Fallout 2!

From the late, great studio that brought us together
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 am

I usually play the same types of characters too, never having played a true "science geek" or stealth character. In fact, other than picking locks, I've never tagged any of the stealth skills or even spent points on them. My points always go to science, repair, big and small guns (energy weapons suck in FO2 compared to the Bozar or Gauss weapons) and then speech, doctor and outdoorsman.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:37 pm

My latest character had Science, Doctor and Energy weapons tagged. A real geek :)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:28 pm

In my last game I actually picked unarmed, lockpicking and trading.. I should be so poor, but I already got combat armor and bozars and pancor's and energy weapons besides that Power Fist I got early on.. Trading rules, it feels like cheating.

But the freedom of the game sometimes feels like a prison, because there is so much to do and so few skills to actually do it with.. the right way, which leaves very little room for variation.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:01 pm

I tried a big guns, melee and lockpick character in FO2 a few days ago, which is quite unlike my usual James Bond (small guns, speech and lockpick) characters. For one, I've gotten stumped by quite a lot of quests that very usually trivial in earlier games.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!