with your lack of subtlety yesterday, Zafilde no doubt knows we're here so our search just got much harder. I don't suppose any of you spell casting types can detect evil intent, can you?"

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Bactar sits there, eating his food cheerfully. He had a fun guard pass with Erisael, he catched a liking for the odd girl and keeps an eye out for her, like a old bearded grumpy uncle. By the morning he glances upon the others, rubbing his nose Aye less arguing, more thinking eh? Im not a thinker much. I think with my axe and I detect evil by mere dwarven intutions or wha'ye call it. He grins.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Her breakfast finished, Erisael says, "I've no desire to enter this mansion unarmed. You spell casters," she looks from Mabon to Darzen to Maryana, "are quite capable of holding your own without weapons. The fighters have their strength and can easily splinter a chair or two to fight with sticks. Me... well my charm and a small, sharp knife do the trick for me. I'll check out the water sources outside but the only way I'm going inside if fully armed and maybe with some poison coating my blades."

Mabon ponders Erisael's words then finds himself agreeing. "Our 'charming' rogue may have a valid point. Our numbers are large enough to split into two teams. And if we are all together, caught as a group, our mission will end quickly enough. Perhaps we should have one group inside and one group outside. We have no way of knowing who is in league with this vampire, either willingly, or through control. It's best not to place all our eggs in one basket as the saying goes."

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:51 am

To that, Darzen says "We should stick together. Splitting up just invites the enemy to pick us up one by one. I think we should head to the central drink area first and see if that system is in danger. We might be in luck and not be disarmed for that part."

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Bactar sits eating on a piece of bread glacing at the others. Nay scrawny waiter or undeader gonna put me down, im a dwarf! Fatty compared to you boys and charmy gal, but we can stand straight in a storm even with a tree hitting us the dwarf grins I could go about alone. They prolly think im to stupid to be of any harm eh?

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 pm

"No doubt they do, my dear dunder-headed dwarf," says Erisael with a smile. "I still have no desire to enter that place unarmed. Though I suppose I have less to worry about during the day... unless we're dealing with a vampire that comes out at all hours, and I've never heard of such a thing. Well, I suppose our first stop should be the water sources outside of the mansion. But then what evidence would we seek? And I would think nothing will happen until the appointed hour... at which time it will happen quite fast. And since there are several locations that could be targeted, again, I believe we need to cover them all."

Mabon, considering Erisael's words, says, "Our rogue has a point. If we go altogether to one point, we cannot cover the others. I doubt our foe will use only one source. However, if we split up, we are indeed weaker as Darzen points out. If only we had been able to enlist the aid of others of my church... Hmm... perhaps... perhaps we need to find other clerics here, or a paladin or two as Darzen suggested. This might be too big. Even for us."

(ooc - only Merl will catch this but Mabon just couldn't help quoting Boone)

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Darzen responds to Mabon "Well, maybe we should go looking for a paladin or other good aligned priest. They can at least help us cover the search area a bit better. We have to start somewhere, and we have to start soon lest it be too late."