"bowl world" lore and other

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Re: "bowl world" lore and other

Post by Marcus » Wed May 04, 2011 5:54 am

Yeah, I think its so too =) Lol

Fat!

Yes, dont know which to pick :) I believe I made this world out of nostalgia, since much today is aiming to be so "cool" and sci-fi, steampunk and such. I simply bring in humans, elfs and dwarfs, add in some real life people and twist em. Dont know what name to take although, Cliche and mystique or not! Hehe.

GURPS is a bit complicated to explain but the system is rather easy (Not that I mastered it all) 3D6, roll under your skill more or less :D

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Thu May 19, 2011 7:17 am

I think it's perfectly fine to use a setting with just humans, dwarves and elves and some flavour to it. The descriptions are entertainingly written too.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat May 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Thank you Runenklinge!

There will probably be some other races beyond diffrent kind of culture diffrent elfs, humans and dwarfs but those three are in the focus.

I think I will start to write stuff down...So I have the information collected and ease of use, should I ever manage to make it into a proper, functional setting.

Nostal: Bowlworld

1: Races
1.1: Kins
1.2: Elven kin
1.3: The old/The imperial and bastard kin (humans of diffrent kind)
1.4: Dwarven kin
1.5: Troll kin
1.6: Nature kin (Example: Apemen)

2: The world

3: The culture

4: History
4:1 Myths and legends

5: Magic

6: Places of interest

7: Factions

8: Monster

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:02 pm

The three main races is of course, humans, dwarfs and elfs

With some add in minor races such as apemen and some diffrent demonic types with logical thinking

Then we have a variety of trolls and some nations of troll. But these are pretty unorganised and often either ruled by a strong troll, a clever troll or a "forest Nymph" who charms them to follow her command. Sometimes trolls grow strong and organised under both a strong and clever troll. This is uncommon to happen.

I am now pondering on an historical event, called the "elven fire"

Where either the elfs burned down a prestigious "university" of the "old empire" (Humans more or less) or if it was the "old empire" that burned down the elven academy/university, school thingy. I ponder if it fits but there been schools like this for long long long time in our "world" aswell. So it might been a prestigous thing to build a place where you collected the learned to teach out there stuff to somewhat clever commoners and rich peoples kids.

I need to really start putting the parts together. Right now its pretty much a puke of ideas!

The shadow counterpart of the world, some factions, the "cold" period who pretty much destroyed human civilisation, had the elf lose a lot of domain and the queen godess empire was struck with enormous famine and chaos. Natural disasters and what not hitting the world of Nostal. Rifts opening to the shadowery counter dimension, letting odd creatures inside. some kind of minor monsters but they are very very very uncommon.

I also am pondering on any ideas I can use for a campaign with you fellas.

Also waht system to use. I want something simple. But I dont know what.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:07 pm

I also found a pattern of three...which is a bit strange.

3 cities destroyed that some proclaimed started the great cold.
3 Great powers (2 "human" and 1 elven)
3 Races, Dwarf, human (they look diffrent and think they are not the same race but well, they are?) and elf.

But I really do not aim for any doomsday cliché thingy where there is patterns and such. The great "empire" still exsist, in small remote isles where they still argue over who is to be the new emperor and on a remote part of the large island where a few hundred, maybe a few thousand struggle to continue their legacy but they are meeting great problems and lack any sort of power.

They are called the "sons of the empire" more or less atleast as a name for me to keep them in check. the Isle cities are more or less from the top of my head known as the isle forts since they are a chain of isles with small fortress cities and bridges between some, where they fight constantly for power but never push enough to change the status quo. Some times its calmer, when they need to refill their ranks and let the last generation grow up.

How do this sound?

I mean, places do not magically disappear, even if I gonna have old weird ruins and sinking isles aswell to make it a bit mystery on where some civ's gone. Still, a large nation wont just BOOM! ALL DEAD AND GONE. Just like the Roman culture and Romans did not just suddenly disappear cause the Empire was in the end removed from the maps. :mrgreen: