BG2 one more time

From the late, great studio that brought us together
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:35 am

Hmm... never kept Anomen in my party after failing his test. Maybe I should try that once (and keep Aerie in the part too, I seem to remember reading somewhere that those two won't get along).
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 am

They don't. She tells him he's "different" since failing and he attacks her. Well, sometimes.

I've had him attack her once after that dialogue. Once, he did nothing and once... she slew the wretch. :twisted: Aerie - Evil Winged Elf of Death.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:35 pm

heh i actually never managed to tag Ano along without failing his test, i always put him in the evil group of the game, though that might also have to do with the evil cast being a duo short.

too bad that hypocrite of a Keldorn doesnt stomach his younger self after he decided to be as evil as him, they would make a nice couple.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Same old, same old.

Wanted to play through BG2/ToB one last time. In fact, I wanted a good game, the "ultimate" final run through and even restarted when I couldn't get Anomen to fail his test and by the time I got to ToB, I was bored and quit again.

That was about a week after my above post. The ToB disc is still sitting on my desk, on top of the case and... I've just zero interest in finishing it.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Yeah, well, I got that DVD boxset a while ago, a year or two and I even reinstalled the whole lot just to .. be reminded from a series of flashbacks that I've played it too much already .. it's a nice package and it keeps the disc's much safer than any of the other editons I've had, but it's just a collectors edition now as in "been there, collected that".

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, I uninstalled it. I've played BG2 about a half a dozen times. Played through it and ToB once. This was my 2nd or 3rd try at playing through both and again, I gave up.

It's not Planescape. It's not Fallout. Both of which I would replay again.

I think I'm permanently done with BG2/ToB unless I smoke a lot of drugs some night, years from now, and feel nostalgic. And by then, it may not play on any computers outside of museums.

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:59 am

ha! i'd give up to on that old crap
magnus wants me. he's so gay.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:55 pm

I am currently playing a party through Throne of Bhaal. Just out of sheer stubborness I wont to see how the different "romances" pan out. I've only ever completed it with Jaheira at my side.

I just gave up on the maze on 3rd level of Watchers Keep. My party keeps getting beaten in one of the dead magic rooms, where a bunch of daemons scare my frontline fighters. My support characters are just not made to go toe to toe with cornugons etc. when not having as much as a stoneskin cast :?

Left the maze and continued the main adventure instead, heading for the marching mountains to inspect some fire giants.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Out of sheer stubborness, I reinstalled after uninstalling. I've vowed to myself that I will complete the game, a final ultimate run through before retiring it.

And it's never the "ultimate" because Anomen has never been summoned for his test. Got the sister quest, and now I'm just passing time, walking from town to town, hoping for the summons when I've done everything except the elven city and Irenicus. I've read that the test summons is dependent on reputation, that it needs to be 19, but I can't raise it past 18 with donations.

I think I'll try cheating him in.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:17 pm

I don't know if your reputation plays that much of a role... can't you have him fail if he is in your party and your party is very evil (low rep). Something about him lacking judgement in the people he consorts with. Not sure exactly what triggers it though. I once had Mazzy in my party for most of the game and her quest to save her poisoned sister never came up.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Well, I had to spawn in the messenger to get the sister quest (supposed to happen about 10 days after he joins and I was at 3 weeks) but that worked fine (last time was a bug where I got the sister quest but the house was empty).

And I did read that rep has to be 19 before he's summoned for the test but... that makes no sense since killing the rival family is a substantial hit of reputation points.

And Viconia... well, I had rep up to 18, then it raised to 19 and she left so I reloaded and killed a peasant to drop my rep again. I think it's just buggy because I'm also using the multiple romances part of the EoA and I've heard that that causes a few bugs in spawning messengers for quests.

Damned Anomen. I swear, it's an... omen.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:03 pm

hmm, im not really sure if im thinking about the same thing you are, because i always fail the test with Anomen, but as far as i know it just happens after a while when you're in the city (or maybe even elsewhere), it surely has nothing to with high rep, which i seldomly had.

On the other hand if you're talking about him succeeding the membership of the paladins guild, there might be some strings attached. What i know is that you just get summoned and that you need to have done the fahrrad quest responsibly. However, as said i just go there to have him thrown out.

I also have never been able to romance Viconia, always somewhere the triggers fail on me (well, i hope its that, not me being a bad smooth-talker), i think i tried about three times, but it always ended before the Underdark.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:54 am

Well, I've played through every single quest, npc or otherwise, the game has to offer over the years and he's just not getting summoned for his test (which I've always failed intentionally). So, I'm giving up the waiting and if I'm inclined to, cheating Sir Ryan in via clua.

And I've done all the romances before too. It's just since I've played through it so much, if I play now, I have them all turned on via EoA. And strangely enough, while the clua console cheats work for advancing the lovetalk timers, they don't work when trying to set the romance to 0 (to shut them off) when I install the romance all option.

And it's bloody annoying because the bug with ToB is that you start getting all the romance dialogues with Anomen then. :roll:

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:57 pm

So, you'll just keep all 4 :roll:

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:55 pm

I have had all romances and marriages and I think Viconia is definitely the best.. she's like the only real person in the entire game.

Had a system crash once where some of my original screenshots from the end game disappeared so I don't remember if I've seen them all in the end. Only characters I need an end profile of is that druid-guy-whatshisname, Mazzy and Jan Jansen and Viconia as single.