MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Re: MERLANCE's Campaign Discussion Thread

Post by MERLANCE » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:35 am

Everythings fine. I just figure as long as I posted at least once every 2-3 days was still in the "good" post frequency range, just not the great range. Also, to see if everyone had posted.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:44 am

Yeah, we all try to post within a day of you. I've finally trained Marcus to post daily and now you've slowed down... ;)

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 am

MERLANCE wrote:It goes something like this, but he still makes it to the ledge of the roof and can pull himself up next turn as a move action (and still attack). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOovz9heQ6I.
:mrgreen:

Man, that's been a long time since I saw an episode of those.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:43 am

Hehehe, Go KITT Go!

And Gorth, why does your character say such stupid things? Seriously, his Int and Wis scores shouldn't be so buggered by the low charisma score. :mrgreen:

Questioning tactics when Ara's wounding is strictly the fault of your thief and the necromancer as explained in my play post. Your guy might just want to run. Good chance my guy is going to lay a beating on him when this is over. ;)

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:40 am

Ara's wounds were the direct results of a complete lack of tactics or preparations, barging into a combat that wasn't strictly necessary, just for the sake of combat. Easy to be critical when you always hang back until the danger has passed and let Ara and Kurt take the blows :razz:

The shop keeper who has exhibited all the brain power of a zombie so far is making a mockery of her stat sheet. Wisdom may not be her thing, but abject stupidity should be beneath her. She is not even penalized by an inclination to be "dislikable" ;)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 am

Oh my... your character is now affecting you, not the other way around. Your brain power is slipping, old man. Ara didn't barge into comabt. Ara positioned himself. Combat should have been Josef, Zati, Trudy and Gorth all firing missile weapons at the zombies before the noticed us with Ara, Kurt and the undead automaton moving into position Between the zombies and the archers. Then fire the missile weapons again, then melee.

But Gorth had to try climbing a wall and fall like a fool and have the undead automaton squeeze his but while giving him a boost. So Gorth's cowardice and stupidity took two characters out of the equation. So clearly, it isn't bad tactics. The tactics were 100% sound. It was Gorth being a selfish coward that screwed things up. Simple truth, that. :razz:

As for Zati, she has done nothing other than use her intelligence and be honest, exhibiting goof morals and ethics. Something a certain lying, conniving bandaged freak has not. So... have you thought about what your next character will be? You should start rolling one up since this character will be zombie bait soon. :D

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 am

What I really wanted to post was Michael Knight saying something like "Give me a boost ,KITT" where he launches to a rooftop from the ejection seat, but that was all I could find.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Poor Ara, knocked down to negative HP again.

No wonder I have to keep messaging him on FB to post and pushing him to post in the rpg.

I'm not even going to waste my time saying:

"Gee Merl, Marcus is only posting because I've been bugging him to keep posting and you really should have just let the last hit against his character go before his enthusiasm is completely killed."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:50 am

A damn shame those things are immune to critical hits, that wasn't the first potential critical hit :P

Merlance, did 'Gorth' see anything while checking the streets from the roof tops (last play post)?

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 am

The rain is coming down pretty hard, you cant see more than about 60 feet in any direction.

Everything more than five feet away has concealment (a 20% miss chance) though I didnt know that til after the battle started so I didnt use it. That being said, no Gorth sees nothing.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Heh. That hit was fucking awesome. Cheating undead who crits us but we can't crit them!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 am

Nothing personal Gorth. Your character is a selfish, obnoxious ass. So unless he apologises with my character's blades at his throat... it's on! :D

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Waiting on a Gorth post. Just saying "the priest gets back to 0 hp" doesnt make enough of a post.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Indeed. There's really nothing we can do until Gorth answers Josef 'challenge'.

He hasn't been on since Wednesday though. Probably eaten by the pet lizard he feeds at work.